Please comment on Susun Weed letter titled "Candida is a helper. It is keeping you healthy!" - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#121 of 319 Old 08-27-2008, 07:42 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Not to turn the thread all religious, but in the Bible Jesus spit in the mud and put it in a mans eyes... makes me wonder what sort of thing he had that he lost his sight and was cured with some dirt.
That's in John 9:6. I believe.

Due with number 5 in August. We do all that crunchy stuff.
#122 of 319 Old 08-27-2008, 10:54 PM

Quote:
Acidophilus and other probiotics – these should be taken after the permeability issue has been addressed. If you take microbes while the gut is leaking, they will end up in the bloodstream and cause rashes and other issues.
http://www.askshelley.com/faq.php?p=default&cat=38#a25

Just posting bits as I find them.

Hunger is political.  Wherever there is widespread hunger, it is because people with guns are preventing other people from bringing in food.  
#123 of 319 Old 08-27-2008, 11:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calm View Post
So, does this apply to just supplements, or to probiotic cultures as well? That is to say, am I making things worse by drinking kefir & kombucha??

Erin, Catholic mama to three sweet boys: Ambrose (11/06),  Peter (3/08), and Joseph (9/10) and a sweet girl, Charlotte (7/12/12).

Joyfully expecting #5 April 2014!
#124 of 319 Old 08-28-2008, 12:04 AM

I'm just so excited that Susan Weed contacted you directly with her suggestions. I say try it for a couple of weeks and see what happens! You've been suffering long enough, a couple of weeks won't kill you and if it cures - WOW!!

Good luck and I hope you are good as new very soon :-)

Alyssa
Mama to Scott (USAF), Katie (18), Karlie (16), Kimmy (9), Klara (4.5), and Baby Khloe (2.5)
#125 of 319 Old 08-28-2008, 12:20 PM

I would so love more info on drinking dirt too!

Kombucha made me worse too. I am currently on the candida healing program on www.healingnaturallybybee.com along with that I had some neurotransmitter testing done and am WAY off where I should be www.neuroscienceinc.com so I add they reccomended supplements to my regime. I also figured out I have a biotin deficenticeny and have added large doses. AND I just got back hormone results and I am borderline on estrogen, testorone but severly low on prosterone and was told to start on 20 mg a day of natural progterone but have not found one yet that I like the base cream off.

I am a double gene celiac. I am bf a 22 month who I think I have beat his yeast using the first program I mentioned.

I have severe constipation which my pa reccomended 4000mg of omega3 in one dose first thing in the morning. I can get things going with LOTS of magnesium and vit c but then I hit the other end of the spectrum, diaherrea.

So if drinking dirt would help I would go buy it today! Besides someone had said early do what you are drawn to and everytime I think of drinking dirt my mouth waters(scary and weird). My only thoughts are aren't some prepackaged dirt sterilized? and what about parasites? I need to go google this drinking dirt thing.

I have also read on curezone.com about using the stool of a new baby to colonized the intestine but where do you find a baby who has healthy flora when the estimates are 70-%80 of all people have yeast?

Kara
#126 of 319 Old 08-28-2008, 12:23 PM

PS I also have low adernal function, symptoms of chronic fatique and Fybromyglia(sp?)
#127 of 319 Old 08-28-2008, 12:35 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by alwaystazfan View Post
AND I just got back hormone results and I am borderline on estrogen, testorone but severly low on prosterone and was told to start on 20 mg a day of natural progterone but have not found one yet that I like the base cream off.
I quoted you to say that adrenal support would probably benefit you & then I saw your next post:

Quote:
PS I also have low adernal function, symptoms of chronic fatique and Fybromyglia(sp?)
Supporting the adrenals will help to even out your sex hormones. Here's the deal: your body needs fat & cholesterol. Your body converts cholesterol directly into pregnenolone which is the king/queen of hormones at the top of the hormonal cascade. Pregnenolone is then converted into sex hormones like estrogen, testosterone, progesterone, etc. & adrenal hormones like cortisol & DHEA.
My ND who specializes in adrenal fatigue put me on a raw glandular adrenal support supplement as well as bioidentical pregnenolone. Women should take pregnenolone rather than DHEA because the latter can cause masculanizing side effects.
The body can most often direct the pregnenolone where it's needed - convert it into cortisol for the adrenals if that's the priority or boost estrogen is that's more important - if you directly supplement progesterone, it may not be your body's priority, kwim?

