ISO Vegetarian/Vegan Recipes that will please a meat-eating husband - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 05-05-2011, 10:58 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

We're not vegetarians in our house.  I used to be until I met my husband, and then I slowly starting eating more meat because it became too much trouble to cook/think of two different meals for each of us at dinner time.  When we do eat meat, we do organic, grass-fed, free-range, etc., as long as we can afford it.  

But, I'd like to get back to at least part-time vegetarianism (is there such a thing?) by doing half of our meals together without meat.  The problem is, my husband likes to have meat at the center of the meal, so I'm looking for recipes that will be an easy transition for him.  He doesn't like rice or tofu.  Ideas? Or do you have good website/blog recommendations? 

Kelly: Mama to a spunky, joy-filled DD kid.gif(10/04/10), and a loving wife to a music-making DH broc1.gif (07/14/07) We fly-by-nursing1.gifand familybed1.gif, and are just starting to TTC#2 dust.gifhh2.gif

#2 of 5 Old 05-06-2011, 12:26 PM

I am the only veggie in my family. So I usually will make hardy sides and do with out the meat. My man like yours enjoys his meat. One of his favs is veggie lasagna. He also likes veggie pasta if i use alot of veggies in it. but for the most part i just make him his meat and plenty of yummy sides.

#3 of 5 Old 05-06-2011, 04:14 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

My friend from Texas loves this recipe. I heard he had his wife make it for him when he went home, but he put bacon it in. lol 

http://www.plantfoodfabulous.com/2010/10/torta-de-chard.html

The blog belongs to a friend of mine, and has some real gems if you look around. 

#4 of 5 Old 05-07-2011, 08:59 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks, I love finding good food blogs!  I've been doing tarts, pies, and quiches as main courses a lot recently and am surprised at how easy they are...

Kelly: Mama to a spunky, joy-filled DD kid.gif(10/04/10), and a loving wife to a music-making DH broc1.gif (07/14/07) We fly-by-nursing1.gifand familybed1.gif, and are just starting to TTC#2 dust.gifhh2.gif

#5 of 5 Old 05-15-2011, 04:01 PM

I can make a mean chili that even the most committed carnivore loves...I change it up every time, and minimize the actual veges if I am having a lot of meat-eaters over :)

Mom to two terrific kiddos, affirming every day that the Universe is unfolding as it should and all is well...

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page