Mothering Forum banner

Any vegan parents with two year olds in Berkeley?

Tags
vegan
781 views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Vegan Princess 
#1 ·
Hello:

We are parents of 23.5 month old twins and live in Berkeley, CA. In the past year we began transitioning from vegetarian to vegan (we eat a plant based diet, and try to buy only plant based or synthetic products but have kept our old stuff). We would love to meet other vegan families in the area with children in the same age group.

Debra

#5 ·
Hi,

I'm in Berkeley. I used to be vegan but haven't been since I was pregnant w/my DD who is almost 3.5. She is a lacto-ovo veggie. She is too dependent on milk and cheese and eggs for protein for me to make her vegan. She is SOOOO picky! Won't eat beans, lentils or any fruit. Thankfully she will eat tofu and nuts.

Anyway, I think there is a meetup group on meetup.com for vegan kids in the east bay. Or at least there used to be one - I don't know if it's still active.

Cindy

#6 ·
Thanks Cindy. We are really fortunate that our son and daughter love a variety of foods-- ours started lacto-ovo but are now vegan. I posted something on the meetup site, but have so far only found adult things. Will keep looking. Where in Berkeley are you? Thinking good thoughts about baby #2!

Debra

#7 ·
Thanks Debra! I'm actually 26 weeks pregnant right now. :) We are in North Berkeley. How about you?

Bummer about the meetups. I guess the vegan kids group fizzled out. You could always start another one? For raising my little girl lacto-ovo veggie, I haven't found too much difficulty with food situations as of yet. When she was really little I asked parents not to put out meat, in case she would eat it. But by now, there is no way that child would eat meat! She knows she doesn't eat animals and she doesn't want to, even though my husband has told her she can try meat if she wants. I would imagine it would be more difficult with being vegan when in birthday party situations, etc.

Cindy

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.