Raw Milk Questions - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-04-2008, 10:24 PM - Thread Starter
 
kkar's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 658
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My family is considering a switch to raw milk. I was wondering if anyone could help with a few questions:

1. The reason we're doing this is because on of my dd's has severe asthma and I've heard that drinking raw milk can help - does anyone have any experience with this specific issue? If so, how long after drinking raw milk did you notice any difference?

2. It is illegal to sell directly from a farm in my state, and my two raw milk choices come in the form of co-ops from a near-by state. Both of these co-ops don't work with just one farm, but rather multiple farms so checking out cleanliness probably isn't an option. Would you all still do it? (I know people who buy from both co-ops and rave about the quality.)

3. Ok, we're scared chickens. I admit it. Germa-phobes, even though we try our darndest not to be. And really, we've made huge strides, but this raw milk think kind of freaks us out. Rest our fears. Please. How long have you been drinking it? Has anyone ever personally gotten sick from their milk?

4. And finally, I think I remember hearing that when you start, to expect some intestinal distress until your body gets used to the milk. Am I making this up, or is this true?

Thanks so much to anyone who answers! Feel free to throw anything else in there if I didn't think to ask it.

-kkar
kkar is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 10-04-2008, 10:53 PM
 
inkedmamajama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: St. Louis, MO
Posts: 1,295
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
when we started raw milk we had no adjustment issues. it was great!

Heavily tattooed and Dready Mama to my girls. YES we are STILL NURSING! love to and
inkedmamajama is offline  
Old 10-04-2008, 11:12 PM
 
cicada's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 123
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My family is considering a switch to raw milk. I was wondering if anyone could help with a few questions:


Congratulations on a healthy new beginning!


1. The reason we're doing this is because on of my dd's has severe asthma and I've heard that drinking raw milk can help - does anyone have any experience with this specific issue? If so, how long after drinking raw milk did you notice any difference?


I don't have experience with asthma (raw local honey supposedly works for some people), but I do have personal experience with raw milk curing my lactose-intolerance. I can actually eat pasteurized milk products I could never eat before after having drunk raw milk for a few months and when our cow was pregnant and I wasn't drinking raw milk, my lactose-intolerance symptoms returned. Now that she's back in milk, they're cured again!


2. It is illegal to sell directly from a farm in my state, and my two raw milk choices come in the form of co-ops from a near-by state. Both of these co-ops don't work with just one farm, but rather multiple farms so checking out cleanliness probably isn't an option. Would you all still do it? (I know people who buy from both co-ops and rave about the quality.)


I once bought raw milk from a farm that had a bunch of cows and kept their milk in a big vat which they then sold to the big milk companies. The quality of milk was not as good and it went bad more quickly than the milk I've gotten directly from the cow or the person who milked the cow. But I don't have any experience with co-ops. If possible I would definitely find a person to buy directly from. here's a list of local raw milk producers and i would definitely try to get a cow share. they are legal in any state.


3. Ok, we're scared chickens. I admit it. Germa-phobes, even though we try our darndest not to be. And really, we've made huge strides, but this raw milk think kind of freaks us out. Rest our fears. Please. How long have you been drinking it? Has anyone ever personally gotten sick from their milk?


I've been drinking raw milk for almost five years. I drank it when I was pregnant, my son has drunk it since he was 18 months old, and I know lots of Amish families who have drunk it their whole lives. But your fears are a reason to try to find a local producer with just a few cows. TB and Brucellosis are much more likely to be present in mistreated cows, kept in close quarters, large herds, etc. But if you find a co-op you trust, I would just ask for proof that their herds have been tested and are certified free of TB/ Brucellosis.


4. And finally, I think I remember hearing that when you start, to expect some intestinal distress until your body gets used to the milk. Am I making this up, or is this true?


I've not known this to be true in anyone that I know that drinks raw milk. Be sure to sterilize containers (glass half gallon mason jars work best for us) and always always keep it refrigerated (unless you're making cheese, yogurt, ect.) and I wouldn't expect any intestinal weirdness.

Thanks so much to anyone who answers! Feel free to throw anything else in there if I didn't think to ask it.

