Happy 2011! What's Cooking in January ? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 67 Old 01-04-2011, 09:45 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Thought I'd better just get this party started and make the Jan thread! I'm ready for some new fun ideas for 2011. . .let's get cooking!  eat.gif

Please post here with what you are up to in the kitchen: recipes, ideas, what's working, what isn't, ingredients you are loving, etc

So we were felled by stomach flu around New Years and ever since then my cooking (and eating) mojo has been MIA.  But I am hoping the inspiration will hit again soon.  

There are two meals I have been wanting to try, so tonight will be VeganDad's Seitan fajitas http://vegandad.blogspot.com/2007/11/seitan-fajitas.html

and tomorrow night we'll have pumpkin curry (thanks catnip!) http://catnip13.blogspot.com/2010/11/pumpkin-curry.html

photosmile2.gif Me= crunchy mama to one rambunctious toddler, born on October 1, 2009. And one sweet little baby born January 19, 2012. heartbeat.gif

#2 of 67 Old 01-05-2011, 04:23 PM

I made a garbanzo bean and veggie casserole tonight for dinner, big spinach salad, with homemade chocolate soy pudding. A crowd pleaser! And I still hae enough to eat for leftovers tomorrow. WAHOO!!!

There are three things I learned about life. It goes on. -Longfellow

stillheart.gifRIP DH DJ Delicious but mucho gracias for our children and all I have learnedstillheart.gif

#3 of 67 Old 01-05-2011, 05:45 PM

tonight was black bean and acorn squash empanadas from veganomicon.... Lots of work and the kids drove me crazy because they wanted to eat all my dough and mess up my shapes.

They were OK... i took out the jalapeno's for the kids and i could have used the spice, maybe need to up the other spices.

We also made pretzels, and they worked! yeah. Yum. second attempt and tried this recipe. I also put the dough in the bread machine, which i think is the key with a 3 1/2 year old and 1 1/2 year old super helper.  Our shapes were odd, but yummy.

http://www.cookingwithmykid.com/giveaway/countdown-to-2011-sweet-2011-pretzels/print/

This ladies website is off the hook.

Tomorrow is hot and sour soup from moosewood low fat faves or something

friday is pizza, Dh thinks every friday should have pizza.  After today it may be tortilla pizza, cause i am doughed out.

In love with their dad . mom to (dd 5/20/07)notes.gif, and (ds 3/27/09)moon.gif ,and (dd 5/9/11) love.gif, and (ds 5/14/13) nak.gif

#4 of 67 Old 01-06-2011, 01:03 PM

Last night we had falafel. I just use the dry mix stuff. Tabouli salad, cucumbers, tomatoes, avocado, garlic sauce, and pita. We are all very garlicky this morning. We had brownies with frosting since it was our second child's birthday. He gets a cake this weekend, too.

Tonight I think might be canned soup, grilled cheese, and black bean burgers.

Dready Homeschooling Mom 

17 yob

14 yob

10 yob

4 yog

2 yob

#5 of 67 Old 01-06-2011, 02:07 PM

I am going to give vegan mac and cheese a whirl with some steamed cauliflower. I have never made veg mac and cheese before so I will have the regular stuff on hand for the omnis in my family in case the veg mac and cheese is an epic fail.lol.gif

There are three things I learned about life. It goes on. -Longfellow

stillheart.gifRIP DH DJ Delicious but mucho gracias for our children and all I have learnedstillheart.gif

#6 of 67 Old 01-07-2011, 11:43 AM - Thread Starter

abbylotus--I've never been "brave" enough to try vegan mac n cheese. . .I don't usually like vegan "cheese", so I tend to shy away from recipes that feature it.  Let me know how it was though!

Sandybeachbums--Mmmmm falafel, wish I had the time to make some. I have a from-scratch recipe that I love, but it just isn't practical with a 15mo!  Happy 2nd bday to your LO.

I have not had good cooking luck/inspiration this week. Sigh.  I was not in love with the seitan fajitas from vegandad.  I can make fajitas without a recipe, but I thought I'd try his. . .but nope.  I didn't like his spice combo and it turned out too salty. . .but maybe that's b/c I used store bought seitan?  And I haven't been able to make the pumpkin curry yet (which I am really wanting to try) b/c I am out of some ingredients, but haven't had time to get to Whole Foods this week. 

