vegan, gluten-free, and pregnant? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 12-20-2010, 10:03 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I've been pregnant and vegan before but I just went gluten-free a few months ago, and I just found out today that I'm pregnant! Anyone else pull of staying gluten-free through pregnancy?

Sarah born 04/03/02dust.gif , Ashley born 03/13/04homebirth.jpg,  Rigel born 09/10/11 nocirc.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-21-2010, 12:52 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Congrats lady! I was gluten-free-soy-free-vegan for a few months while breastfeeding, so it certainly can be done! A raw diet is 'accidentally' gluten-free and there are plenty of raw pregnancy stories (not that I'm advocating a raw pregnancy mind you).

Do you have specific questions? Good luck!

cruelty-free, beastie-full!
Old 12-21-2010, 05:13 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Well I guess I'd be curious to know if I'm going to end up craving wheat products, and/or the perpetual question of how to combat well-meaning concern of relatives.  I'm already going to be dealing with a lot of "you can't be pregnant and vegan" sentiments but being gluten free is going to set off a whole firestorm of questions.  It's easy to point people to the position statement of the American Dietetic Association to show that a vegan diet is healthy during pregnancy, but are there any similar resources about being gluten free?

Sarah born 04/03/02dust.gif , Ashley born 03/13/04homebirth.jpg,  Rigel born 09/10/11 nocirc.gif

User Tag List