Just go to The Real Milk Campaign's website, though. They have a lot of answers.
cicada is offline  
Old 10-04-2008, 11:34 PM
 
mamadelbosque's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Ohio, USA
Posts: 6,810
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I don't know where exactly you are, but many states where raw milk is "illega" you can buy it via a cow/herd share. I *just* got one and am on my first gallon of 'raw milk' right now. It tastes just the same as pasturized, IMO. Obviously I don't have a lot of long-term experience, but I'd definetly check into a cow/herd share in your state!
mamadelbosque is offline  
Old 10-05-2008, 02:42 AM
 
shepdawgz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 21
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
We have been drinking raw milk for about a month now. I'm so happy we made the switch! Just to address the adjustment issue, it seems that it depends on the person. My youngest (22 months) did have diarrhea for the first week. He had no fever, no other symptoms, and none of the rest of us were having issues. Just to reassure myself, I checked on here and with my WAPF local person, who reiterated that it was all the good bacteria and enzymes that were populating his gut, which I totally thought was the case. He was fine after that. It actually confirmed to me that we really need this milk!

Enjoy!
shepdawgz is offline  
Old 10-05-2008, 10:56 AM
 
mbravebird's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Virginia
Posts: 1,996
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kkar View Post
4. And finally, I think I remember hearing that when you start, to expect some intestinal distress until your body gets used to the milk. Am I making this up, or is this true?
I had intestinal distress for the first two days of drinking it. No one else in my family did, though, so it was obviously a personal adjustment/gut bacteria thing.

Regarding the germaphobe issue, remember that the enzymes and bacteria in the milk itself can kick the butt of most of the germs you're worried about. Have you read the studies they did where they actually injected TB, e. coli, etc into raw milk, and the beneficial bacteria in most cases got rid of the offending bacteria. The one that was sort of harder for the milk to kick butt on was listeria, but it still had a high success rate reducing that, too. You're drinking raw milk because you're a germaphobe, not in spite of that. Pasteurized milk has no ability to overcome those germs, which are also more present in pasteurized milk, because of the way they keep their cows in commercial dairies.

In California, where raw milk is legal, pasteurized milk is allowed by law to have more bacteria in the final product than raw -- 5,000 units per ml more. That's why more people get sick from pasteurized products. Because the bacteria is out there, even after pasteurization, but the pasteurized milk just can't fight it.

And have you read the anecdote about the prison in the forties that served raw milk to their inmates? Because they were inmates, they didn't fuss over the milk , and it had flies in it, etc. Over the course of ten years, no one got sick. Now, your farmers are going to be much more careful with your milk than they were in that prison. Of course contamination can happen, but it's much less likely to affect you with raw milk than with pasteurized.

Here's a tidbit about asthma:
Quote:
So, what to make of Jansen's vanishing eczema or Dalrymple's complete recovery from his asthma? Ditto the New Jersey man whose four grandchildren no longer need their inhalers? A compelling new study, published in the June 2006 issue of the Journal of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology, seems to lend support to what these three already know to be true. Researchers at the University of London analyzed the diet of 4,700 children in Shropshire and found that those who lived on farms and drank raw milk had significantly fewer symptoms of asthma, hay fever and eczema. Children who drank raw milk were 40 percent less likely to develop eczema and 10 percent less likely to get hay fever than their non-raw-milk-drinking peers. Blood samples showed that they had 60 percent lower levels of immunoglobulin E, an antibody released by the immune system when it's confronted by allergens. (IgE, in turn, causes cells to release histamines, which is what causes an allergic reaction.) In their conclusion, study authors Michael Perkins and David Strachan surmised that the lactobacilli found in raw milk protect against eczema. They also stated, "Unpasteurized milk is known to be rich in a variety of gram-negative species and their lipopolysaccharides, and it is plausible that a persistent exposure to a diverse milieu of bacteria from an early age is likely to have an effect on the developing immune system."
Sushi and eggs and any raw meat have all the same issues as raw milk in terms of possible contamination -- but they're not outlawed, right? The outlawing of raw milk has a lot to do with politics and business issues. Keep that in mind when you get nervous, and remember that you don't freak out about buying raw eggs, chicken, beef, etc., right?

HTH! Enjoy your milk.

Mama to two sweet boys, a 7yo superhero.gif and a toddler coolshine.gif.
 

The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift. - Albert Einstein

mbravebird is offline  
Old 10-05-2008, 11:24 AM
 
SevenVeils's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Lurking in my Lerkim
Posts: 6,418
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kkar View Post
4. And finally, I think I remember hearing that when you start, to expect some intestinal distress until your body gets used to the milk. Am I making this up, or is this true?
I've never heard this, and I've gone back and forth from raw to store milk several times with nothing even close to this.

