What to do with leather boots? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 06-05-2012, 05:29 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)

Im' not sure where else to post this so here it goes. So I'm vegan and have always been. My kids dad's mom sent them leather boots after I specifically said for the umteenth time 'were vegan'. I even told her it was not a good idea to send them. But none the less she sent them. They stink. I'm not sure what to do with them. Should I take them to a thrift store? Sell them on craigslist? Put them here ffs?

be good family...

#2 of 5 Old 06-06-2012, 02:35 AM

You could do any of those things. I would take them to a children's second hand store so I could get credit and with it get something my kids really needed or liked and was vegan.

Mama since 2010
Multicultural living in Europe
#3 of 5 Old 06-06-2012, 09:01 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Sell them on ebay or craigslist and use the $ to get some adorable vegan shoes for your kids. hippie.gif

slingtwin.gif Mummy to DS1, 3, hola.gif twins DD and DS2, and wife to DH asl.gif

#4 of 5 Old 06-07-2012, 06:52 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Ugh, my MIL did this too. THREE pairs of leather boots. But she was so happy about them that I realized I had never specifically told her that my DD and I don't wear leather. I just acted grateful and planned to throw them in the Goodwill pile, but MIL insisted on having a pair at her house so that she could "teach DD to wear boots." headscratch.gif Never mind that I didn't want hard-soled shoes for DD until two or so. So I just kept them and planned to explain our policy to her before more leathery gifts came along. 

I agree with P.J. Take them and get credit for them somewhere and swap them out for something else. 

Breastfeeding, cloth diapering, vegetarian, working mama treehugger.gif to DD shamrocksmile.gif (10/2010) and wife to a wonderful, opinionated DH Cuss.gif. We loveteapot2.GIF knit.gifreading.gif  trekkie.gif and ourdog2.gif.

#5 of 5 Old 06-07-2012, 01:05 PM - Thread Starter

I guess I'll try to find a consignment store!

be good family...

Tags
Vegan

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page