Strange Question - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 06-11-2011, 05:33 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

One of our local restaurants makes a really good dressing.  They weren't willing to share ingredients, but said it was a blend of salsa and barbecue sauce.  It's a tropical salad, and my guess is that they're using mango salsa as a base.  What BBQ sauce would go well with that?  Can anyone suggest any flavors--would it be a savory or sweet BBQ sauce?  The dressing is sweet but slightly spicy.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 06-11-2011, 06:27 PM
2xy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceeveg View Post

One of our local restaurants makes a really good dressing.  They weren't willing to share ingredients, but said it was a blend of salsa and barbecue sauce.  It's a tropical salad, and my guess is that they're using mango salsa as a base.  What BBQ sauce would go well with that?  Can anyone suggest any flavors--would it be a savory or sweet BBQ sauce?  The dressing is sweet but slightly spicy.

I would think savory. Mango is already sweet....a sweet BBQ sauce would overwhelm the mixture rather than complement the sweetness of the fruit.

#3 of 3 Old 06-11-2011, 06:43 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks, 2xy!  A friend suggested a vinegar-based BBQ sauce rather than a thicker sauce, so I am going to see what is available at the store tomorrow.  I hope I can approximate it on my first try!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page