Vegan Ranch - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 10 Old 08-07-2011, 08:49 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I need a good As Close To Ranch As Humanly Possible dressing. Dd used to eat all kinds of raw veggies with ranch but won't eat them now without it (since we gave it up when we started eating vegan at home). 

I tried doing a recipe that is cashew based and she won't touch it. 

She is very sensitive to flavors and textures so I'm actually looking for something store bought, most likely, though I'll take your best recipes too!

Any recommendations on brands of vegan ranch worth eating?

We think greenearth.gif  Gentle mama to 3 amazing kiddos. Rainbow.gif Recovering from religion. heartbeat.gif

LIFEschooling. upsidedown.gif Extended NAKing. winner.jpg Graduated cloth diaperer. cd.gif

#2 of 10 Old 08-07-2011, 10:05 PM

I like this one....http://cleangreensimple.com/2011/04/vegan-ranch-dressing/ - though I prefer real garlic to the powder...

Mom to two terrific kiddos, affirming every day that the Universe is unfolding as it should and all is well...

#3 of 10 Old 08-16-2011, 04:52 PM

My DH created the most delicious version of vegan ranch but it's VERY loose, so I don't have measurements for you, just ingredient lists.  But it's very easy to customize and omni's ask us to bring it to parties, so it's really good!  OK, start with Vegenaise.  Add a big dollop to the bowl, then add some Wildwood unsweetened plain soy yogurt. (less than the mayo)  Then mix in a bit of onion powder, garlic powder and dried herbs (parsley, dill and anything else you like).  A touch of lemon juice and here's the kicker (we don't know why): a splash of Annie's Shiitake Sesame dressing.  Sometimes we throw in a pinch of vegan parmesan, too.  It's really great and satisfies my craving for ranch every time!  If you can find the  Follow Your Heart brand Ranch Dressing, it's very good.  But not available everywhere!

vegan yogini, home-birthing, CDing, part-time ECing, BFing, sleepless but still relatively sane Mama to Oliver Blue 4/25/10
#4 of 10 Old 08-17-2011, 02:23 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

I have had luck using pre-made ranch dressing packets (you can also make your own, All Recipes will have recipes for that) only instead of using sour cream or mayo, using vegan mayo or Tofutti products ~you can experiment using the vegan cream cheese mixed with vegan mayo or soy/rice/oat cream, or blend some silken tofu instead, etc..until you get the consistency and flavor right. You could also just follow any of the ranch dressing recipes (I mean the ones that use fresh ingredients rather than dried) on AllRecipes and use vegan replacement products or blended silken tofu for the sour cream and mayo. Good luck, let us know how it turns out!

Mama since 2010
Multicultural living in Europe
#5 of 10 Old 08-17-2011, 10:22 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugahbee View Post

My DH created the most delicious version of vegan ranch but it's VERY loose, so I don't have measurements for you, just ingredient lists.  But it's very easy to customize and omni's ask us to bring it to parties, so it's really good!  OK, start with Vegenaise.  Add a big dollop to the bowl, then add some Wildwood unsweetened plain soy yogurt. (less than the mayo)  Then mix in a bit of onion powder, garlic powder and dried herbs (parsley, dill and anything else you like).  A touch of lemon juice and here's the kicker (we don't know why): a splash of Annie's Shiitake Sesame dressing.  Sometimes we throw in a pinch of vegan parmesan, too.  It's really great and satisfies my craving for ranch every time!  If you can find the  Follow Your Heart brand Ranch Dressing, it's very good.  But not available everywhere!

I might try this. The Annie's dressing has wheat in it, which means I could only use it for dd and not for anyone else. But it would be better than nothing!

I might try experimenting too, to get a GF result, with some of the ideas you all have given me. Back to the drawing board!

We think greenearth.gif  Gentle mama to 3 amazing kiddos. Rainbow.gif Recovering from religion. heartbeat.gif

LIFEschooling. upsidedown.gif Extended NAKing. winner.jpg Graduated cloth diaperer. cd.gif

#6 of 10 Old 08-26-2011, 03:41 PM

I can't believe that nobody mentioned the Organicville vegan Ranch! Its sooo good! Its gluten free too!

http://organicvillefoods.com/products/dressings/non-dairy-ranch-organic-dressing/

#7 of 10 Old 08-27-2011, 02:46 PM

i think this one is pretty close:

Vegan Ranch Dressing

By Spiral Diner

Dairy-free ranch dressing recipes are all over the internet and in cookbooks, but this is our go-to version.

What You Need:

• 1/2 cup Nayonaise
  • 1/2 cup Veganaise
  • 1/4 cup soymilk
  • 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
  • 2 rounded teaspoons fresh parsley, chopped
  • 1-1/2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
  • 1/4 teaspoon dill

What You Do:
Place all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Toss with a salad, serve with crudités, or use as a dip for pizza.

http://www.vegnews.com/web/articles/page.do?pageId=1444&catId=112

#8 of 10 Old 09-17-2011, 08:38 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmysticprincessx View Post

I can't believe that nobody mentioned the Organicville vegan Ranch! Its sooo good! Its gluten free too!

http://organicvillefoods.com/products/dressings/non-dairy-ranch-organic-dressing/

I tried this one and thought it just tasted like Veganaise. My taster must be off! 

#9 of 10 Old 03-09-2012, 05:57 PM

Organicville vegan Ranch is thin and taste gross. Don't waste your money.

#10 of 10 Old 03-11-2012, 07:46 AM

Organicville Vegan Ranch:   I like this one as well. It is quite thin, but it won over my Ranch-loving partner :)

I've really wanted to try this one because I've heard great things about it, but they don't carry it around here yet:  http://www.followyourheart.com/products/vegan-ranch/

S~ Peace loving, natural living, FuNkY vegan mama to Keiran bouncy.gif 23/Dec/06:
"Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter" ~~ MLK

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page