I feel strongly that raw milk is much healthier. I first started with raw milk many years ago (18?) when I found out about commercial milking and how hard it is on the cows- and this was pre-rBST. Not to mention how they are forced to live. Happy cows in California? Hardly. I've seen dairy cows living on nothing but mounds and mountains of cow poop. NO grazing areas. Nothing to do but to stand there on their own wastes. Right alongside Interstate 5. It's awful (frequently meat cows are raised on extensive grazing land though).

I was a bit of a chicken then too, but after a few sips of the scary mysterious raw milk I was hooked. It felt so much better in my body. So I got over it. If you're really nervous about it, you can make something low-temperature (so you're not cheating and pasteurizing it anyway ) like a very slow custard, or pumpkin pie or cheesecake. Then how can you say no? Or cook it at a higher temp to get used to it.

And as far as germaphobes, I can be that way too a little bit. What helped me was reading about how extremely disgusting commercial milk can be, because they will be pasteurizing it. Then it sits for a while before you buy it, and because there are no beneficial bacteria, all the bacteria just have a huge party for days or weeks. Not a good thing.

Then there's the harm done by homogenization.

And the fact that raw milk is full of living cells, beneficial bacteria, and when it goes 'bad', it is still perfectly edible (as sour milk) and safe, even good for you, whereas pasteurized milk is dead, and decomposing. When it goes bad, it is bad. Toxic. Disgusting. That isn't a pancake ingredient, that is just wrong. Just like a bad steak.
SevenVeils is offline  
Old 10-05-2008, 11:34 AM
 
SevenVeils's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Lurking in my Lerkim
Posts: 6,418
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbravebird View Post
In California, where raw milk is legal, pasteurized milk is allowed by law to have more bacteria in the final product than raw -- 5,000 units per ml more. That's why more people get sick from pasteurized products. Because the bacteria is out there, even after pasteurization, but the pasteurized milk just can't fight it.
This is true. Or, I should say, I too have read this and believe the sources. There is also an issue with when the pasteurized milk is tested, how long it sits on the shelf, how quickly the harmful bacteria multiply in an environment like that, and the much shorter shelf dates on raw milk. As well as the inhibiting factor on harmful bacteria in raw milk.

I really, really need to move and get a dairy goat again.
SevenVeils is offline  
Old 10-05-2008, 03:08 PM - Thread Starter
 
kkar's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 658
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Ok, well everyone has helped put it into perspective for me - thanks! We so many other raw and fermented foods, I don't even know why I'm worried about raw milk!

We sent in our order today - I'll try to report back on the asthma issue in the next couple of months.
kkar is offline  
Old 10-06-2008, 07:29 AM
 
Rawa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Singapore
Posts: 48
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I put in my first order for real milk today also. I can't wait to try it. I had to laugh because they are selling it as a "bath milk - not for human consumption". (presumably to get around the law.)
Rawa is offline  
Old 10-08-2008, 02:34 AM
 
snitker79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 324
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I went to my first "whole food" type group tonight and now I have a ton of research to do and questions.

What is the difference/benefits between drinking raw cow's milk and raw goat's milk besides the taste?

During pregnancy, my MW told me all the "bad" stuff about dairy it was eliminated (for the most part) from our diets as she had a structured diet. I notice that when I eat a lot of dairy in a particular sitting, like a dish of ice cream, my nose gets more stuffy and more mucous seems to be produced, which is part of the reaction to dairy the MW was talking about. Should I expect this to be the same way when switching to raw milk?

And since the raw milk has all the good enzymes and probiotics already in it, does that mean I can stop taking my probiotics and digestive enzymes supplements?

thanks for helping to clarify some things. I'm subbing to this area to learn more.
snitker79 is offline  
Old 10-08-2008, 02:57 AM
 
GoddessKristie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: AR
Posts: 1,410
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kkar View Post



3. Ok, we're scared chickens. I admit it. Germa-phobes, even though we try our darndest not to be. And really, we've made huge strides, but this raw milk think kind of freaks us out. Rest our fears. Please. How long have you been drinking it? Has anyone ever personally gotten sick from their milk?
Raw milk has so much beneficial bacteria that harmful bacteria cannot survive in it. Check out this article for more
http://www.realmilk.com/safety-raw-milk.html

Quote:
To study this issue further, Organic Pastures contracted with BSK labs in Fresno to perform multiple challenge and recovery tests on our raw milk and raw colostrum. When 7 logs (10 million counts) of pathogens were added to one-milliliter samples of organic raw milk they would not grow. In fact they died off. The salmonella was so badly out-competed that it could not be found less than 24 hours later. The listeria drop was less dramatic and was similiar to the E. Coli O157:H7 samples that were studied, but they also did not grow and declined substantially over time.

