diet for a small planet recipes? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 01-03-2009, 04:32 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Does anyone have this book? I have it but never tried any recipes from it. I looked through it again today and I noticed a lot of them are vegetarian- not vegan.. Has anyone tried veganizing any of these recipes? I know sometimes its a few easy switches, but I don't like to buy soy cheese and yogurt and I know that sometimes the dairy products can really make up the whole meal.. I'm also wondering if the vegan dishes are any good.. I just hate wasting my time on yucky food!
#2 of 4 Old 01-14-2009, 06:15 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
I've tried several of those recipes, and the only one that really grabbed me was one I recklessly modified when making it for the first time--I used canned instead of dry peas, canned instead of fresh tomatoes, and peanut butter instead of peanuts--and it was GREAT!! We make it all the time now. It's vegan. See recipe for Red & Green Pockets in The Earthling's Cookbook.

Mama to a boy EnviroKid treehugger.gif 9 years old and a new little girl EnviroBaby baby.gif!

I write about parenting, environment, cooking, and more. computergeek2.gif

#3 of 4 Old 01-14-2009, 06:23 PM

I have an older copy of Recipes for a Small Planet and a couple of the recipes became staples for us (with modifications). It is pretty cheese heavy though. I tend to use my Laurel's kitchen way more than this one for everyday cooking.
#4 of 4 Old 01-15-2009, 02:17 PM - Thread Starter

thanks for the input! i may try a few that jump out at me, but i guess i won't really waste my time on others. thanks!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page