anyone do calcium supplements? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 03-14-2011, 09:08 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi all, I have been eliminating all dairy from my diet to see if it helps my DD eczema.  I am a vegetarian who eats eggs and recently fish....so whatever you would call that.....a pesco-ovo-vegan?  ha ha

Anyway, does anyone supplement with calcium?  I see that Floradix makes calcium supplements in liquid form, and I already use their floravital for the iron.  The calcium comes with different combinations, alone, with magnuesium, etc.  Any advice?

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 6 Old 03-14-2011, 09:53 AM

No suggestions, sorry, but definitely interested in others' responses.....:D

Karinlady.gif - breastfeeding fbbf.gif, cloth diapering: cd.gif, cosleeping ;familybed2.gif, homeschooling homeschool.gif, babywearing femalesling.GIF!, AP Mama to Martin, Ivy Rose, Patrick and Neva , wife to Kevinjammin.gif

#3 of 6 Old 03-14-2011, 04:18 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

New Chapter Bone Strength Take Care is the only calcium I take. The Calcium comes from a red algae in Iceland, super high in calcium and a real food. Unlike chalk (calcium carbonate) and limestone (calcium citrate) and animal bone (calcium hydroxyappetite). It also contains D3, so not vegan and K2, which are essential components to getting calcium into your bones. 

#4 of 6 Old 03-24-2011, 09:06 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)

I took coral calcium. You can also eat greens and sesame seeds for calcium. Not much info, but askew had some good advice.

Super Mom.  Super Wife.  Super Tired.
#5 of 6 Old 03-25-2011, 01:38 PM

I guess I'm a pesco-ovo-vegan too, lol! That's exactly how I eat. I've been taking this liquid calcium-mag supplement at night. It's dairy-free (cause dairy and I aren't friends), it's cheap, and tastes pretty good if it's cold. It's a little chalky if you have at room temp, though.

Trish~mama to Kaelie 5/03 and Amelia 12/13, surro mama to Aidan 2/08 & Ellyss 6/09, 

#6 of 6 Old 03-25-2011, 04:57 PM

That describes me as well :)- I rarely eat eggs but will cook with them -I mostly cook vegan at home but will order fish for protein when we go out.  Im not strict about much but  just dont choose to eat a lot of dairy since it aggravates my digestion - and have NO desire to consume meat.  I do take a calcium magnesium supplement since my bone density showed up borderline a few years back.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page