The lab concluded: “. . . organic raw milk and colostrum do not appear to support the growth of pathogens. . .”
GoddessKristie is offline  
Old 10-08-2008, 10:35 AM
 
njbeachgirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: by the beach!
Posts: 1,908
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
how does one find a cow share in an illegal state? thanks!!
njbeachgirl is offline  
Old 10-08-2008, 11:00 AM
 
mamadelbosque's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Ohio, USA
Posts: 6,810
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Ask around. Check out realmilk.com. But ask around - I found mine via a pamphlet put out by my county extension office for local farms/farmers. But I know of at least one other via my food co-op.
mamadelbosque is offline  
Old 11-06-2008, 01:29 AM
 
ee075sg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Singapore
Posts: 3
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi Rawa,

where did you order your raw milk from?

i know in here, it's practically non-existent.. we only get local fresh milk called VISHNU.. only selected supermarket has them..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawa View Post
I put in my first order for real milk today also. I can't wait to try it. I had to laugh because they are selling it as a "bath milk - not for human consumption". (presumably to get around the law.)
ee075sg is offline  
Old 11-06-2008, 02:43 AM
 
PaulaJoAnne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 1,492
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
there is a 1.9 % in 100,000 chance of getting sick from clean raw milk.
These stats are from the USDA.
The chances of getting sick from pasturized milk are so much higher.
www.realmilk.com can offer you a great deal of info and stats.
Also, we have only experienced increased health by drinking raw milk.
Paula
www.steveandpaularunyan.blogspot.com

Paula, wife to Steve, mother hen to 38 , busy doing : TTC after 6
PaulaJoAnne is offline  
Old 11-06-2008, 02:59 AM
 
bobandjess99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Northern IN
Posts: 5,835
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
i did personally have a ROUGH time adjusting to the raew milk....LOTS of intestinal issues for...about two whole months, actually. It has gotten a lot better now. We have not seen an improvement in dd's asthma, but yes, we are conveinced it is so much healthier, like the PP's have said.
One note..to make the switch easier, i would switch to whole store milk first...i think that was actually the hardest for us..we were used to drinking 1-2% store milk, and the whole raw milk just has SO much fat/cream in it...the texture/thickness of it was a bit disconcerting, even though the flavor wasn't weird at all.

CPST
bobandjess99 is offline  
Old 11-06-2008, 05:09 PM
 
columbusmomma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Running
Posts: 3,243
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
:
Just emailed someone in my state about a herdshare:

Wife to DH(15 years)and Mama to: Jacob(5/02)kid.gifribbonpurple.gif, and Alina(7/07)energy.gifI luxlove.gifbellyhair.gif
columbusmomma is offline  
Old 11-06-2008, 06:28 PM
 
sewingmama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 305
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kkar View Post
My family is considering a switch to raw milk. I was wondering if anyone could help with a few questions:

1. The reason we're doing this is because on of my dd's has severe asthma and I've heard that drinking raw milk can help - does anyone have any experience with this specific issue? If so, how long after drinking raw milk did you notice any difference?
Can't answer this one, no personal experience.

Quote:
2. It is illegal to sell directly from a farm in my state, and my two raw milk choices come in the form of co-ops from a near-by state. Both of these co-ops don't work with just one farm, but rather multiple farms so checking out cleanliness probably isn't an option. Would you all still do it? (I know people who buy from both co-ops and rave about the quality.)
Probably, if people are talking positively about them. Not sure though.

Quote:
3. Ok, we're scared chickens. I admit it. Germa-phobes, even though we try our darndest not to be. And really, we've made huge strides, but this raw milk think kind of freaks us out. Rest our fears. Please. How long have you been drinking it? Has anyone ever personally gotten sick from their milk?
We've been drinking raw milk for about 18 months or so, during which I was pregnant for 9. We've had it from two different farms, both legally certified in our state. Never got sick; the kids never have been sick from it, and the baby I was carrying is very healthy. In addition, as a child, I drank raw milk for several years -- no problems.

Quote:
4. And finally, I think I remember hearing that when you start, to expect some intestinal distress until your body gets used to the milk. Am I making this up, or is this true?
Not sure; I'm not enough of an expert to know. I do know that I am mildly lactose-intolerant and can't handle much pasteurized milk at all without my stomach getting upset. Raw milk supposedly has its natural lactase intact, so it's not as much of an issue. I can drink a lot more raw milk without my stomach getting upset than I ever could of pasteurized milk!

