#61 of 146 Old 07-01-2012, 08:16 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeerMother View Post

Thanks, FitMommy!

You're very welcome! ;)

Tonight we'll be having pizza and since I'm still cooking with the vegan slow cooker book by Kathy Hester, I'm currently having the onion balsamic marmalade in the CP. It smells divine and I'm hoping it'll work well on my pizza! :)

~*Val*~ Vegan SAHM to DD (2/02) DS (7/05) 6x and wife to my best friend.
#62 of 146 Old 07-01-2012, 12:55 PM

I'm going to try these quinoa and tempeh tacos tonight.

http://www.cookingquinoa.net/chipotle-quinoa-tacos?utm_source=Cooking+Quinoa&utm_campaign=9862a40535-Quinoa+Burger+Roundup&utm_medium=email

I've never made them yet but they look good.  I am getting tired of bean tacos and I have a bunch of quinoa and tempeh to use up.

#63 of 146 Old 07-01-2012, 03:36 PM

This wee'k's plan is pretty boring so far since I need to go shopping but I am trying to put it off.

Spaghetti with sausage

Big salads with chik'n patties

Fried rice, sesame noodles, and egg rolls

Seitan, green beans and red potatoes

Bean tacos/buritos (maybe with a bit of leftover seitan chopped up too)

Cheryl, wife to an amazing man, homeschooling SAHM to Gavin 12/03, Rhys 09/06, and Ian Aug 11, 2010.

#64 of 146 Old 07-02-2012, 05:31 AM

Today it'll be Italian Eggplant Casserole with cashew-tofu ricotta (CP) and ww pasta; maybe some dinner rolls as well.. I might make some quickly with the bread machine..

Tomorrow I might make the All-from-the-Pantry Pot pie (also in the CP), not sure yet!

Wednesday we'll have friends come over for a BBQ (all omnis), so I'll prep some black bean burgers for DD and myself and just have a nice colorful bean/rice salad or something ready. I might make some 'cheezecake bites' for dessert (recipe on my blog somewhere *lol*).

#65 of 146 Old 07-02-2012, 06:49 AM

This weekend we had a wedding and traveling and Canada Day so not much cookings been happening. Thursday night I made channa masala and indian fried rice. Fri we split a frozen pizza and had a huge salad. We did some eating out on the way to and from the wedding. Thai and breakfasts.

I'm so ready to start cooking at home again...need to go grocery shopping and clean so I'm sure by the time I've done that I won't want to cookwinky.gif

mommy daddy son daughter = our family
#66 of 146 Old 07-02-2012, 10:25 AM

Well.. turns out I forgot to plug the CP in!!!innocent.gif I only realized it in the late afternoon (all the while wondering why there's no cooking smell in my kitchen/house like I usually get from CP cooking *DUH*)... It'll be ready tonight before we go to bed so it'll be dinner for tomorrow! For tonight I simply made regular linguini with some marinara sauce and the dinner rolls...

#67 of 146 Old 07-02-2012, 06:59 PM

I made the chickpea and tahini casserole for lunch today. It's a great end-of-the-month/pantry dish, imo. I did follow several of the mods listed in the reviews.

FitMOmmyOf2 likes this.

Single mama to two wild and sweet toddlers 2/08
#68 of 146 Old 07-03-2012, 04:10 PM

As it turns out not a single grocery store was open last night...sigh. So we got a few things frm the farmers markets around and dh grabbed a couple things frm the grocery store this am...hopefully do a real shop on friday

Last night we had grilled zuke,eggplant,mushrooms and potatoes frm the bottom of the fridge and a kidney bean corn salad and a tossed salad

Tonight the kids had rice noodles w tomato sauce and chickpeas and a tossed salad. I made dh and I a vegan thrown together pesto with sundried tomatoes and sunflower seeds. I don't dig on regular tomato sauce and the pesto turned out amazing

#69 of 146 Old 07-03-2012, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeerMother View Post

I made the chickpea and tahini casserole for lunch today. It's a great end-of-the-month/pantry dish, imo. I did follow several of the mods listed in the reviews.

I just pinned the recipe. Sounds interesting. Anyone else a Pinterest junkie Sheepish.gif

Cheryl, wife to an amazing man, homeschooling SAHM to Gavin 12/03, Rhys 09/06, and Ian Aug 11, 2010.

#70 of 146 Old 07-06-2012, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maciascl View Post

I just pinned the recipe. Sounds interesting. Anyone else a Pinterest junkie Sheepish.gif

LOL, I can get caught up in Pinterest, but I try to limit my online time, so I often just quickly pin something and done. 

We have too much leftover food still from our 4th of July BBQ; tons of baked beans and salad plus some other leftovers from the day before. Yesterday I quickly made herb-spiced polenta bites, so I think we'll just clean the fridge out by eating what's available! Can't say I'm sad not having to cook today! whistling.gif

#71 of 146 Old 07-07-2012, 09:21 AM

We went shopping yest. Got a massive container of mushrooms on the discount rack lol.