Tonight though, I am making stuffed cabbage rolls.  Now I just need to hunt a down recipe and veganize it. 

photosmile2.gif Me= crunchy mama to one rambunctious toddler, born on October 1, 2009. And one sweet little baby born January 19, 2012. heartbeat.gif

#7 of 67 Old 01-08-2011, 12:11 PM

happy new year, mamas!  here's to a year of good eating.  for me, less kitchen laziness and more trying new things.

garlicky collard greens, roasted sweet potatoes, black-eyed peas, and rice tonight.

i'd love to make cornbread, too....but i am not happy with the flavor of soymilk in baked goods.  i have to figure out a new way.

mama to one amazing daughter born 1/2004
#8 of 67 Old 01-08-2011, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kangamitroo View Post

i'd love to make cornbread, too....but i am not happy with the flavor of soymilk in baked goods.  i have to figure out a new way.

Just wanted to pop in and say that I recently made dairy free cornbread using the So Delious coconut milk and it came out amazing.  No "off" flavor at all.  We use it for just about everything these days.  It's really very good.

*mama to c 2/2000, v 2/2004, p 9/2006, and h 12/2012*

one of the mamas behind BeanTreeBaby.com ...Gear for Growing Families!

#9 of 67 Old 01-09-2011, 07:58 AM

Hi everyone!

I haven't been on Mothering in quite a long time and am very surprised about the new look and options! I'll have to get used to it! *lol*

Anyway, I need to get back to planning weekly meals and would like to join this thread for inspiration! wink1.gif

Tonight we'll have Taco soup, nothing special but very yummy!yummy.gif

~*Val*~ Vegan SAHM to DD (2/02) DS (7/05) 6x and wife to my best friend.
#10 of 67 Old 01-09-2011, 01:33 PM - Thread Starter

FitMommyof2--welcome back!  It took me a couple weeks to get used to the new MDC, but now I love it.  I'd love your recipe for Taco soup of you have a link or time to type it out! That sounds yum.

Kangamitroo--I have to second the vote for SoDelicious coconut milk.  Its really good and not very coconuty tasting (unlike the canned version of coconut milk). Its really good in baking, although personally, I have never found soy milk to have a strong flavor in baking. 

Yesterday I made baked kale chips for the first time and they were so awesome!  I'm always looking for ways to eat more greens.  You just wash, dry and tear up the kale. Then toss with some olive oil and salt. And put on a baking sheet in a 300 degree oven, for about 20min stirring the tray every 5min or so till they are all dry.  They really taste great!  I've also been experimenting with my bday gift of a Vitamix, been making some good smoothies and hiding spinach in there along with berries and coconut milk kefir and banana.

I think tonight I'll be making one of my favs, pasta with lentils, arugula and caramelized onions.

I need to make a meal plan for next week though. I feel like things go so much more smoothly during the week when I have a plan and I don't end up rummaging desperately in the fridge at 5pm.

#11 of 67 Old 01-09-2011, 03:11 PM

i know this wan'st addressed to me, but had to share. My Dh declared this one of his favorite meals ever... it is tortilla soup not taco soup but i imagine the concept is the same.

http://allrecipes.com//Recipe/vegetarian-tortilla-soup/Detail.aspx

This week.  I totally sent this pregnant lady to the grocery store hungry last night.  Didn't do too bad, just more veggies than i had planned. i have a hard time not indulging myself with what i "want" when pregnant.  Maybe to make up for the first months when nothing sounds good.

Eggplant and mushroom enchiladas

roasted beets & purple potatoes, kale chips

Quinoa stirfry (veganomicon)

veg chili and cornbread and broccoli

chile cheese fries

spinach lasagna and salad

In love with their dad . mom to (dd 5/20/07)notes.gif, and (ds 3/27/09)moon.gif ,and (dd 5/9/11) love.gif, and (ds 5/14/13) nak.gif

#12 of 67 Old 01-10-2011, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kismetbaby View Post

FitMommyof2--welcome back!  It took me a couple weeks to get used to the new MDC, but now I love it.  I'd love your recipe for Taco soup of you have a link or time to type it out! That sounds yum.

I need to make a meal plan for next week though. I feel like things go so much more smoothly during the week when I have a plan and I don't end up rummaging desperately in the fridge at 5pm.

