Please comment on Susun Weed letter titled "Candida is a helper. It is keeping you healthy!" - Page 3 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#61 of 319 Old 08-21-2008, 07:33 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebirdmama1 View Post
Ok, so I am doing it.
Right now I am eating extra soured sourdough bread with 2 cloves of raw garlic on top, and moldy cheese on top, accompanied with a big bowl of kefir and yogurt which was cultured extra long. Time to go make some nettle infusion. I will see how it goes...

As to the question where I go susuns letter, another parent posted it else where, and it is also available free on her website with all of her other newsletters.
Yes, please update on how you are doing. I think I'm going to try the same thing...and add a little more laughter to my day, too.

Again, a question about mercury. If one has mercury fillings and chooses to not remove them while breastfeeding, what do you do about mercury toxicity?

I mean, I'm a poster child for a SAD diet (and a sad upbringing...no child should be as stressed as I was) and I am a toxic mess. I feel like there's something bigger that needs to be done for healing, for my self at least. Forgiveness, finding my connection to the Earth, discovering my spirituality, developing compassion for others...these things feel "healing." Stressing about my diet 24/7 and cooking all day and night doesn't feel healing. But I know I'll have to remove the fillings and chelate, special diet, etc. one day...rambling now. I think I'll go find something rotten to eat.

Another thought...are we trying to recreate what is right in a fallen world? I don't think we should give up hope, but sometimes it feels like we are so far removed from what is natural, it isn't funny. OK, perhaps I should go discuss [U]Ishmael[U] with my husband and keep this thread on topic.
#62 of 319 Old 08-21-2008, 07:35 PM

Calm,
I see what you are saying, and I would never advocate the use of antibiotics ever. However, what I'm saying is that some handle them without major damage, and some are devastated by them. So there was still something BEFORE the antibiotics in my mind (usually nutritional in nature-as in not being fully nourished) that tips the balance.

I have no problem agreeing to disagree on this topic I don't see yeast as being the keystone of most illnesses, I see it as presenting concurrently. But, the people I help will continue to see me and the people you help will continue to see you. I think that's the beauty of natural medicine. You tend to draw the people you can help so there's room for so many methods.

I see issues with Susun Weed as well, as I always have (done lots posting on that here too!) I don't agree with her nutritional advice at all and don't always love her herbal advice either. Though, to be fair I don't employ a ton of herbs as it's just not my favorite modality.

Caedmyn, I agree 100% It is my experience (not saying you are doing this Calm) that so many people assume EVERYTHING is yeast. It isn't always yeast. Many things have very similar symptoms and won't be helped by a yeast killing battle.

Moneca, I am so thrilled to hear that NAET made such a difference! It's hard to be a believer in the energetic aspect until you experience it with your own eyes. I'm sure you are heaving MANY sighs of relief. We had great luck with Koren Specific Technique which is very similar along with homeopathy. Amazing stuff.
#63 of 319 Old 08-21-2008, 07:43 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calm View Post
I love pickles!!

Make sure it isn't a vinegar pickle!!!!!!

Most pickles have just been "pickled" in vinegar. No good!

It MUST be a properly fermented pickle or it will have the opposite effect - vinegar kills bacteria.

To make vinegar, you use a yeast (without the balance of a bacterium, unlike yeasts found naturally). Yeast make antibacterial chemicals.

Penicillin, anyone?

Yeasts are what antibiotics actually ARE!

They make chemicals that kill bacteria. It's a competitive world out there on fruit, or in our gut, or wherever they happen to be. They always live in tandem, keeping each other from taking over the world .

Yeast make anti-bacterial chemicals to give them an edge. It usually works to bust the cell wall of the bacterium.

Yeast products contain these chemicals.

If you eat yeast products, you kill off bacteria. If you, at the same time, eat yeast feeders (such as malt), you have basically just given yourself homemade antibiotics. Your gut will freak out and be imbalanced.

So, keep off the vinegar, make sure the pickles are traditional (kosher?) ferments or it is just an antibacterial soup, and you create an even worse problem.
Oh, these are naturally fermented in brine, Bubbie's brand to be specific.

