Help on choosing prenatal vitamins. - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 10 Old 08-05-2011, 08:28 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I have been searching for some natural prenatal vitamins on the internet. I have never tried any of these. I would like your thoughts on which might be the best choice. Any other suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks!

Mother to Be: http://www.nutritiongeeks.com/mother-to-be-180/mother-to-be.html

Garden of Life : http://gardenoflife.com/ProductsforLife/THEVITAMINCODEsupsup/MultivitaminFormulas/RAWPrenatal/tabid/1823/Default.aspx

Bebe-O: http://www.bebe-o.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/label_big.jpg  

#2 of 10 Old 08-05-2011, 05:49 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I took New Chapter Perfect Prenatal with both of my kids.  I really like that it is organic, whole food and certified non-gmo. I am not a fan of Garden of Life at all, they had a whole issue with labeling their product vegan for years when the whole time the source of the D3 was animal. They have since changed their labels, but it makes them totally un-trustworthy to me. 

#3 of 10 Old 08-07-2011, 10:07 PM

I had a hard time with anything but kids vitamins...I took kids gummy vitamins a few times a day...

Mom to two terrific kiddos, affirming every day that the Universe is unfolding as it should and all is well...

#4 of 10 Old 08-08-2011, 10:47 AM

I've been taking the Rainbow Light prenatal for the past 3 years and have never had any trouble with it -- I'm the only person I know whose vitamins didn't exacerbate morning sickness, for example. 

I'm traveling the world with my kids without ever leaving home and blogging about it -- watch, taste, and share our adventures at TheGlobalStayCation.com!
#5 of 10 Old 12-28-2011, 08:52 PM

I took Rainbow Light prenatals. They worked well for me, I never had any negative issues with them. 

slingtwin.gif Mummy to DS1, 3, hola.gif twins DD and DS2, and wife to DH asl.gif

#6 of 10 Old 02-08-2012, 10:12 PM

I know I'm a bit late to the party, but the midwives I have worked with really like New Chapter Perfect Prenatal.  (I am an almost-midwife.)  I also really like that's it's made from whole foods, etc.  I consider Rainbow Light another solid choice for those who want something a bit cheaper.

#7 of 10 Old 02-22-2012, 06:46 PM

I have used both Rainbow Light (a more affordable option) and Garden of Life Prenatal in both of my pregnancies. I much prefer the Garden of Life. I feel like it's a little better quality and it didn't make me sick at all. But the Rainbow Light is what I am using now because of financial reasons and it does just fine.

#8 of 10 Old 02-25-2012, 02:03 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)

I have always used the Rainbow Lite prenatls when preggo and the regular ones when not:) If swallowing the pill makes you sick you can get a pill crusher and sprinkle the powder into a glass of lemon water (supposed to help with morning sickness) or in a cup of red raspberry leaf or nettle infusion.

be good family...

#9 of 10 Old 03-05-2012, 03:34 PM

Location: A state whose Medicaid does not cover circumcision! :)

i love my garden of life raw prenatals!!  and their soy is fermented so it doesnt have the anti-nutrients that other products might have.  they never made me sick or constipated throughtout my whole pregnancy and i ended up with a 9lb 5oz baby (I ate very good too) and dh and i are both small.  im still taking it while breastfeeding.  i highly recommend it

#10 of 10 Old 05-02-2012, 03:30 PM

I use Dr. Schultze's SuperFood 100s. 

I am a huge fan of his.  This is the first pregnancy I have used his products (his vitamins, and his Formula #1 for a healthy bowel) and it is the BEST feeling pregnancy I have ever had.  Honestly, the only time I got really sick this time was the one time I forget to take the vitamins.

Dr. Schultze is a huge vegan BTW.  He cured his heart condition by becoming a vegan in his teens.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page