Dairy free, soy free coffee creamer? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 03-27-2012, 02:22 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)

I purchased SO Delicious brand coconut milk coffee creamer but it has some ingredients that I could probably do without.

Any other suggestions? Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 7 Old 03-31-2012, 12:08 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I've seen something called Mimicreme that has piqued my curiosity. It's not refridgerated before you open it. It's sold on the same aisle as all the soy and almond milks that don't need refridgeration. I have yet to try it though. 

Cindy

Mama to my veggie girl hearts.gif(1/09) and my sweet rainbow baby rainbow1284.gif (9/12). 

#3 of 7 Old 03-31-2012, 12:26 PM

How about just plain coconut milk? Thai Kitchen makes a nice full-fat kind in the cans--very creamy! It won't look as light-colored as creamer when mixed into your coffee but it tastes delicious.
#4 of 7 Old 04-07-2012, 07:10 AM

The so delicious coconut creamer is the best I've found. I can't live without that stuff, lol. 

Claire, book reading, tree loving, coffee drinking wife to K, and happy SAHM to ds G Feb '09 home birth, dd C ~ free birthed June '11, and now a new lil surprise due October 2012 joy.gif

#5 of 7 Old 04-09-2012, 08:53 AM

I have been using the Mimiccreme and absolutely love it. It's fabulous! It is nut based - almond and cashew, I believe. They make it sweetened and unsweetened - usually get the unsweetened. Can be used in recipes, too. They also make a whipped topping product called Healthy Top. I discovered it around the holidays last year. It is also fabulous and 'whips' up just like real cream. So good... making me hungry for some fresh organic strawberries with Healthy Top!... eat.gif LOL!

I don't miss the dairy when using them.

GL

HTH

www.mimiccreme.com

All natural sahm to dd1(12yo) and dd2(6yo). Married 16 years.

Time for the Master Tonic! thumb.gif

#6 of 7 Old 04-09-2012, 09:25 AM

I felt the same way you did about the So Delicious creamer, so I started making my own about a week ago. Here is a link to the recipes I found:

http://deliciouslyorganic.net/homemade-dairy-free-sugar-free-coffee-creamer-recipe/

treehugger.gifhippie.gifhomeschool.gifnamaste.gifnovaxnocirc.gifcrochetsmilie.gifblahblah.gifenergy.gifgoorganic.jpggd.gifteapot2.GIFbftoddler.giffamilybed2.gif

#7 of 7 Old 04-17-2012, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeMoon View Post

The so delicious coconut creamer is the best I've found. I can't live without that stuff, lol. 

I just wanted to add that I just tried this stuff the other day and thought it was great! Not quite my mimiccreme favorite, but a really close second, imo. LOL! So nice to have options! teapot2.GIF

All natural sahm to dd1(12yo) and dd2(6yo). Married 16 years.

Time for the Master Tonic! thumb.gif

Tags
Vegetarian

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page