So are naturally fermented vinegars (such as apple cider vinegar, or rice vinegar) unsafe to use in my diet? I don't have any reason to beleive that I currently have a yeast overgrowth.

Ruth, single mommy to Leah, 19, Hannah, 18, and Jack, 12
#64 of 319 Old 08-21-2008, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzukiaustin View Post

Again, a question about mercury. If one has mercury fillings and chooses to not remove them while breastfeeding, what do you do about mercury toxicity?

I mean, I'm a poster child for a SAD diet (and a sad upbringing...no child should be as stressed as I was) and I am a toxic mess. I feel like there's something bigger that needs to be done for healing, for my self at least. Forgiveness, finding my connection to the Earth, discovering my spirituality, developing compassion for others...these things feel "healing." Stressing about my diet 24/7 and cooking all day and night doesn't feel healing. But I know I'll have to remove the fillings and chelate, special diet, etc. one day...rambling now. I think I'll go find something rotten to eat.
As to the first question, what I would do is increase supplemental biotin, take glutathione and take zinc.

As to the second question there is a middle ground here. There are ways to heal without having to stress constantly and freak out about food. Honestly, nothing lowers your immune system faster than stress. This is why I employ energetic modalities along with nutrition (like Moneca was describing.) Again, it's a whole picture thing. You can't treat food allergies, yeast, or metals without looking at the entire person. Some people can eliminate foods easily and find cure, others can't. That is where I come in. I work to tailor a program to the needs of the individual, achieving health in body mind and soul.
#65 of 319 Old 08-21-2008, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Yes, please update on how you are doing. I think I'm going to try the same thing...and add a little more laughter to my day, too.

Another thought...are we trying to recreate what is right in a fallen world? I don't think we should give up hope, but sometimes it feels like we are so far removed from what is natural, it isn't funny. OK, perhaps I should go discuss [U]Ishmael[U] with my husband and keep this thread on topic.

I think one thing that can be healing is to see ourselves healed. And not in a weird way, but to really think of ourselves as already there and to get a grasp of the big picture, if that makes sense

I know with 2 young children, and a nursing newborn and moving into a new house right now- I can only cram so much information on health into my head at the moment! And I never liked breaking everything down scientifically all the time anyway. I just try to remember things lately as "good" or 'bad".

And thank goodness that finding a cure that fits our lives may be as simple as making a batch of sauerkraut once a month, or making sourdough, or fermenting veggies. Or drinking some kefir. Or taking a few expensive dirt pills The point being- I think it doesn't have to be stressful trying to be healthy. If we listen, our bodies will often tell us when we are in distress anywhere.

I think it is very tragic that most of us were raised "culturally deficient". And that if we can expose our children to a range of good cultures I wonder what a difference it could make?

Due with number 5 in August. We do all that crunchy stuff.
#66 of 319 Old 08-21-2008, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Not killing the bad guys and making room for the good guys on the gut wall.
The SCD done as it is written is meant to kill yeast. The diet alone eradicates candida, and adding the probiotics repopulates. I think there is a different reason that some do the SCD with success and some do not.
#67 of 319 Old 08-21-2008, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by firefaery View Post
As to the first question, what I would do is increase supplemental biotin, take glutathione and take zinc.
It's my understanding that supplemental glutathione is contraindicated in mercury toxic people.

Sorry, it's really not my intention to stray OT from candida...
#68 of 319 Old 08-21-2008, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Great post! I hear you. Regarding the mercury, cilantro/coriander is a mercury chelator. You can get a tincture of it, but using regular ol' cilantro has shown high excretion of mercury, lead and aluminium from the body.

Just did a quick search for some info on it for you and found this, you can do a search too if you like.

One way I like the OP is her preference for food healing. I also like food as medicine, it's more powerful than it seems.

Hunger is political.  Wherever there is widespread hunger, it is because people with guns are preventing other people from bringing in food.  
#69 of 319 Old 08-21-2008, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Calm,
I see what you are saying, and I would never advocate the use of antibiotics ever. However, what I'm saying is that some handle them without major damage, and some are devastated by them. So there was still something BEFORE the antibiotics in my mind (usually nutritional in nature-as in not being fully nourished) that tips the balance.
This is often true, I agree. It is often more simple also.