Thank you! :) Yes, I'm sure after a while I'll get used to the new look. It just took me completely offguard! LOL

I got the recipe from another (fitness) board; there were 2 recipes posted and I kinda combined both, taking some ideas from one and the other

Taco Soup

3 can chili beans ( these are like the seasoned kidney beans not a can of chili with beans ).
1 - 8oz. can tomato sauce
2 cups water
1 can green chilies
1 envelope Hidden Valley Ranch dressing mix ( dry )
1 lb frozen corn
 1 chopped onion

In a Pam sprayed pan, brown turkey & onion together.
Combine the rest of the ingredients and simmer 30 mins... super easy, filling and good!

Taco Soup
2 cans chopped tomatoes
2 cans Rotel chopped tomatoes w/chilis (or one if you prefer it milder)
1 chopped onion
2 cans hominy (I sometimes used frozen corn, but I like hominy better)
4-6 cans of various beans: black, kidney, red, white, whatever
2 T. powdered Ranch dressing mix
2 T. taco seasoning
Water to desired consistency

Optional garnishes- Avocado, cilantro, grated cheese.

I'm also currently trying to get back into the groove of planning my weekly meals! I've totally slacked the past months; mainly because my kids eat something else than us most of the time (especially DS is terribly picky.. *sigh*) but I do like to know what we'll have and I know DH loves coming home, knowing what's for dinner instead of having a clueless wife! LOL

Tonight I've made a potato soup with spinach dumplings; first time I've made the dumplings and they turned out nice! DH liked it and even DD asked if she could have it next time with us after trying a spoonful!

In case everyone wants the recipe, here it is: http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Potato-Soup-with-Spinach-Dumplings/Detail.aspx

#13 of 67 Old 01-10-2011, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jldumm View Post

i know this wan'st addressed to me, but had to share. My Dh declared this one of his favorite meals ever... it is tortilla soup not taco soup but i imagine the concept is the same.

This week.  I totally sent this pregnant lady to the grocery store hungry last night.  Didn't do too bad, just more veggies than i had planned. i have a hard time not indulging myself with what i "want" when pregnant.  Maybe to make up for the first months when nothing sounds good.

chile cheese fries

Thanks for the link, I'll have to check out this recipe as well! I used to make a lot of chilis and bean salads but the taco soup had a special twist (for me) as I've used chili beans as well as tomatoes w/chilis for the first time and also never used ranch dressing mix before to spice a soup.

Would you mind sharing your recipe for the eggplant & mushroom enchiladas? They sound delish!!!

#14 of 67 Old 01-10-2011, 02:35 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the recipes/links mamas!  I'm gonna have to try those this week.  I grew up eating a lot of beans and mexican-inspired food, but for some reason I never have had or made tortilla (or taco) soup.  And that potato soup sounds fantastic.  Supposed to be rainy here this week, so soups will be awesome.

Here is my loose plan for the week:

--leftovers

--Potato soup 

--stir fry with Gardein "beef", veg and brown rice

--Taco or tortilla soup

--pumpkin curry

I've been craving vegan chocolate cake, so if i get the chance I'll bake that this week.  I don't know if anyone has tried a similar recipe, but it's super easy and makes the most amazing moist, chocolatey cake.  http://www.wikihow.com/Make-Eggless-Chocolate-Cake

#15 of 67 Old 01-11-2011, 05:21 PM

I got some oyster mushrooms as a surprise from our produce coop and I had no idea what to do with them. I found this recipe for vegan clamless chowder and it was awesome!!

I am at such a loss as to what to make anymore. I am trying to cook more vegan since DH is having dairy & egg issues, the kids don't like anything but spagetti, and I am bored with the same stuff over and over again.

Cheryl, wife to an amazing man, homeschooling SAHM to Gavin 12/03, Rhys 09/06, and Ian Aug 11, 2010.

#16 of 67 Old 01-12-2011, 11:09 AM

Hi mamas,

sorry for being MIA the past 2 days! Yesterday we had simple spaghetti w/tomato sauce and white beans. Today it was grilled cheese and tomato soup.

I bought some zucchini today that I plan on baking in the oven (slice open, brush w/olive oil, sprinkle w/salt, pepper, garlic, done! Soo yummy!) and I have 4 bigger potatoes I need to use up... Still at a loss what to make with them... I need to start sitting down and literally planning each day again!!!