There's a huuuuuuge adrenal thread in H&H here.

My ND believes that CFS/Fibro is a double-sided coin caused by adrenal fatigue. One of my symptoms that still persists is muscle pain, but the dread-horror anxiety that I've suffered with since I was a kid just up & disappeared after about 10 months of adrenal support.

Homeschoolin' Mama chicken3.gifto Dd1 2/3/00, Dd2 1/13/03, Ds1 3/11/06 & Ds2 11/18/10!!
#128 of 319 Old 08-28-2008, 12:59 PM

I eat a high fat high protein diet so I get lots of cholestrol.

Where do you get the bioidentical pregnenolone? and how much would I take if she is reccomending 20mg daily of bioidentical progestrone? I fully understand what you mean about the bodies prorioty!

I have friend who noticed that whe I consume large quanities of liver pate I do better so I am ordering some for sept from the local amish deliver.

Alot of my aniexty disappeared when I went gluten free then some more with killing yeast but I still struggle with social aniexty quite a bit so it would be nice for that to disappear too.

DS is calling for me more later

Thanks
Kara
#129 of 319 Old 08-28-2008, 02:08 PM - Thread Starter

So I ate tons of fresh fruit (with the skins on) from the farmers market yesterday, and today the yeast symptoms are almost gone. I did take some colloidal silver too. So confusing, so confusing.
#130 of 319 Old 08-28-2008, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WuWei
Curious, washed or unwashed?

I still worry about ecoli from public sources. But I quit washing produce from our own garden.

Did anyone determine the parasite risks to eating dirt yet?

And do they do toxin level testing for lead, etc for Primal Defense? Is that the only commercial source of supplemental dirt?

My husband vetoed dirt capsules. For himself.

Pat

ETA: Well, I'm doing a bit of research on the Primal Defense option. Basically, it is only 12 micro-organisms, only common probiotics are listed. The theory is that we have denatured our soil and sterilized our food, and contaminated it with herbicides, pesticides and antibiotics. So they use unpolluted soil and plant material in a lab. Couldn't find any reports about toxin testing though.
http://www.tuberose.com/Probiotics.html
http://www.crohns.net/Miva/education..._PrimDef.shtml

Another adjunct they recommend is large amounts of water. So, that may be a variable in a healthier gut, also.

Apparently, Primal Defense has wheat grasses and chlorella in it. Chlorella is contraindicated with mercury issues, I've read.

Additionally, BioKult seems a similar product without the grasses or chlorella. http://www.nutrivene.com/view_item.php?ProductID=226&

I've read that Consumer Reports did a study on live active cultures of probiotics in yogurts and the Primal Defense yogurt had some of the lowest viable cultures still present. This is an old study, however.

I think I'll just go to an unpolluted National Park and collect some soil. I can't imagine that a "capsule" worth of unpolluted soil consumed on a periodic basis will do harm. Considering we evolved consuming some quantities of dirt.

Pat

I have a blog.
#131 of 319 Old 08-28-2008, 03:24 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by WuWei View Post
Curious, washed or unwashed?

I still worry about ecoli from public sources. But I quit washing produce from our own garden.

Did anyone determine the parasite risks to eating dirt yet?

And do they do toxin level testing for lead, etc for Primal Defense? Is that the only commercial source of supplemental dirt?

My husband vetoed dirt capsules. For himself.

Pat
I did not wash the produce. It was organic and also since it was local and I know the farmers, I am not worried about washing it.
#132 of 319 Old 08-28-2008, 09:30 PM

Until I figure out the dirt issue I have started to try -Graphic info coming be prepared- Saurkraut juice enemas. I did a smal retention one last nite and today I added about 1.5 cups to a full enema. of course you strain it first and do not add to really hot water becuase that'll kill it.