For instance, a newborn. He doesn't have a history of bad food choices or healing to do. He is born sterile, no gut colonization. He relies on mama's biotics during vaginal travel and through breastfeeding and also via the air he breathes. IF mama has thrush and the baby is vaginally born, instead of a nice balance of dudes, he gets a heavy dose of candida albicans - oh no. Eczema and allergies and all kinds of rubbish can hit that poor tyke before he's even ready for solids! Also, if mama is given antibiotics due to a c-section birth, he not only misses out on the good vaginal flora, but he has a bacterially sterile mama! Her breast milk ain't as good as it could be, and thrush may hit his mouth and her breast and in general, his gut is repopulated by crap and candida - esp hospital births.

It can be that simple for a healthy adult. How antibios are tolerated can be an after effect as much as what they were like before the dose. Some people are fortunate to get nicely repopulated, and some aren't. But as mentioned, I agree that in many situations it is the state of their body, esp the pH balance.

Quote:
I have no problem agreeing to disagree on this topic I don't see yeast as being the keystone of most illnesses, I see it as presenting concurrently. But, the people I help will continue to see me and the people you help will continue to see you. I think that's the beauty of natural medicine. You tend to draw the people you can help so there's room for so many methods.
I agree . If i may say though, I wasn't as big on yeast as I am these days. I did all the other stuff, the text book "naturopathic college" stuff and all that happened was a big spend on supplements or food they don't like or won't comply to long term, etc etc - you no doubt have had that happen now and again. Then I found the BINGO moment, and it wasn't just candida, it was parasites in general. Oh MY what we have plaguing our bodies. And that's why I now apply the logic of "remove the obstacles to health and the body does the rest". I remove parasites and it is amazing how much cure that alone has done. In my experience, they are the main "obstacles to health".

Regarding NAET, I totally advocate that. I am currently learning it cos I'm so darn impressed with the results. The clinic I'm apprenticing with at the moment for this using this German technology of electricity currents in line with the usual allergy removal. Simply brilliant.

Hunger is political.  Wherever there is widespread hunger, it is because people with guns are preventing other people from bringing in food.  
#70 of 319 Old 08-21-2008, 09:38 PM

Sorry for the serial posting...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruthla View Post
Oh, these are naturally fermented in brine, Bubbie's brand to be specific.

So are naturally fermented vinegars (such as apple cider vinegar, or rice vinegar) unsafe to use in my diet? I don't have any reason to beleive that I currently have a yeast overgrowth.
There are two schools of thought on this, the yes's and the no's. I'm a yes. I think if it is naturally fermented it has has the full spectrum of microorganisms working on it and therefore, less bad chemicals and is in balance. I don't know about rice vinegar. There are a few ways to make that, most are not so gut friendly. But apple cider, with a "mother", I would say yes. Another might say no. Trust your gut.

Heh. Pun intended.

#71 of 319 Old 08-21-2008, 09:42 PM

Quote:
The SCD done as it is written is meant to kill yeast. The diet alone eradicates candida, and adding the probiotics repopulates. I think there is a different reason that some do the SCD with success and some do not.
I almost started the SCD. I like her theory. Although, with what I know of yeast, I can see why there are some failures. I read her legal/illegal food list, and although it isn't a yeast target it has had some success with yeast elimination. But she failed to acknowledge that yeast will use anything as food, not just sugars and grains. It will use meat, even though it prefers sugars. It is more complex than that and must be taken into account when using diet to starve them. The vinegar/malt thing, for instance.

#72 of 319 Old 08-21-2008, 10:37 PM

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/m..._96416600/pg_5

http://www.cfsn.com/detox.html

The safest strategy we know for mercury detoxification is to rely upon the body's natural glutathione pathway. This strategy is based on chronic use of 3-5 grams of Glutathione Precursor amino acids per day for periods of months. Glutathione's role is detoxification, blunting the toxicity of mercury, and excretion of mercury out of the body. Glutathione excretion of mercury is slower than with chelating agents, but beleived to be much safer providing a person with the other benefits of increased glutathione in the process.

http://notmercury.blogspot.com/2006/...hy-should.html

http://www.cfspages.com/nutrition.html
#73 of 319 Old 08-21-2008, 10:46 PM

Quote:
This is often true, I agree. It is often more simple also.