Last nite we had tofu kabobs and tons of mushrooms on the grill

Tonight were going to a friends house and I know I'm taking a carrot salad not sure what else

Sun is vegan mushroom stroganoff(sp) on egg noodles

#72 of 146 Old 07-09-2012, 08:09 AM

What's everyone's plans for this week? I'm a bit clueless right now.. On one hand I'd like to use my CP book still but at the same time I want to use another one.. eyesroll.gif

#73 of 146 Old 07-09-2012, 11:09 AM

Our fridge died and it will be another few days before it's repaired so we've been eating out WAY too much.  

Sigh...

Two moms and two boys enjoying the truth that love always wins!!!  joy.gifjoy.gifpartners.gif

#74 of 146 Old 07-09-2012, 01:54 PM

Tonight is just a simple tofu stirfry on rice. Making extra rice for fried rice later this week

Veggie kidney bean shepards pie

Homemade pizza with eggplant zuke olives mushrooms...if I have any left from the massive box
Udon noodles some way-prob pb sauce and veggies

Miso soup w rice noodles

Some of these are lunches as well for the next few days. I've really got to plan out more meals using kidney beans....sadly my son wont do chili :(

#75 of 146 Old 07-19-2012, 06:46 AM

Lately we've done

pineapple fried rice

kidney bean pasta

gazpacho

kidney bean salad

grilled veggies

Tonight is a lentil,brown rice and pea salad with tons of herbs from the garden and pickle salad

It's been a killer heat wave and the kids haven't felt much like eating so grocery shopping sunday is going to be a lot of hummus and snack type food(carrots sticks ect)

#76 of 146 Old 07-19-2012, 09:59 AM

My plan this week:

rasta pasta (pasta w/steamed veggies, a maple sauce, hemp seeds, garbanzos, olives, herbs)

lentil soup w/dumplings

sweet potato buckwheat w/raisins and herbs

portobello mushroom cheesesteaks

persian crisp safron rice - haven't decided what to serve with it

BBQ (not sure what yet)

Cindy

Mama to my veggie girl hearts.gif(1/09) and my sweet rainbow baby rainbow1284.gif (9/12). 

#77 of 146 Old 07-19-2012, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegan Princess View Post

rasta pasta (pasta w/steamed veggies, a maple sauce, hemp seeds, garbanzos, olives, herbs)

portobello mushroom cheesesteaks

Do you have recipes for these?

We are trying to eat mostly from our garden, so tonight we had...

blackberries - just plain.  We are getting sick of them plain and in smoothies and I have a lot frozen.  I need to find some blackberry recipes.

grilled corn on the cob

a diced salad of cucumbers, carrots, yellow squash and edamame with an olive oil and balsamic vinaigrette

mushroom ravioli in olive oil

#78 of 146 Old 07-19-2012, 09:29 PM

dbsam: Mmmm your fresh salad sounds really yummy to me right now! And blackberry pie and blackberry cobler both come to mind. :-) As for the recipes. I'll just wing them here. The rasta pasta is from "Vegan Fusion World Cuisine". The portobello cheesesteaks are from Goodhousekeeping's Vegetarian Meals.

Pasta:

3 cups spiral pasta

3 cups of steamed veggies (broc, squash, etc)

1/2 cup chopped peppers of dif colors

1/4 c hemp seeds

3 tbsp kalmata olives

2tbsp parsley

2tbsp basil

1 tsp minced garlic

1 tsp shoyu

I added a can of garbanzos for extra protein

1 cup maple balsamic dressing: 1/4c olive oil, 1/3 c water, 1/8c balsamic, 2 tbsp maple syrup and 1 tbsp shoyu

Cheesesteaks:

Saute 2 chopped portobellos, 2 sliced yellow peppers and a jumbo sweet onion. Place on pocketless pita breads. Cover with shredded mozarella and pop in the oven until cheese is melted. Fold in half and then the recipe says to wrap the bottom half with tin foil to catch all the runny liquid. 

Enjoy. :-)

Cindy

Mama to my veggie girl hearts.gif(1/09) and my sweet rainbow baby rainbow1284.gif (9/12). 

#79 of 146 Old 07-19-2012, 10:28 PM

Vegan Princess,

Thanks!  I will make those recipes for my family and will check out those books.

I am supposed to be gluten free  so I will need to try not to eat them.  Like tonight...I didn't eat the whole wheat mushroom ravioli - it is difficult.

Are hemp seeds the same as hemp hearts?  I hope so because I have a huge container of hemp hearts and would like to find new ways to eat them. i used to put them on yogurt but I am now dairy free too.

#80 of 146 Old 07-19-2012, 10:41 PM

DBsam: Just use gluten free pasta. There are enough other flavors that I doubt anyone would care too much. You could probably also do the cheesesteaks on a corn tortilla for yourself. I had never heard of hemp hearts but I just googled it and I think they are indeed the seeds. Another thing I use them for is to make hemp milk shakes. I used to just blend water, banana, hemp seeds, raw cacao. Now I use milk instead of water (you could use almost milk). I also like to add fresh figs. I make this for my 3 yr old daily now - gets the figs and banana and hemp seeds into her and she sucks it down like it's a huge crazy treat! She won't touch fruit unless I make a smoothie, milk share or fresh juice for her. 