Well today I have more energy and I was able to nap for over 2 hours(naps are really hard for me to gets because my brain does not calm down) when I woke my abdomen felt all warm and very mild discomfort but I felt like it was healing!! So instead of using regular water enemas that can strip the system I am going to keep using the fermented cabbage juice. I need to get some more cabbage and make this recipe to use so I do not over due on salt:
http://www.healingnaturallybybee.com/articles/pre1.php

And just a thought....
We get lots of minerlas from wet course sea salt. Could that be the dirt?
#133 of 319 Old 08-28-2008, 09:53 PM

Good on you for the enemas. I have heard good things about probiotic enemas, which would be in the rhelm of sauerkraut ones. Keep me posted on that.

Hunger is political.  Wherever there is widespread hunger, it is because people with guns are preventing other people from bringing in food.  
#134 of 319 Old 08-29-2008, 12:41 AM

Calm, I was wondering how long you took the Nystatin for. I have one bottle of drops for dd, but nothing for myself and I think I need to work with both of us, not just her. I am actually thinking that I need to get rid of it in myself while I am working on getting her liver in better condition. That way I don't overwhelm her with my die-off the same time as dealing with her own.

Also, why Nystatin and not fluconazole? We cannot find Nystatin here, but can find fluconazole. I know it is absorbed in the blood more and is supposed to deal with systemic issues, so maybe because it will get in my milk? But what about it for dd? I will do more research about it, but wondered if anybody knows something about it. If fluconazole isn't good, then I will just wait until we can get some Nystatin brought in.

Anyway, just wondering about this.
#135 of 319 Old 08-29-2008, 04:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAmama View Post
Calm, I was wondering how long you took the Nystatin for. I have one bottle of drops for dd, but nothing for myself and I think I need to work with both of us, not just her. I am actually thinking that I need to get rid of it in myself while I am working on getting her liver in better condition. That way I don't overwhelm her with my die-off the same time as dealing with her own.

Also, why Nystatin and not fluconazole? We cannot find Nystatin here, but can find fluconazole. I know it is absorbed in the blood more and is supposed to deal with systemic issues, so maybe because it will get in my milk? But what about it for dd? I will do more research about it, but wondered if anybody knows something about it. If fluconazole isn't good, then I will just wait until we can get some Nystatin brought in.

Anyway, just wondering about this.
I took it for over a fortnight and the only reason I stopped was because I was doing elimination diets for DS and then we did NAET allergy treatments. I am going back on it soon, when all other treatments are finished. DS was on it for less than a week, but the difference in just that amount of time was quite noticeable. I am REALLY angry that I can't get pure nystatin here (Aust) only the capsules (full of crap) and drops for kids (full of crap including colors and SUGAR! Ridiculous). I have called my chemist and she said to go to a compounding chemist to see if they have the pure stuff, so that's my next move. Otherwise I'm buying it from Canada. I can take the capsules but I'm not keen on DS on those horrible drops.

Fluc. has side effects and also affects certain enzymes functioning as yes, unfortunately it is absorbed. The reason nystatin is the naturopathic choice, even though it is not "natural" is because it isn't absorbed. It is true that it only will treat the digestive tract, BUT, you need to treat that anyway, and then the immune system will have half a chance of fighting it off elsewhere. And the secret to the skin war is that the fight in the gut is what causes the fight elsewhere. Balance the gut and the wars elsewhere cease or slow down.

Systemic candida is what AIDS and cancer patients often die of.

So much for "candida is keeping you healthy".

Systemic candida can be fought off in most of us without such compromised immunity, as soon as the gut is rid of the toxic load of yeast.

The secret to successful use, aside from the use of an antifungal diet, is to take the nystatin and probiotics at the same time.

(ALWAYS take nystatin at the same time as antibiotics!)