For instance, a newborn. He doesn't have a history of bad food choices or healing to do. He is born sterile, no gut colonization. He relies on mama's biotics during vaginal travel and through breastfeeding and also via the air he breathes. IF mama has thrush and the baby is vaginally born, instead of a nice balance of dudes, he gets a heavy dose of candida albicans - oh no. Eczema and allergies and all kinds of rubbish can hit that poor tyke before he's even ready for solids! Also, if mama is given antibiotics due to a c-section birth, he not only misses out on the good vaginal flora, but he has a bacterially sterile mama! Her breast milk ain't as good as it could be, and thrush may hit his mouth and her breast and in general, his gut is repopulated by crap and candida - esp hospital births.

It can be that simple for a healthy adult. How antibios are tolerated can be an after effect as much as what they were like before the dose. Some people are fortunate to get nicely repopulated, and some aren't. But as mentioned, I agree that in many situations it is the state of their body, esp the pH balance.

I agree . If i may say though, I wasn't as big on yeast as I am these days. I did all the other stuff, the text book "naturopathic college" stuff and all that happened was a big spend on supplements or food they don't like or won't comply to long term, etc etc - you no doubt have had that happen now and again. Then I found the BINGO moment, and it wasn't just candida, it was parasites in general. Oh MY what we have plaguing our bodies. And that's why I now apply the logic of "remove the obstacles to health and the body does the rest". I remove parasites and it is amazing how much cure that alone has done. In my experience, they are the main "obstacles to health".

Regarding NAET, I totally advocate that. I am currently learning it cos I'm so darn impressed with the results. The clinic I'm apprenticing with at the moment for this using this German technology of electricity currents in line with the usual allergy removal. Simply brilliant.
Can we start a new thread? Cause I think I love you.

Soooo, in this instance I would say this was a pre-existing circumstance. A baby grown in the body of a yeast infested mama is also going to be subclinically deficient in certain nutrients. No, any intervention isn't going to help, and yes the journey through the vaginal canal is going to be problematic, but the baby is entering the journey with sub par reserves. That's where I'm coming from with this. Yes yeast is an issue, but of note also is the grounds in which he was grown and what reserves he had to begin with.

I understand what you are saying and I don't think supplements are helpful in general. But I think it's essential to establish a baseline and sometimes supplements can really be a huge help in doing so. I tend to prefer food and homeopathy but there are cases in which supplements can expedite the journey and I have no qualms with using them in those instances. Again, we're not talking about $300 a month in bottled synthetics. I am talking one or two well chosen supplements (determined by either physical examination or a hair/urine analysis of the nutrient profile) to tip the scales. I would do this especially if it were clear that nutritional needs were not being met through food alone.

Regardless, great discussion and I'd love to continue. It's always nice to puzzle through things with a like-ish minded person. Funny how much we can expand our views at times.....I'm always willing to do that.
#74 of 319 Old 08-21-2008, 11:19 PM

Totally. I love learning new things. Lead on Mcduff, to any new discussion and I shall faithfully follow.

I'm on supps. Sometimes ya gotta do supps. I don't know how else to pound 25000 IU of vitamin A, yeah? Maybe liver or pate? But that's not suitable at the mo. Plus, I'm on this fabulous calcium from a sea vegetable that is working wonders on my colon (ehem, 'scuse the detail). I'm also on fish oils... yeah supps. Love 'em. I love herbs, too. I'm just finishing my adv dip of Western Herbal Medicine and herbs feel like food to me.

Rambling.... going now....

#75 of 319 Old 08-21-2008, 11:23 PM

Quote:

Soooo, in this instance I would say this was a pre-existing circumstance. A baby grown in the body of a yeast infested mama is also going to be subclinically deficient in certain nutrients. No, any intervention isn't going to help, and yes the journey through the vaginal canal is going to be problematic, but the baby is entering the journey with sub par reserves. That's where I'm coming from with this. Yes yeast is an issue, but of note also is the grounds in which he was grown and what reserves he had to begin with.
I'm just going to pipe in with an "I agree with both of you."

Baby could be grown in body of yeast infected mama, thus sub par reserves.