#17 of 67 Old 01-12-2011, 12:57 PM

Last night was my awesome iron chef challenge: A gluten free vegan dinner for 12 with NO notice, and no time for a grocery run. (a chunk of our homeschool group adjourned here when it started raining at parkday, and a few of them stayed until after 11 pm). I had a crockpot going with a cup and a half of white beans in it, I used a bunch of kale and some extra water to pad that out into a really tasty soupy sauce, then made a giant pot of polenta to pad it out. Another friend brought the pot of pinto beans that she had cooking to add to the spread, and then I made a batch each of GF vegan brownies and chocolate chip cookies, and we geeked out and played boardgames and built RPG characters until the littlest ones were half asleep. SO FUN!

#18 of 67 Old 01-12-2011, 02:44 PM - Thread Starter

FitMommyof2--you could always do a baked potato bar. . .you know, baked potatoes then all kinds of fixin's to go inside them.  Zucchini sounds good that way, I'll have to try it. I'm a big fan of over roasting veggies. . .practically any veg is good with some olive oil salt and oven roasting! We really like broccoli this way.

catnip--wow, that does sound like a challenge!

Haven't exactly stuck to my meal plan this week. Oh well. some weeks are just like that.  DH worked late last night, so DS and I were on our own for dinner. Usually when that happens I go rogue and make something that I prefer, but DH doesn't love. So I made a curry stew with chickpeas and kale last night.

I'll be making potato-leek soup tonight. Can't decide if I'll make a green salad to go with it or cornbread or both.

#19 of 67 Old 01-12-2011, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FitMOmmyOf2 View Post

Quote:

chile cheese fries

Thanks for the link, I'll have to check out this recipe as well! I used to make a lot of chilis and bean salads but the taco soup had a special twist (for me) as I've used chili beans as well as tomatoes w/chilis for the first time and also never used ranch dressing mix before to spice a soup.

Would you mind sharing your recipe for the eggplant & mushroom enchiladas? They sound delish!!!

That is funny. i knew someone would ask me that... but i don't really use a recipe.  i use this recipe type thing from my friend as a suggestion and plug in what ever veggies i have.  i always make one without the green chile for the kids, then add the green chile for me and DH.  I made one with zuke and sweet potato once that was really good.  ialso usually use can tom in winter and real tomato in summer, cause i can never use us a whole can of tomato paste. i also usually add in beans as a layer for extra...

This is from my friend-

Ah....recipes..heh heh...I'm TERRIBLE about being able to make the same thing twice, but since you did specify that you wanted a recipe "of sorts", and because I'm confident in your cooking ability, here it goes...

Make sauce: You'll need flour to thicken, some stock, salt/pepper, chili carribe powder (or chopped green chile if you prefer green), onions if you like them, chopped veggies.... Tomato paste for heat reducer--if you accidentally make them spicier than you planned :)

Make a roux; sautee the onion in some olive oil (+ butter if you'd like) to clear, add ~ a couple tablespoons flour, brown. Bring up to desired volume (~ a quart) with stock, and cook to thicken a bit. Add your chopped veggies, and chile (powder or chopped), salt/pepper. You'll add chile to taste. I think I probably told you you can make them spicier than they turn out once baked. If you go too far on the spicy, add tomato paste by tablespoon.

Assemble: You'll need grated cheese (I've never tried making it with bechamel...I may try it next time to make it less cheesy; more creamy)--1/2 to 1 lb, corn tortillas, more chopped onion if you like. Dip and coat generously in chile, corn tortilla, place in casserole dish (if dish is square, you'll do two tortillas this way for one layer, a large rectangle, four), next layer onion if you're doing more, then cheese. Continue layering chile coated tortilla, onion, cheese, finishing with cheese. If I have chile left at the end, I'll spatula it out on the casserole before the final cheese layer.

Bake at about 400 until top cheese is melty.

#20 of 67 Old 01-14-2011, 10:16 AM

Thanks for the idea, Kismetbaby!

I ended up making a creamy Shepherd's Pie yesterday and today we had healthy oven baked onion rings and a Kashi pizza w/tons of extra veggies on top.

Thanks for the 'rough' recipe, jldumm! Now I have a better idea! ;)

Are we the only ones who check in here this month?