I started treating DS with probiotics as I knew they are the key to him regaining health, but nothing happened. And this is a common reaction - disappointment with probiotics as we wonder what the rave is all about.

Then I did the nystatin, again, to no avail. What happened there was a miracle, literally overnight. The third day of his trial dosage and I gave him a half a ml of the drops. He screamed for five hours straight about three hours later. He had terrible tummy discomfort. I felt terrible, and didn't do that again, BUT, the next day...His skin cleared, he was laughing and happy, he slept well, he was a new little man.

But I couldn't deal with that die off, I just couldn't do it to him. But I made a stupid error, I didn't give him probiotics. I just killed the yeast. And within a day or two, all the bowel wall was taken up by yeast again, and his skin broke apart again, and the yeast war was again raging on his scalp.

So the lesson in that is what I have since learned in literature and research: probiotics are all but worthless if there is no space on the bowel wall. Nystatin is effective, but yeast will grow back into those spaces if you don't fill them in with good bacteria. So the KEY is to:

take nystatin WHILE taking probiotics.

So the yeast die, and in their place go good guys. Following? The other ways just waste time.

#136 of 319 Old 08-29-2008, 09:35 AM

Agreed, when I use Nystatin (or when we use it) I order from Canada or the UK and get powder. You then use the powder to custom create your own suspension thus avoiding all the additives and creating a more pure product.

Again, I don't use it frequently, but this is the only way I advocate it's usage. IMO it's a way better bet.
#137 of 319 Old 08-29-2008, 09:36 AM

But if you have a leaky gut couldn't the nystatin then get through?

I ask because if I take 1/2 teaspoon first thing in the morning then I can bare it but if I do even smaller doses throughout the day then I feel awful. I felt like it was getting through to my liver some how. I was not taking probiocs at the same time though. Does that help with the die off reaction and do you literally take it with the nystatin are wait a few hours inbetween?

Update:***Graphic***
I added a magnesium flush last nite on top of the saurkraut juice enema. I saw some black things shaped like a C floating in the toliet. I do not remember eating anything that shape or color. Would this have been parasites? If so any idea which one? I had been dxed with lyme about 6 yrs ago and am wonder if this could be a left behind co-infection. I have read about vit c and salt treatment for co-infections. So maybe between the acidic nature of the saurkraut, the salt, and the probiotic value I knocked the hell out of them!? Either way I am feeling SO much better without die off! That I am going to do small dose of retained saurekraut juice everyday and then on the 3-4 day(inc the mag flush and increased vit c). I will do a regular one with watered down juice like I did yesterday. I think I will keep this regime for about 2 wks and see how I do. Which means I need to go buy more cabbage today and order more salt too. Gotta go.
#138 of 319 Old 08-29-2008, 12:37 PM

I just found this and I thought I'd share:

Hookworm larvae penetrate the skin. When hookworms reach adulthood, they can sap the victim's strength, vitality and overall well-being. Young worms use their teeth to burrow through the intestinal wall and feed on your blood. Symptoms from hookworm are iron deficiency, abdominal pain, loss of appetite, craving to eat soil, protein deficiency, dry skin and hair, skin irritations, edema, distended abdomen, stunted growth, delayed puberty, mental dullness, cardiac failure and death. (1/2 inch long)

I thought the eat dirt part was very interesting. But this was not what I saw in the bowl.
#139 of 319 Old 08-29-2008, 01:05 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 87 Post(s)
Quote:
I just found this and I thought I'd share:

Hookworm larvae penetrate the skin. When hookworms reach adulthood, they can sap the victim's strength, vitality and overall well-being. Young worms use their teeth to burrow through the intestinal wall and feed on your blood. Symptoms from hookworm are iron deficiency, abdominal pain, loss of appetite, craving to eat soil, protein deficiency, dry skin and hair, skin irritations, edema, distended abdomen, stunted growth, delayed puberty, mental dullness, cardiac failure and death. (1/2 inch long)

I thought the eat dirt part was very interesting. But this was not what I saw in the bowl.
Hmmm.... that's a lot of fear-mongering, but fear sells ozone machines -- I have nothing against ozone machines we (well DH) has had them for many years. To have those kinds of [healing] symptoms you have to have a "toxic" body. Parasites have a purpose and that purpose is to digest and dispose of diseased cells to assist our bodies to return to a state of optimal health and balance. Parasites don't bother healthy bodies.