AND/OR baby could become microbial imbalanced from antibiotics directly, or indirectly.

Mama might NOT be yeast infected and still baby becomes imbalanced by antibiotics given to mama during C-section. Both from lack of mechanical colonization of gut through vaginal birth, AND from systemic dose of antibiotics. Additionally, mama's gut is imbalanced from antibiotics, impacting her nutrient absorption, and breastmilk.

OR, baby gets antibiotics directly after vaginal birth. (No indication of me having yeast/gut issues. Probable mercury in breastmilk, yes...again a "pre-existing handicapped gut", perhaps.)

Baby presenting yeast overgrowth/imbalanced gut may be dependent upon mama's prior yeast/toxin/nutritional status.

However, a sterile gut, with/without mama's balanced microbials could lead to imbalanced baby gut WITH ANTIBIOTICS AT BIRTH...there are multiple ways to get here.

Pat

P.S. I love you both! ::

I have a blog.
#76 of 319 Old 08-22-2008, 12:40 AM

Quote:
http://findarticles.com/p/articles/m..._96416600/pg_5

http://www.cfsn.com/detox.html

The safest strategy we know for mercury detoxification is to rely upon the body's natural glutathione pathway. This strategy is based on chronic use of 3-5 grams of Glutathione Precursor amino acids per day for periods of months. Glutathione's role is detoxification, blunting the toxicity of mercury, and excretion of mercury out of the body. Glutathione excretion of mercury is slower than with chelating agents, but beleived to be much safer providing a person with the other benefits of increased glutathione in the process.

http://notmercury.blogspot.com/2006/...hy-should.html

http://www.cfspages.com/nutrition.html
Yeah, I get the glutathione-mercury connection. My point is that supplementing it directly doesn't get it into cells where it's needed. It gets digested in the gut or leaked into the bloodstream instead. Better to raise glutathione levels using N-acetyl cysteine (NAS), glutamine and glycine. Or at least according to Cutler...
#77 of 319 Old 08-22-2008, 01:25 AM

What would be your prefered method of chelating then?

My kids and I are all very high in copper, then lead then mercury. We did two IV chelations before I knew better and now I have just started DMSA with ALA as per Andy Cutler's protocol. I'm unsure of how to proceed with my kids though. They both have yeast issues and my oldest has problems absorbing nutrients in her gut. This makes me nervous that giving her Andy's protocol could be dangerous since her absorption of the drugs might not be even and safe.

Would you be willing to share your suggestions for my kids and the doses I should give them? They are 33# and 38#.
#78 of 319 Old 08-22-2008, 02:04 AM

i haven't read through all the posts, so this may be duplication but i (mostly) agree with susan weed. the scd diet didn't make sense to me, starving everything, but susan weeds advice did. i ate as many yeasty, bacteria-y things i could and my yeast overgrowth symptoms went away and haven't come back (it's been 2+ years). i agree with her definition of vitamins in general, however i don't think that applies to the standard process vitamins you are taking. they are made of whole foods.

mama to DS born 9/7/05, DD born 8/20/07, DS born 9/4/10 and DS born 11/26/13

Loving our chaotic, crunchy, homeschooling life!
#79 of 319 Old 08-22-2008, 06:11 AM

Quote:
No, i don't think that at all. I think if you correct imbalances and look to stabilize one of the things that will happen is that you will eradicate yeast.

What's going on with her skin? It is eczema or other rashes?
Mostly eczema on her arms, legs and neck, but sometimes funky rashes on her face that look like pimples. Also diaper rash, depending on what is going on with her digestion. We are avoiding a LOT of foods, but she has never been clear. And we are trying to focus on healing rather than pursuing whatever phantom food may still be causing it. That is why I am wondering about the yeast. I am pretty sure that is our issue, but I am really suspecting that we are dealing with metals. I have been diagnosed as having issues with heavy metals (by a hcp we saw a few times when we were visiting my family) with a Quantec machine, which is all the rage with many alternative practitioner in South Africa now. I read up about it but don't understand much. I guess it is also energy medicine. Anyway, although he was mainly working with dd, he didn't find anything indicating metal issues... just yet. It seemed to come up with new stuff every time we went and we had to return home. It seemed to have helped and I wonder if it would have changed a lot of things for us if we continued going.
#80 of 319 Old 08-22-2008, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckmom View Post
Yeah, I get the glutathione-mercury connection. My point is that supplementing it directly doesn't get it into cells where it's needed. It gets digested in the gut or leaked into the bloodstream instead. Better to raise glutathione levels using N-acetyl cysteine (NAS), glutamine and glycine. Or at least according to Cutler...
Oh, sorry. I thought you said that glutathione is CONTRAINDICATED in one with merc. toxicity. IN this case the glutathione is to protect the breastmilk while you are chelating, not to inherently mobilize mercury. I was addressing a specific question, not telling anyone how to chelate.
#81 of 319 Old 08-22-2008, 08:59 AM

