getting kids to eat fruit and veg isn't easy........ - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 09-06-2012, 08:32 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

My son was exactly the same and dips are a great idea for now, but maybe you should slowly introducing him to fruit and veg. We haven't got a very big garden its tiny in fact but i brought a few seeds we grew carrots, potatoes, cabbage and lettuce and he loved watering it and watching it all grow and then he couldn't wait to eat it and try what he'd made. Another thing that really encouraged him was I brought this blackboard that had pictures of veg on and asked them to draw their favourite and he really enjoyed doing that and he learnt all the names it was a great learning process. 

He eats veg every day now so dont give up :) 

Good Luck x

I couldn't upload a picture of the blackboard but if you follow the link you will find it! 

https://www.chalkboardsuk.co.uk/buy/homeandleisure/childrens-blackboards/wc098-veg-blackboard/

#2 of 3 Old 09-24-2012, 02:50 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I think if the fruits and veggies are presented on the plate in a child-like way, it can be really successful. A friend of mine became really creative with that preparing a carrot-pie-banana face or the like. It helped her very much.

#3 of 3 Old 09-24-2012, 02:12 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)

I don't see why it can't be - my 10mo DD eats nothing but veggies!  Granted she will shove anything in her mouth you put in front of her, but I don't opt for junky convience foods.  I had someone at a party ask if she could have a potato chip - she was 8mos at the time and I said absolutely not!  My nurse friend feeds her 4 children the following:  chips, meat (always processed like chicken nuggets or ground beef), french fries, soda, and one kid will eat yogurt.  Really?!  She tells me how she wishes her kids would eat something different while she opens yet another bag of chips!  If you eat healthy, so will your kids.  I have a friend who, desperate to get her son (who she didn't raise on healthy foods) to drink a green smoothie, told him it was frog slime...he asks for one every morning now.  Now DH on the other hand.....I may have to chain him to the chair until he starves enough that he has no choice but to eat more veggies....thank god he's not in charge of feeding the baby!

Tags
Vegetarian

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page