Mama to four: 10, 7, 3, and 1

sewingmama is offline  
Old 11-06-2008, 09:07 PM
 
MadameXCupcake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Nevada Desert
Posts: 1,075
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My family is considering a switch to raw milk. I was wondering if anyone could help with a few questions:

1. The reason we're doing this is because on of my dd's has severe asthma and I've heard that drinking raw milk can help - does anyone have any experience with this specific issue? If so, how long after drinking raw milk did you notice any difference?

Most of my asthma attacks occur in the winter months which are just arriving,.. but I have only used my inhaler once this whole year and that wasn't really for an asthma attack it was an allergic reaction and the paramedics thought it might help my airways.[which it did. LOL] That is a big improvement!

2. It is illegal to sell directly from a farm in my state, and my two raw milk choices come in the form of co-ops from a near-by state. Both of these co-ops don't work with just one farm, but rather multiple farms so checking out cleanliness probably isn't an option. Would you all still do it? (I know people who buy from both co-ops and rave about the quality.)

I'd probably do it, google the farms online if you can and learn about them that way at least.

3. Ok, we're scared chickens. I admit it. Germa-phobes, even though we try our darndest not to be. And really, we've made huge strides, but this raw milk think kind of freaks us out. Rest our fears. Please. How long have you been drinking it? Has anyone ever personally gotten sick from their milk?

Its been mentioned all ready but in Cali pasteurized milk has more bacteria and it doesn't have a lot of good bacteria.. So ICK!!

4. And finally, I think I remember hearing that when you start, to expect some intestinal distress until your body gets used to the milk. Am I making this up, or is this true?

No problems here, but we switched to raw milk because I was having gall bladder attacks from pasteurized milk. Now I can have pasteurized dairy like ice cream and have no attacks because the raw milk helps me to digest it! We believe raw milk is so much healthier and the fact that pasteurized dairy can cause lactose intolerance and things like gall bladder attacks it is not a healthy thing to consume. If we run out of raw dairy we wait for the next farm run we will never buy pasteurized milk again.

Mama to Belly(5), homesteading in the desert with our chickens and sheep. Fish nerd, really into my reef tank. Baby due Sep 3rd!

MadameXCupcake is offline  
Old 11-07-2008, 12:21 AM
 
ncas72's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Upstate NY
Posts: 153
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
1. The reason we're doing this is because on of my dd's has severe asthma and I've heard that drinking raw milk can help - does anyone have any experience with this specific issue? If so, how long after drinking raw milk did you notice any difference?

I have very mild asthma and have rarely had attacks. I usually have issues in the Spring and the Winter. We started using raw milk late Spring this year and I did have some allergy induced asthma issues but nothing so far right now.

2. It is illegal to sell directly from a farm in my state, and my two raw milk choices come in the form of co-ops from a near-by state. Both of these co-ops don't work with just one farm, but rather multiple farms so checking out cleanliness probably isn't an option. Would you all still do it? (I know people who buy from both co-ops and rave about the quality.)

If there was a lot of positive feedback from others using the milk, I would try it out.

3. Ok, we're scared chickens. I admit it. Germa-phobes, even though we try our darndest not to be. And really, we've made huge strides, but this raw milk think kind of freaks us out. Rest our fears. Please. How long have you been drinking it? Has anyone ever personally gotten sick from their milk?

We've been drinking the milk since late spring of this year and no problems. DS has actually started drinking milk since we went raw. We give him a little more cream in his milk.

4. And finally, I think I remember hearing that when you start, to expect some intestinal distress until your body gets used to the milk. Am I making this up, or is this true?

We haven't had any issues with intestinal distress. Well, I am lactose intolerant and have been since I was a baby. But I do seem to be able to tolerate the raw milk better.

We love our raw milk. We originally started out getting just 1/2 gallon as a test drive to see if we would like it. We are now up to 2 1//2 gallons a week and trying to make cheese.

Neeka - mom to DS-4 and wife to computer fanatic DH
ncas72 is offline  
Old 11-07-2008, 01:59 AM
 
wifeandmommy2-4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 77
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm gald you asked these questions because we too are switching over to raw milk. I am actually picking up my first 2 gallons this Saturday and am very nervous but excited about the benefits my family will enjoy!
wifeandmommy2-4 is offline  
 
User Tag List

Thread Tools


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off