BPA free - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 04-23-2011, 12:09 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)

I am going to start making my own beans and broth (enchilada sauce too.) I was worried about freezing it because of BPA. Turns out Ziplock Brand bags (and SaranWrap brand) are BPA, phthalate, and dioxin free.

http://www.ziploc.com/Sustainability/pages/Safety-and-Plastics.aspx

Sterilite ice cube trays are also BPA and phthalate free 

http://www.sterilite.com/SelectProduct.html?id=352&view=0&picture=1&tab=Features&ProductCategory=223&section=4

Rubbermaid ice cube trays are BPA free, but I do not know if they are phthalate free. I posted that question on their website.

I thought everyone would like to know.

PoetryLover likes this.

Created an instant family (7/89 and 5/91) in 1997. Made a baby boy 12/05 adopted a baby girl 8/08. Ask me about tandem adoptive nursing. Now living as gluten, dairy, cane sugar, and tomato free vegetarians. Homeschooling and loving it.

#2 of 5 Old 04-23-2011, 09:33 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Wow, thanks for posting that. Now I won't feel as bad about buying the ziploc bags at Costco. wink1.gif

#3 of 5 Old 04-23-2011, 10:56 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 4 Post(s)

I hadn't thought about getting them at Costco. I'll get a box today at Target, but will stock up the next time I'm at Costco.

Created an instant family (7/89 and 5/91) in 1997. Made a baby boy 12/05 adopted a baby girl 8/08. Ask me about tandem adoptive nursing. Now living as gluten, dairy, cane sugar, and tomato free vegetarians. Homeschooling and loving it.

#4 of 5 Old 04-25-2011, 07:35 PM

This is great to know! Thanks for posting about this. I freeze so much stuff in Ziploc bags and it’s really the only time I use plastic for food anymore. I also try to reuse them over and over and over until they’re falling apart.

#5 of 5 Old 04-27-2011, 06:05 PM

I knew about Ziploc but have been searching for BPA free ice cube trays! THANK YOU!!!!

We think greenearth.gif  Gentle mama to 3 amazing kiddos. Rainbow.gif Recovering from religion. heartbeat.gif

LIFEschooling. upsidedown.gif Extended NAKing. winner.jpg Graduated cloth diaperer. cd.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page