Ideas for foods WITHOUT fiber - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 03-04-2012, 09:34 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)

My husband has to have a colonoscopy (yup, we're that old.) For a day he has to eat food without fiber. I am clueless as to what to feed him. He was as dumbfounded as I was when I showed him what it said on the instruction sheet (he hadn't looked at it closely.) He said, "But this is what I eat." He can't even eat garlic. I guess it's a statement on what most people eat that it gives examples of what you can't eat, but not what you can eat. 

Anyway, I'm clueless what to feed him. Aside from being vegetarian, out house is gluten and cane sugar free. (Only dairy is milk for my husband and son and a bit of parmesan and randomly swiss cheese.) 

So far the only thing I've come up with is white rice crackers. I guess I could make him some white rice. Though other than tamari and sesame oil, I couldn't do much with it that I know of. I suppose I could put egg in it.

Any suggestions?

Also, he has to be on clear liquids for a day as well. I've got veggie broth in the freezer, but I'm not sure what else to get. The filtered fruit juices just seem so gross. I certainly won't do jello. Any ideas on clear liquids?

Created an instant family (7/89 and 5/91) in 1997. Made a baby boy 12/05 adopted a baby girl 8/08. Ask me about tandem adoptive nursing. Now living as gluten, dairy, cane sugar, and tomato free vegetarians. Homeschooling and loving it.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-05-2012, 09:19 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hmm. . well, for clear liquids - light herb teas (ie. chamomile), I've usually done white grape juice & apple juices.  Miso soup might be ok (we might've eaten that ourselves, straining out veggies, when having to do clear liquids).  You can make kanten with agar-agar & juice (like jello, but with seaweed).  

Fiber-free is tricky. . . I'm not sure where potatoes or nuts fall in that - maybe peeled potatoes and check on the nuts?

I found this information that says potatoes are okay and might have a few other ideas for you, too.  

Old 03-05-2012, 01:38 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks. I'll check out that link.

Created an instant family (7/89 and 5/91) in 1997. Made a baby boy 12/05 adopted a baby girl 8/08. Ask me about tandem adoptive nursing. Now living as gluten, dairy, cane sugar, and tomato free vegetarians. Homeschooling and loving it.

Old 03-05-2012, 01:40 PM - Thread Starter

Good link. I think I'll make him homemade hasbrowns--without the onions, peppers, garlic, etc.

Tags
Vegan , Vegetarian
User Tag List