Rainbow.giftstillheart.gifsmile.gif

"If you find from your own experience that something is a fact and it contradicts what some authority has written down, then you must abandon the authority and base your reasoning on your own findings"~ Leonardo da Vinci

#140 of 319 Old 08-29-2008, 01:21 PM

She may have some good points, but this part is ridiculous:

Quote:
Calcium makes brittle bones. Instead drink nourishing herbal infusions and eat yogurt.
A cup of nettle infusion has 500mg calcium. A cup of yogurt has 450mg of calcium.
There are no vitamins in pills. Vitamins are enzymes produced by living tissues. All pills contain laboratory make synthetics and cause disease. Those who take as little as 500mg of vitamin C a day for a year create blood vessels that look twice their age. Throw away your Catalyn.
Calcium makes brittle bones, but you're supposed to drink nettle infusion because it's full of calcium? That doesn't even make sense! It's one thing to say that getting nutrients from food is better than getting them from pills - but saying pills are worse than nothing is just plain false.
#141 of 319 Old 08-29-2008, 02:28 PM

Whoo! Just got through this thread. Very interesting stuff! WOW..
Anyway, can anyone reccomend any books on this subject. I would love to learn more! Thanks!
#142 of 319 Old 08-29-2008, 04:10 PM

Quote:
I need to get some more cabbage and make this recipe to use so I do not over due on salt:
Caution with potential electrolyte balance. Sodium and potassium are both positive ions and you can loose a lot of potassium with diarrhea, leading to cardiac irregularities, and ph imbalances with altered osmolarity of the gut. I'd go easy! Find some professional guidance for dosing, recipe, frequency.

Pat

I have a blog.
#143 of 319 Old 08-29-2008, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pookel View Post
Calcium makes brittle bones, but you're supposed to drink nettle infusion because it's full of calcium? That doesn't even make sense! It's one thing to say that getting nutrients from food is better than getting them from pills - but saying pills are worse than nothing is just plain false.
The manner in which it is stated is unclear. However, calcium supplementation alone, without magnesium in balance, leads to brittle bones.

Magnesium is needed for calcium absorption. Without enough magnesium, calcium can collect in the soft tissues and cause one type of arthritis. Not only does calcium collect in the soft tissues of arthritics, it is poorly, if at all, absorbed into their blood and bones. But taking more calcium is not the answer; it only amplifies the problem. In fact, excessive calcium intake and insufficient magnesium can contribute to both of these diseases. Magnesium taken in proper dosages can solve the problem of calcium deficiency.

When calcium is elevated in the blood it stimulates the secretion of a hormone called calcitonin and suppresses the secretion of the parathyroid hormone (PTH). These hormones regulate the levels of calcium in our bones and soft tissues and are, therefore, directly related to both osteoporosis and arthritis. PTH draws calcium out of the bones and deposits it in the soft tissues, while calcitonin increases calcium in our bones and keeps it from being absorbed in our soft tissues. Sufficient amounts of magnesium determine this delicate and important balance.

Because magnesium suppresses PTH and stimulates calcitonin it helps put calcium into our bones, preventing osteoporosis, and helps remove it from our soft tissues eliminating some forms of arthritis.
http://www.mgwater.com/calmagab.shtml
http://www.beyondveg.com/cordain-l/p...-loss-1a.shtml
http://bone-muscle.health-cares.net/...-magnesium.php
http://www.vitalnutrients.net/hq_han...cium/Magnesium

Nettle tea has magnesium and calcium in balance.
http://findarticles.com/p/articles/m...ay/ai_73959325
http://www.herbsarespecial.com.au/fr...on/nettle.html
http://kitchentablemedicine.com/stin...w-best-friend/
http://www.evenkeel.co.nz/index.php?...d&productId=12

HTH, Pat

I have a blog.
#144 of 319 Old 08-29-2008, 05:33 PM

:
#145 of 319 Old 08-29-2008, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WuWei View Post
Caution with potential electrolyte balance. Sodium and potassium are both positive ions and you can loose a lot of potassium with diarrhea, leading to cardiac irregularities, and ph imbalances with altered osmolarity of the gut. I'd go easy! Find some professional guidance for dosing, recipe, frequency.

