Mothering Forum banner

What is the best way to do a juice fast?

699 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  MoonStarFalling 
#1 ·
I've heard there are juices to avoid? Is it best to just do all veggie juices? This is just for a 24 hour detox.

See less See more
#3 ·
Ha. I just did this. I made it 11 day and then I finally broke the fast. I drank green, red, orange juices and lots of water. I didn't use enemas. I had a bowel movemet every few days.

I juiced lettuse, spinach, kale, green peppers, cucumbers, pears, apples, pineapples, watermelon, cherries, strawberries, blueberries, mangoes. Oh, and carrots and ginger. Lots of stuff. I read some of the blogs on juice feasting.com

I lost 12 pounds. Gained 1 the first day I ate and today is my third of fast.

Good luck. The first couple of days are killer but once you get over it, it's easy to continue. I could see myself doing this occasionally but I definitely felt deprived in the end. I broke my fast by eating sushi...I was kinda starved for protein.

#4 ·
I only made it 5 days on mine. Didn't have one bowel movement and I was getting extremely uncomfortable. One day is no problem there though. I do a big jug of veggie juice and a big one of fruit juice. I drink one and later the other alternating. I don't drink the super sugary juices like pineapple and melons. If it's just one day for detoxing I would probably just do green juice.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.