What's for dinner? Fall to winter thread - Page 4 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#91 of 103 Old 02-22-2013, 01:40 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Last night we had another house showing so it was veggie dogs and sweet potato fries with some raw veg.

The kids are gone for the weekend so dh and I are enjoying things the kids don't really dig on lol

Tonight is falafel wraps with homemade garlic hummus and veggies. Tons of hot sauce

Tomorrow is Carribean rice and peas(which they ate the last time so I may make extra to freeze

I only did a teeny grocery shop for next week so I got to sit and meal plan soon confused.gif

mommy daddy son daughter = our family
#92 of 103 Old 02-25-2013, 04:39 PM

Sat dh and I were under the weather so we didn't have anything.

Last night we had the leftover falafel with roasted potatoes and cauliflower and a huge bowl of salad

Tonight I made a slow cooker black bean soup with crackers and chips my mil had leftover from a party. We had a plate of cut up veggies with it

Tomorrow were having curry with the leftover roasted veggies from Sunday. We love curry night

#93 of 103 Old 02-28-2013, 08:52 AM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)

Last night was penne with roasted red pepper / ricotta sauce and steamed broccoli.  Easy and yummy!

Mom to DD heartbeat.gif (04.21.13)   DS blahblah.gif (8 years old) and DSD energy.gif(10 years old) and 2 dog2.gif and 2cat.gif
#94 of 103 Old 03-03-2013, 05:29 AM

We had tacos a couple of nights ago with all the trimmings.

Last night we watched The Little Rascals and had a "snack dinner" The kids fave way to eat.

Dinner tonight is lasagna/salad/garlic bread I'm taking to a friend who had a baby last weekstillheart.gif

#95 of 103 Old 03-03-2013, 03:14 PM

we are having this tonight. it smells yummy. i added veggies and chickpeas, because it looks like we have two allergic to soy here...

http://onceamonthmom.com/slow-cooker-coconut-tofu-curry/

Also planning to do a few more of her recipes since they look right up my alley. I want to be a freezer mom but the truth is i just love fresh foods. We do need to stockpile some as i am due in early may. I cannot believe how many pregnant mommies we have on here right now.

I am also planning a copycat sandwich from a local restaurant with fresh mozz, arugula and balsamic....
 but mostly really boring stuff like taco salad, homemade hummus and veggies, eggs in a nest, soup and salad. Too big and tired to do much else.

In love with their dad . mom to (dd 5/20/07)notes.gif, and (ds 3/27/09)moon.gif ,and (dd 5/9/11) love.gif, and (ds 5/14/13) nak.gif

#96 of 103 Old 03-05-2013, 07:14 AM

Last night was slow cooker sloppy lentils. Ds and Dh had theirs on a bun,I had mine in leftover taco shells from a few nights ago. Dds wouldn't touch theirs eyesroll.gif

Tonight I'm making a squash and asparagus laska soup based on a Jamie Oliver 15 min recipe. Sesame street just sung a song about how great asparagus is so we'll see if that will help someeat.gif

#97 of 103 Old 03-09-2013, 05:13 AM

Last night I made lentil loaf/mashed potatoes/roasted cauliflower/green bean mushroom saute and an amazing arugala asparagus avocado and orange salad. So yummy.

Tonight is a baked butternut squash mac and not-cheese and a beet/asparagus and orange salad. We'll see if the kids eat the mac and not-cheese eyesroll.gif

#98 of 103 Old 03-11-2013, 01:30 PM

Last night I made these Buddha Bowls served over quinoa and some baby spinach that needed to be used up.  Now DS is a good eater, but I expected him to balk at this.  Guess he was hungry from soccer practice because he asked for seconds!

Pretty yummy; although I didn't have nutritional yeast for the dressing.  I assume I can get that at Whole Foods?  What section of the store?

http://ohsheglows.com/2013/03/05/roasted-buddha-bowl/

Mom to DD heartbeat.gif (04.21.13)   DS blahblah.gif (8 years old) and DSD energy.gif(10 years old) and 2 dog2.gif and 2cat.gif
#99 of 103 Old 03-12-2013, 07:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kate&Joey View Post

Last night I made these Buddha Bowls served over quinoa and some baby spinach that needed to be used up.  Now DS is a good eater, but I expected him to balk at this.  Guess he was hungry from soccer practice because he asked for seconds!

Pretty yummy; although I didn't have nutritional yeast for the dressing.  I assume I can get that at Whole Foods?  What section of the store?

http://ohsheglows.com/2013/03/05/roasted-buddha-bowl/

Those look super yummy. We get nutritional yeast from the "green" section of our local grocery store. I would assume they'd have them in the whole foods.

Last night we did black beans and rice with tons of veggies and topped with avocado and olives. A huge salad to go with it

Tonight is hasselback potatoes,mini quiches w mushrooms and red peppers,leftover beets and a huge salad again

sarahbeee likes this.

#100 of 103 Old 03-12-2013, 08:18 PM

Everyone is talking about all these great soups--yum yum yum! I love to make soups. My favorite soup cookbook is called 'Wai Lana's Favorite Soups.' It's all vegetarian and has awesome recipes. I've never made a flop from that book - they always come out great. My favorites are the veggie chicken noodle and the creamy cashew soup. Mmmmmm.. Happy cooking everyone! smile.gif
#101 of 103 Old 03-19-2013, 11:41 AM

Last night was chickpea, potato, and tomato stew with sauteed swiss chard; WW naan on the side.  We had some bad storms roll through last night so a comforting soup/stew hit the spot!

#102 of 103 Old 04-04-2013, 10:14 AM

Last night was a cold noodle salad.  Napa cabbage, cucumber, baby spinach, asparagus, and carrots tossed with soba noodles and a sesame-like dressing.  Both DH and DS had seconds.  I'm still amazed that my seven-year old doesn't hesitate on these veggie meals and usually gobbles it all up.  I feel so lucky to have easy eaters to cook for!

#103 of 103 Old 04-14-2013, 06:36 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 171 Post(s)

Sandwich with melted cheddar, pesto, apples, sautted onions and lettuce.  I made mashed turnip for a change from potatoes.  

There is a battle of two wolves inside us.  One is good and the other is evil.  The wolf that wins is the one you feed.

Book and herb loving mama to 1 preteen and 2 teens (when did that happen?).  We travel, go to school, homeschool, live rurally, eat our veggies, spend too much time...

Tags
Vegan , Vegetarian

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page