Quote:
It's my understanding that supplemental glutathione is contraindicated in mercury toxic people.

Sorry, it's really not my intention to stray OT from candida...
Yes, this is what I was responding to. Glutathione is NOT contraindicated at all, and in nursing mothers is quite helpful.
#82 of 319 Old 08-22-2008, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAmama View Post
Mostly eczema on her arms, legs and neck, but sometimes funky rashes on her face that look like pimples. Also diaper rash, depending on what is going on with her digestion. We are avoiding a LOT of foods, but she has never been clear. And we are trying to focus on healing rather than pursuing whatever phantom food may still be causing it. That is why I am wondering about the yeast. I am pretty sure that is our issue, but I am really suspecting that we are dealing with metals. I have been diagnosed as having issues with heavy metals (by a hcp we saw a few times when we were visiting my family) with a Quantec machine, which is all the rage with many alternative practitioner in South Africa now. I read up about it but don't understand much. I guess it is also energy medicine. Anyway, although he was mainly working with dd, he didn't find anything indicating metal issues... just yet. It seemed to come up with new stuff every time we went and we had to return home. It seemed to have helped and I wonder if it would have changed a lot of things for us if we continued going.
Please don't feel badly. IF you couldn't continue going perhaps it wasn't the right path for now. There are MANY ways to deal with this.

Have you ever though about low HCl? That can cause those bumps you are describing as well as lead to panallergic responses. Many people relate them to food allergies (true) but what's really going on is low hydrochloric acid which can also lead to yeast....it's just further back on the cascade. If you don't have enough HCl then you cannot properly break down food and there is a bigger job to be done in the intestines later on. If bigger pieces pass on to hte intestines it's way more food for the baddies. Something to think about.

Digestive enzymes can also be healing in that a good protease will destroy yeast and other pathogens taken between meals. It will also go to work on any dead tissue in the gut. Taken with meals they assist the digestive processes and break down food lessening the chance of having anything slip through the gut. They can be quite helpful in healing the body and preventing further damage.

If you are nursing you can take them, or depending on the age of your dc give them directly. Now, it's further back in the cascade, but it's still not the beginning. Metals can deplete HCL levels as can structural issues like tongue tie. I don't like isolating things, as I said, but you may want to broaden your search a bit and see if anything I'm saying makes sense or applies to your situation.

Also in a smaller sense you could look at using herbs in potency for drainage. IF there is that much eczema still going on the liver is still being stressed. I love drainage for that, but digestive enzymes would also help clear up the load.
#83 of 319 Old 08-22-2008, 09:27 AM

SO I have a question. I know that vinegar feeds candida but does that include raw apple cider vinegar? because that is fermented right?

Also can we compile a list of good yeasty foods that will help keep the candidia under control? Maybe in another thread???

Medium Sessions, Psychic Readings, Astrology Consultations and Mother Blessings www.magicalmoongarden.com
#84 of 319 Old 08-22-2008, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamapits View Post
SO I have a question. I know that vinegar feeds candida but does that include raw apple cider vinegar? because that is fermented right?
Well, the one thing I can say is that it's the one vinegar allowed on BED, so I'm going to say that it's at least (in honor of the turn this thread has taken) "try-able" to see if it's OK with your own body.

Quote:
Also can we compile a list of good yeasty foods that will help keep the candidia under control? Maybe in another thread???
That would be awesome. I, for one, would love that. Even better if the mods could sticky it!