Pat
Yah that is why I am going to making cabbage rejlac from www.healingnaturallybybee.com it does not require salt once I can get more cabbage on tues until then I will make due with what I have. I also have Morton no slat in the house which is almost pure potassium incase I feel off(which has happened before) I can take some of that.

I am not even sure if there is anyone out there that has the knowledge to guide my about saurkraut enemas lol but on the other hand I am someone who requires LOTS of salt due to adrenal fatigue anyway. The sea salt may give me an overdose of trace minerals so I am going to look for salt with out trace minerals.

Thanks
#146 of 319 Old 08-29-2008, 07:52 PM

Quote:
But if you have a leaky gut couldn't the nystatin then get through?
darn good question. I haven't heard of it in the bloodstream, so if it gets through, it is in the same way as everything else does when you have leaky gut. Benign foods cause harm with leaky gut. Proteins get through causing allergy, yeasts get through causing autoimmunity, etc. I think the benefit outweighs the risk. But I will research this at some stage.

Quote:
I ask because if I take 1/2 teaspoon first thing in the morning then I can bare it but if I do even smaller doses throughout the day then I feel awful. I felt like it was getting through to my liver some how. I was not taking probiocs at the same time though. Does that help with the die off reaction and do you literally take it with the nystatin are wait a few hours inbetween?
Celebrate your awfulness! That's die off. Does it feel like a hangover with diarrhea, throbbing behind the eyes, blurry vision, crankiness, sleepiness, tired-but-wired, sugar cravings... etc? Die off. It is burdening your liver, but no more than the chronic living yeast (which also die often anyway) in the gut were doing to your liver. Probiotics won't really help much with die off, but activated charcoal will.

Quote:
Put a heaped teaspoon of charcoal powder in a glass of water and stir well. Drink through a straw of down the hatch. Brush teeth as charcoal is black and gritty.

Charcoal is wonderful for gas and bloating as it binds the fermentation and toxins.

Charcoal can constipate some people.

What is activated charcoal powder?

Charcoal is a fine, soft, black; dust like powder with no odor or smell. It’s bland tasting and it is insoluble in water or alcohol. It’s that simple.
It is a non-toxic product that can be taken internally or applied topically. The beauty of charcoal is – it’s a harmless substance when ingested, inhaled or applied to the skin. It can be adapted for personal, health and household use. It helps to eliminate toxins and many poisons from the body.

How does activated charcoal work?

Charcoal influences the body by using the process of adsorption. ADSORB is an important word here. Adsorption is a process in which atoms and molecules move from a bulk phase (such as a solid, liquid, or gas) onto a solid or liquid surface. Too technical for you?

A simple way to describe the process of adsorption is the way water passes into a sponge. It pulls the water to it and retains it until squeezed out. In the case of charcoal we have a sort of ‘live electrical sponge,’ where it adsorbs living and nonliving substances which has the opposite electrical charge. So, when a material adsorbs something - it attaches to itself - by chemical attraction.
candidayeastthrush

Other things for die off:
Quote:
To help with die-off reactions, you can:

* give more proteases (something like Purify, Repair, Peptizyde, Peptidase Complete, Vitalzym, ViraStop, Wobenzyme, etc. between meals...like 3-4 capsules every 3-4 hours)
* give more vitamin C or other antioxidant to help with general detox
* Epsom salts baths help with calming and detox
see Epsom salts
* lots of pure water to help flush the gunk out
* rest, rest, sleep, rest
* Activated Charcoal which helps absorb toxins
see Activated Charcoal
enzymestuff.com