Have a nice weekend!

#21 of 67 Old 01-15-2011, 05:45 AM

Hi again everyone!

I just wanted to update on the baked zucchini! I made an amazing concoction if I may say so myself! yummy.gif

I baked the zucchini like planned but then made a white bean (Great Northern) & roasted pepper 'Hummus', mixed with some Feta cheese and used it as a spread on the zucchini! OMG, sooo delishious!!!

DH loved it too and requested that I'll make more Hummus out of the beans & roasted peppers!

Not sure yet what we'll have for dinner...

inkandtofu likes this.

#22 of 67 Old 01-15-2011, 11:12 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by FitMOmmyOf2 View Post

Thanks for the idea, Kismetbaby!

I ended up making a creamy Shepherd's Pie yesterday and today we had healthy oven baked onion rings and a Kashi pizza w/tons of extra veggies on top.

Thanks for the 'rough' recipe, jldumm! Now I have a better idea! ;)

Are we the only ones who check in here this month?

Have a nice weekend!

I've seen this thread get really busy with lots of people some months. . .I think Jan can be an "off" month for things.  But I'm enjoying this thread even if its only a few of us! :)

Your baked zuchini sounds yummy!

I made a super yummy kale salad two nights ago. I've never liked raw kale before, but this was good!

Last night I just made up a sort of vegan stroganoff with the ingredients on hand. I had some vegan sour cream that needed using, so that was the inspiration.  I sauteed zucchini with onion, added some Imagine brand Portebello mushroom soup for the sauce base, and used some corn starch to thicken it. Simmered that till cooked, then added some un-beef strips and stirred in a cup of sour cream at the end. Ate it over whole wheat pasta. It was delish!

Tonight is our no-cook night. . .used to be we'd always go out, but DS isn't good at restaurants these days, so DH usually picks up some food to-go. I'm thinking we'll get Thai tonight.

#23 of 67 Old 01-15-2011, 01:22 PM

I make a bit pot of white beans. Half went to white chili. I make it with hominey. I love hominy. I am hoping to make some baked beans with the rest of the beans. My husbnd wants enchiladas, so I need to get that together. I don't think I have enough sauce, but I have other stuff and zi think I will make my own sauce. I don't want to go to the store on a Saturday.

Dready Homeschooling Mom 

17 yob

14 yob

10 yob

4 yog

2 yob

#24 of 67 Old 01-16-2011, 10:25 AM

Oh yes, I agree! I enjoy it even with only the three of us too. I'm just astonished as I remembered it to be much busier!

I've never had Kale! duck.gifMainly because I didn't know how to prepare it and DH once said he doesn't really like it as it would be bitter, according to him... But I'm thinking the bitterniss probably more coming from a wrong way of cooking?

Funny, mushroom stroganoff is planned for tomorrow for us. I'm very happy to having a plan for this week! Now I only need to stay at it and use my tons of veg. recipe books for the coming weeks!

Mo: Mushroom Stroganoff w/peas on egg noodles

Tue.: Taco soup w/guacamole

Wed: Chickpea Curry (Crockpot) on rice

Thurs: Sloppy Lentils on fresh rolls, green salad

Fri.: Homemade pizza w/lots of veggies

Sat: Pasta w/tomato sauce and grilled veggies

Quote:
Originally Posted by kismetbaby View Post

I've seen this thread get really busy with lots of people some months. . .I think Jan can be an "off" month for things.  But I'm enjoying this thread even if its only a few of us! :)

Your baked zuchini sounds yummy!

I made a super yummy kale salad two nights ago. I've never liked raw kale before, but this was good!

Last night I just made up a sort of vegan stroganoff with the ingredients on hand. I had some vegan sour cream that needed using, so that was the inspiration.  I sauteed zucchini with onion, added some Imagine brand Portebello mushroom soup for the sauce base, and used some corn starch to thicken it. Simmered that till cooked, then added some un-beef strips and stirred in a cup of sour cream at the end. Ate it over whole wheat pasta. It was delish!

Tonight is our no-cook night. . .used to be we'd always go out, but DS isn't good at restaurants these days, so DH usually picks up some food to-go. I'm thinking we'll get Thai tonight.