Joining the love-fest. You all rock!

Stacey teaching teens to read & write... Daddy plays ska, DD1 (7/05) loves trees & princesses, & DD2 (3/10) loves mommy-milk! Please get your kids tested for lead.
#85 of 319 Old 08-22-2008, 02:12 PM - Thread Starter

Until someone starts a thread about foods to eat, I am updating about the way I ate yesterday. For I would like to say, I feel great! It is amazing! For months I have a had the most painful vagina and breasts, and This morning, the symptoms are gone. I ate so sour and moldy all day. I even ate organic grapes without washing them. I also drank lots of nettle tea all day. My sourdough bread was so sour. But I do have one difference in my body, I has a stuffy nose. So does my nursing daughter. I wonder if it is related to my diet change? I am going to continue like this because I am seeing change.
#86 of 319 Old 08-22-2008, 02:21 PM

:

can candida mimic a wheat allergy?

Blissful Mama to DD-(5), DS-(6) and someone new due in November!
#87 of 319 Old 08-22-2008, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebirdmama1 View Post
Until someone starts a thread about foods to eat, I am updating about the way I ate yesterday. For I would like to say, I feel great! It is amazing! For months I have a had the most painful vagina and breasts, and This morning, the symptoms are gone. I ate so sour and moldy all day. I even ate organic grapes without washing them. I also drank lots of nettle tea all day. My sourdough bread was so sour. But I do have one difference in my body, I has a stuffy nose. So does my nursing daughter. I wonder if it is related to my diet change? I am going to continue like this because I am seeing change.

On the same vein of breast pain- was it like thrush?
I have had this. Even after this baby- we both had symptoms. but it did clear up. I like to use it as a personal health marker when I am nursing, since I can readily see any body changes , in my milk supply/production or any problems with yeasts, etc.

I do have what I think is a milk blister, and some angry veins right now. I tried a cabbage poultice this morning, but to no avail. I need relief. it is on a side he nurses from most. Does anyone know if taking gads of probiotic foods may help give immediate relief? Which ones are best? I am sure it can only help, but I am desperate here for something.

Not to derail the thread- I just know that when I have had problems before it is partially yeast related, so I don't want any extra inflammation or problems since the milk is backed up a bit.

Due with number 5 in August. We do all that crunchy stuff.
#88 of 319 Old 08-22-2008, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowmoon View Post
:

can candida mimic a wheat allergy?
It's funny you asked this. I came across this site this morning.

Stacey teaching teens to read & write... Daddy plays ska, DD1 (7/05) loves trees & princesses, & DD2 (3/10) loves mommy-milk! Please get your kids tested for lead.
#89 of 319 Old 08-22-2008, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Oh, sorry. I thought you said that glutathione is CONTRAINDICATED in one with merc. toxicity. IN this case the glutathione is to protect the breastmilk while you are chelating, not to inherently mobilize mercury. I was addressing a specific question, not telling anyone how to chelate.
Quote:
Yes, this is what I was responding to. Glutathione is NOT contraindicated at all, and in nursing mothers is quite helpful.
I'm fine with disagreeing here. Again, I'm relying on Cutler, and I'm comfortable with that. Unless the toxic person knows their plasma cysteine is low, supplemental glutathione is contraindicated.

Glutathione levels are low in toxic individuals because their bodies are in oxidative stress. If they up their antioxidants, they can more efficiently use the glutathione they already have.

It appears to me that at best, supplementing is ineffective, and at worst, can cause more damage. Just not a risk I'd recommend taking.

Don't get me wrong, I love MDC, but this type of forum communication is no substitute for face-to-face discussion and it's frustrating when ambiguity sets in. I have the utmost respect for you, firefaery, so no offense meant at all here.

Sometimes I feel like we need a "THE mercury thread" up in here because the topic rears its ugly head in lots of different places. It's so closely tied to yeast, thyroid, adrenals, etc.

And now, we take you back to our regularly scheduled Susun Weed candida thread...
#90 of 319 Old 08-22-2008, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Sometimes I feel like we need a "THE mercury thread" up in here because the topic rears its ugly head in lots of different places. It's so closely tied to yeast, thyroid, adrenals, etc.
Yes! lets do that!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page