Quote:
Update:***Graphic***
I added a magnesium flush last nite on top of the saurkraut juice enema. I saw some black things shaped like a C floating in the toliet. I do not remember eating anything that shape or color. Would this have been parasites? If so any idea which one? I had been dxed with lyme about 6 yrs ago and am wonder if this could be a left behind co-infection. I have read about vit c and salt treatment for co-infections. So maybe between the acidic nature of the saurkraut, the salt, and the probiotic value I knocked the hell out of them!? Either way I am feeling SO much better without die off! That I am going to do small dose of retained saurekraut juice everyday and then on the 3-4 day(inc the mag flush and increased vit c). I will do a regular one with watered down juice like I did yesterday. I think I will keep this regime for about 2 wks and see how I do. Which means I need to go buy more cabbage today and order more salt too. Gotta go.
It could be parasites. Some only take a water enema to dislodge. And like candida, they ain't keeping you healthy, hence why they are called parasites - they are using your body as a host and you get nothing in return. Some yeasts feed off dead waste, so at least you get something in return. Malaria, for instance, will just give you Bali Belly in return. Giardia will just give you hell for a year. Tapeworm will mimic IBS and suck all your nutrients away so you are a skinny nutrient lacking shell. I don't consider parasites a win-win relationship. At. All.

If you thought I was ravy and passionate about yeast, you should see me get on my parasite bandwagon! I was totally in love with them a couple of years ago. And I can assure you, they cause more ill health in our modern culture than we know at this stage. In other cultures and in eras gone by, peoples used to parasite cleanse regularly. We don't do anything like that in our ultra-convenience clime. The closest we get to the Aussie Coories and Native Americans in this regard is to give a chemical "worming" pill to our kids if their nappies get full of noodles. : So we're totally swarming in parasites. For many of us, they don't do much damage, they just make sure we are never quite in perfect health. But for many of us, they are killing us softly.

BTW Do take probiotics though, fill those spaces the dead yeast leave behind. That's your best hope at getting rid of the problem for good.

Trivia for 500 Alex...
Natural remedies for one parasite often treat the lot of them. Hence, grapefruit seed will kill not only yeast, but bad bacteria, protozoa (one-celled parasites), viruses, and so on. The reason is based in polarity in many cases.

We are all highly charged, electrical machinery. We can make globes light with just our body current with the right circuitry attached to our hands (just for those new to the concept). Our elements are positively and negatively charged. So are the elements in our parasites/yeasts/etc. The "good" guys run on the same polarity as us (-ve), hence why those "zappers" only kill bad guys when the current is passed through our bodies. With this in the arsenal, herbs, etc often target the +vely charged parasites.

Another way good guys are distinguished from bad is whether they are aerobic (run on oxygen) or anaerobic (don't run on oxygen). Hence why oxygen therapy works - if you add an oxygen atom to an anaerobic microbe - ZAP! Peroxide used in medicine or in households runs on this science - it is water with an extra oxygen molecule (H2O2), and this extra oxygen molecule is taken up by the microorganism that doesn't like oxygen and dies. The body produces its own hydrogen peroxide as part of the immune system, as it has the intelligence to know that this will keep good guys livin' and bad guys dyin'. In the right purity and potency, ingesting peroxide is a brilliant health remedy, but do seek pro advice on that as many mistakes are made and it is also rocket fuel in the right potency!

These are just two ways in which science has learned how nature sifts the good from the bad. There are countless other ways, most of which we have no inkling of as yet.

Another thing to remember when deciding for yourself if something is "friendly" or "foe-ly" is if is comfortable in your body AS IT IS, without changing it in a negative way. For example, yeast. Yeast in the gut are not comfortable as they like it to be ALKALINE, and when given half a chance, they will change it to alkaline - this messes your digestion something awful. This is not beneficial to you or the "friendly" microorganisms, but IS beneficial to yeast. See what I'm getting at? This is another way nature fights the bad guys, is creating and maintaining an inhospitable environment.

