Mothering Forum banner

vegan sweets for gifts: your faves

482 views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Naturopath Mom 
#1 ·
i have always enjoyed giving cookies for seasonal gifts. until recently, cookies were the one place i still would use butter, and i have not yet mastered vegan cookies.

i'd like to hear about your favorites for gift giving--ones that are fun to make with my 6yo dd (rolling, shaping, decorating) would be especially nice.

thanks in advance for your suggestions.

#4 ·
thanks for the suggestions thus far. i look forward to reading (and eating!) others.

my market does have earth balance sticks, and i am going to try them for the first time. i was expecting that they behave similar to butter.

#5 ·
I have found vegan baking to be really, really easy. I just use earth balance and it is identical to butter. I haven't looked up any christmas cookie recipes yet but this recipe is amazing!

http://vegweb.com/index.php?topic=6391.0

#6 ·
My favorite to give is chocolate covered goodies. I usually do nuts. Almonds, walnuts, peacans and peanuts. Sometimes I'll chop them up or just leave them whole. Dehyrdated fruit is good too. Peanut butter is good to mix in with the chocolate. My kids like helping with it. Coconut is good too, one of my favorites. Put it in a nice tin and you are done!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.