Oh and I adore these muffins. I'm not convinced the good quality of the hemp isn't lost by cooking it though. I'm sure you could sub gluten free flour for the white flour in them.

http://vegandad.blogspot.com/2008/10/protein-power-muffins.html

#81 of 146 Old 07-19-2012, 11:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegan Princess View Post

DBsam: Just use gluten free pasta. There are enough other flavors that I doubt anyone would care too much. You could probably also do the cheesesteaks on a corn tortilla for yourself. I had never heard of hemp hearts but I just googled it and I think they are indeed the seeds. Another thing I use them for is to make hemp milk shakes. I used to just blend water, banana, hemp seeds, raw cacao. Now I use milk instead of water (you could use almost milk). I also like to add fresh figs. I make this for my 3 yr old daily now - gets the figs and banana and hemp seeds into her and she sucks it down like it's a huge crazy treat! She won't touch fruit unless I make a smoothie, milk share or fresh juice for her. 

Oh and I adore these muffins. I'm not convinced the good quality of the hemp isn't lost by cooking it though. I'm sure you could sub gluten free flour for the white flour in them.

http://vegandad.blogspot.com/2008/10/protein-power-muffins.html

Thanks for all the info!

I make my children smoothies daily and will need to try your recipe.  We use a lot of coconut milk in smoothies, they love it.   We also use cacao powder or nibs.

One of my children's favorite smoothies right now is:  coconut milk or chocolate almond milk, cacao powder, banana, whey protein powder and dark cherries.

Actually I am not supposed to eat corn either and I need to keep my carbs low.  Much of these changes are new and it has been really difficult - I have fallen off the GF, DF, corn free, etc...diet lately.  But on the days I follow it, I feel much better so that s/b motivation enough.

#82 of 146 Old 07-20-2012, 09:40 AM

Wow, gluten free would be tough w/out corn! It's tough anyway! Cherries sound so yum in the shake. I have some - I'm going to try that today!!

Cindy

#83 of 146 Old 07-21-2012, 09:52 AM

Dh and I went out to dinner last night and he's not home tonight so I think it'll be a quick dinner for the kids and I. Thinking the leftover mushroom stroganoff frm last week that I froze.

Grocery shopping is happening this weekend so I've got to make a plan asap lol

#84 of 146 Old 07-22-2012, 04:35 AM

We're having the chili cornbread pie from 500 Vegan Recipes. Yesterday's dinner was grilled tempeh and Veganomicon Cesar's Salad.

hh2.gif

#85 of 146 Old 07-22-2012, 05:21 PM

Tonight was watermelon/arugula/red onion salad with feta, lime juice and balsamic...yummy!  DS ate watermelon and a quesadilla w/ kale, squash and rio zape beans.

Two moms and two boys enjoying the truth that love always wins!!!  joy.gifjoy.gifpartners.gif

#86 of 146 Old 07-24-2012, 07:38 PM

Sunday we went to the farmers market and blueberry picking....were LOADED with tomatoes!!!!!

Went to my gmas sunday and we had grilled tofu,corn on the cob,sauteed green beans with mushrooms and greek salad

Yest was refried black bean tacos

Today was homemade pizza

Other things planned:

Black bean/salsa soup w dumplings topped with guac

Green onion pancakes w cold spring rolls and possibly lemon egg drop soup

Roasted tomato pasta w zuke and basil

Tomorrow is my birthday so not much cooking will be done thumb.gif

#87 of 146 Old 07-25-2012, 10:10 AM

Caismommy: Can you post the recipe for lemon egg drop soup? I adore egg drop soup but it's almost always done w/chicken broth.

Cindy

#88 of 146 Old 07-25-2012, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maciascl View Post

Yes! PM if you are interested in following each other.

Single mama to two wild and sweet toddlers 2/08
#89 of 146 Old 07-25-2012, 05:26 PM

Tonight is hakubaku organic udon noodles with organic broccoli, mushrooms, cashews, liquid aminos, a bit of coconut oil and some nutritional yeast.  We eat this at least once a week. haha!

For smoothies I love raw cacao powder too, I do one everyday with a banana, 2.5 tablespoons raw cacao powder, two tablespoons of nutiva organic hemp protein, and a cup of almond milk (or whatever nut/soy milk you prefer) and a handful of ice cubes. It's really good and lots of iron and protein.

Desiree

#90 of 146 Old 07-25-2012, 05:33 PM

We had the punk rock chickpea gravy from Vegan With A Vengeance over some mashed potatoes (we have a glut of potatoes from our CSA--so I've been trying to use this round up before the next round arrives tomorrow).  Last night I made seitan for the first time (SOOOO easy...I had no clue) and we had bbq seitan sandwiches and tonight I added some of the leftover seitan to my portion of gravy/potato.  

Tomorrow the CSA box comes!  So...we'll have fresh farm veggies sauteed over quinoa for dinner :)  

Tags
Vegan , Vegetarian

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page