I say all this because I've been asked how good and bad are distinguished privately and I thought it was something more than one was wondering about.

#147 of 319 Old 08-29-2008, 08:06 PM

I thought this was a good read:

Moldsurvivor.com

#148 of 319 Old 08-29-2008, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Yah that is why I am going to making cabbage rejlac from www.healingnaturallybybee.com it does not require salt once I can get more cabbage on tues until then I will make due with what I have. I also have Morton no slat in the house which is almost pure potassium incase I feel off(which has happened before) I can take some of that.

I am not even sure if there is anyone out there that has the knowledge to guide my about saurkraut enemas lol but on the other hand I am someone who requires LOTS of salt due to adrenal fatigue anyway. The sea salt may give me an overdose of trace minerals so I am going to look for salt with out trace minerals.
I don't know the proper salt/water ratio, but I wouldn't do NO sodium either. Remember that recipe from Dionne for dehydration? Maybe that could be a guide. And careful with potassium. Girl, you are scaring me. Electrolyte imbalances are very serious and there is a delicate balance, especially going from the other end of the gastric system. You don't have the "checks and balances" built in. The gut is so absorptive.

I wouldn't be too worried about trace minerals in sea salt though. We evolved from the sea.

Pat

I have a blog.
#149 of 319 Old 08-29-2008, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calm View Post

Celebrate your awfulness! That's die off. Does it feel like a hangover with diarrhea, throbbing behind the eyes, blurry vision, crankiness, sleepiness, tired-but-wired, sugar cravings... etc? Die off. It is burdening your liver, but no more than the chronic living yeast (which also die often anyway) in the gut were doing to your liver. Probiotics won't really help much with die off, but activated charcoal will.
It is just all over awful but no diarrhea(that would actually be welcome some lol) the biggest thing is trying to care for a 2 yr old while feeling like that. Thanks for the die off suggestions. I still have refills left so I think I'll go get another bottle next week.

As far as parasites I agree with you they zap you. The hardest thing is getting rid of them while nursing and then getting them out of my son. Any suggestions.

[QUOTE=Calm;12065518
BTW Do take probiotics though, fill those spaces the dead yeast leave behind. That's your best hope at getting rid of the problem for good..[/QUOTE]

I am trying to get better at remembering to take them beyond the saurkraut juice. The actual cabbage hurts my stomach as does any veggie right nwo so I try to stick to fat and meat. I am upping my acid and enzme intake to help.

I am really enjoying this thread and learning alot.

I do believe in energy modalities! and have found a naet practioner near by that I am going to check out too.

Thanks
Kara
#150 of 319 Old 08-29-2008, 09:18 PM

Ok, high doses of activated charcoal can bind with and eliminate healthful substances, such as vitamins, hormones, medications, and nutrients.
http://www.bodyandfitness.com/Inform...h/charcoal.htm

Grapefruit seed extract:
it is concluded that the potent as well as nearly universal antimicrobial activity being attributed to grapefruit seed extract is merely due to the synthetic preservative agents contained within. Natural products with antimicrobial activity do not appear to be present.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1...?dopt=Abstract

H2O2 Ingestion: Hydrogen peroxide was once used for cleaning wounds but research has shown it is too harsh for wound care. It kills healthy tissue, is cytotoxic, and actually delays wound healing. http://www.emedmag.com/html/pre/err/0804.asp

Surgeons using hydrogen peroxide to clean deep surgical wounds have accidentally triggered gas bubbles in the bloodstream (known as a gas embolism), a potentially deadly condition.
http://firstaid.about.com/od/firstai...ess_wounds.htm

The release of hydrogen peroxide in our bodies not only kills bacterial cells, but kills our body's cells too.
http://www.madsci.org/posts/archives...2940.Me.r.html

I can go with 2000 year old probiotics/kefir. I can't quite get to intentional ingestion of caustic substances. Or substances which neutralize nutrients, YMMV.

Pat

I have a blog.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page