What are your favorite dairy-free recipes? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-18-2009, 09:44 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm in a rut and am tired of cooking the same things. My 5 yo is really really picky, but I usually just make him quesadillas on nights we have something he won't touch (i.e. anything w/ beans ) I have a dairy allergy, so I usually cook dairy-free and they can add cheese if they want. THey usually don't bother, except for things like bean burritos. Thanks! :
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-19-2009, 12:00 AM

It they like burritoes they make like "taco salads"

1 large tortilla for each family member. Mold into an oven safe bowl and bake them until crispy and bowl shaped
Have them fill the bowls with:
Refried beans
Spanish rice
T.V.P chili
lettuce
tomatoes
peppers
onions
corn
guac
toffutti sour cream
salsa
cheese if they want

Kind of the same idea, but just a little perk/change

mommy daddy son daughter = our family
Old 06-19-2009, 04:16 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Will they eat lentils? My son wasn't going to eat the sloppy lentils until I made a huge deal about how messy they are and he saw the lentils (purposely) falling from my sandwich onto the plate.

http://www.fatfreevegan.com/crockpot/sloppy.shtml

I prefer them in tortillas rather than on a bun.

Created an instant family (7/89 and 5/91) in 1997. Made a baby boy 12/05 adopted a baby girl 8/08. Ask me about tandem adoptive nursing. Now living as gluten, dairy, cane sugar, and tomato free vegetarians. Homeschooling and loving it.

Old 06-19-2009, 06:40 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mybabysmama View Post
Will they eat lentils? My son wasn't going to eat the sloppy lentils until I made a huge deal about how messy they are and he saw the lentils (purposely) falling from my sandwich onto the plate.

http://www.fatfreevegan.com/crockpot/sloppy.shtml

I prefer them in tortillas rather than on a bun.
Yeah, I make lentil sloppy joes all the time. It's one of the few beans he'll eat a couple bites of, still won't eat more than 1 or 2 bites. THanks, though! Sloppy lentils are great when you're not sick of them. lol I eat mine on tortillas, too!

And thank you caiesmommy. I never thought to try making tortilla bowls at home. I thought they had to be deep fried for some reason. I will definitely give that a try! I think even my picky one might go for that. He does eat salad.
Old 06-20-2009, 10:52 AM

Do you think they'd eat bean nuggets? Pureed beans with seasoning, flour. Shaped into nugget/strips breaded and baked? If they had some sauce to dip it in?

Alphabet soup? DS is super picky in though he tries to eat AROUND the beans..I know a few slip in LOL

The only other thing I could reallythink of is "hidding" beans into food. I know a lot of people don't agree w hiding food. But I do Sometimes it's just nice to have a meal w/o dealing w tempers..I've pureed white beans in pasta sauce, soup ect.

mommy daddy son daughter = our family

User Tag List