#25 of 67 Old 01-16-2011, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyBeachBums View Post

I make a bit pot of white beans. Half went to white chili. I make it with hominey. I love hominy. I am hoping to make some baked beans with the rest of the beans. My husbnd wants enchiladas, so I need to get that together. I don't think I have enough sauce, but I have other stuff and zi think I will make my own sauce. I don't want to go to the store on a Saturday.

Oh, I'll have to try that, using hominey for white chili!

I have to admit, I never made baked beans myself! I always bought them in a can. shy.gif But I'd like to know how to make it myself. I need to go back to buying dry beans vs. canned!

#26 of 67 Old 01-16-2011, 10:54 AM

Fitmommy- do you have a recipe for the crockpot curry.  i need more crockpot recipes that are yummy. i am never quite satisfied...

this week...

last night- sweet potato fries, 60 sec brussels, kale chips and purple potatoes.

tonight- in or out with friends

monday- linguine with white wine sauce and veg

tues- stuffed potato with brocooli etc

wed- chili and cornbread

thurs- orzo feta and zuke with greens

fri- pizza with spin salad

I also made a coconut lemon bundt for vegonomicon for tonight. yum. i love that recipe and the kids can lick their fingers all they want.

i tried a vegan jello from whole foods. ew. but i don't like jello any way. my dd has been going on and on about strawberry jello, so we tried it.... but no one seemed to like it very much.

i will also make some brownies for DH's sweet tooth.

easy peasy meals.

i seem to alternate, next week has some interesting meals on it already.

#27 of 67 Old 01-17-2011, 09:28 PM

Tonight was make something quick night so I had a boca chicken patty corn on the cob and carrots. I looked for fruit in the house but no luck must go grocery shopping soon it is getting to were there is more dust then groceries hahahah. Have no idea about tomorrow though. I have a can of sourkraut but dont know that to do with that since I dont have any vegan sausage. Any suggestions?

vegan, *( . ) ( . )* wife to D and momma to peanut and monkey boy
#28 of 67 Old 01-18-2011, 11:07 AM

Honestly, it's just throwing together what ever kind of veggies you have (leftovers or preference, I use green beans, broccoli, carrots, onion, zucchini, can of tomatoes etc.) together with ~2 cans of chickpeas and 1/2 can of coconut millk.

The 'trick' is to first sautee the onion (diced) in oil and then add ~1Tbsp curry powder, then add it to the CP mix. Cook on high ~4 hrs or on low for 6-8 hrs.

Add the coconut milk only at the end when everything's cooked!

HTH!

The coconut lemon bunt cake sounds yummy!!! I have been wanting Veganomicon but as long as we're still overseas and I have trouble getting so many ingreditents, I'll wait.

Quote:

Fitmommy- do you have a recipe for the crockpot curry.  i need more crockpot recipes that are yummy. i am never quite satisfied...

I also made a coconut lemon bundt for vegonomicon for tonight. yum. i love that recipe and the kids can lick their fingers all they want.

#29 of 67 Old 01-18-2011, 11:45 AM

egyptian split peas over rice, roasted cauliflower, roasted onions spread on toast

white beans have never been my favorite, but there is a Vegetarian Times recipe that has them baked and covered in bread crumbs.  dh and i both agree bread crumbs could make a huge difference. hope to try soon.

and i need to make that coconut lemon cake from veganomicon....got to borrow from the library again.  my only fear is i'll eat the whole thing in one day ;).

mama to one amazing daughter born 1/2004
#30 of 67 Old 01-18-2011, 03:07 PM - Thread Starter

Made this last night and it was awesome! http://blog.fatfreevegan.com/2008/05/spicy-collards-and-black-eyed-pea-soup.html  Even DH who isn't a fan of collard greens or black-eyes peas admitted it was good. 

Man lemon coconut cake sounds great. Can't decide if I want to make that or the chocolate chocolate chip cookies (also from V'con) more. My sweet tooth is bigger than my stomach. haha

Not sure about tonight. It depends on whether DH is working late or not. If he is, then I will do something lazy, if not, then I'll have to think of something to really cook!  

Thinking of soaking a pot pf pinto beans tonight and then basing some meals this week on that (enchiladas, tortilla soup, burritos, etc).

kangamitroo--I saw that recipe in Veg Times too and thought it looked good. There is a similar recipe in V'con for white beans with a crumb topping, which we liked a lot.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page