Gluten Free and Vegan/Vegetarian? - Mothering Forums
Vegetarian and Vegan > Gluten Free and Vegan/Vegetarian?
ceeveg's Avatar ceeveg 10:15 AM 10-23-2013

Does anyone have any favorite GF pre-prepared meals/mock meats/etc. that they can recommend? What about easy, quick recipes for veg/GF?

Thank you! 

USAmma's Avatar USAmma 01:41 AM 10-29-2013

Amy's Kitchen frozen foods! :-) YUM! I find them in my local Kroger's store (Fry's locally).

DianasMama32's Avatar DianasMama32 12:50 PM 12-01-2013
I eat Amy's frozen dinners sometimes. Also they have great soups. For super quick meals we'll have tacos or spaghetti (we use Tinkyada brand of gluten free pasta) or even baked potatoes with a big salad or steamed broccoli on the side. Happy Herbivore has some great recipes that are quick and easy to make. Not all are gluten-free but most can be made gluten-free eat.gif
dauphinette's Avatar dauphinette 04:37 PM 12-01-2013

I love making vegan mac n cheese with either cooked cauliflower, pumpkin or butternut squash as the base for the sauce along with some soaked sunflower seeds or cashews(soak in water to cover at least 3 hours, or overnight) then blend up with lemon juice, garlic, smoked paprika and nutritional yeast with additional to sprinkle over the pasta.  Then just heat sauce and cook pasta and you are done.  This sauce keeps nicely in the fridge for like a week.

I make rice and beans a lot.

stir frys with rice or quinoa

soups that clean out the fridge can be done in a 1/2 hour and I use boxed veg. broth, canned tomato and beans and then whatever veg. I have.  I like to use onion or garlic or both and then go form there.

those are my go to things for fast easy and healthy.

I do get some different veg. burgers that are gluten free from WF.

katieraenall's Avatar katieraenall 10:39 AM 01-31-2014

Hello! My new favorite Gluten Free/Vegetarian pie crust: 1-1/2 cups almond flour and 3 tablespoons butter. Melt the butter and incorporate into the flour to make a large moist ball. Press into 9in pie plate. Bake at 325 for 10ish minutes then add anything delicious!

Such as a quick quiche: Frozen spinach, 4 large eggs, 1 cup shredded cheese (I used gruyere), 1-1/4 cups half&half, 1/4 cup shallots/onion, pinch nutmeg, 1/8tsp cayenne. Combine then add to pie plate heat for 55min at 325. Neither are vegan but great gluten free/vegetarian options!

Also, I love making this quick (and cheap) soup: 6 cups veg stock, 1 cup salsa verde, 2 cans white beans (great northern), corn (optional) combine all and heat on medium. Top with tortilla chips, cilantro, avocado or any other fun topping. 

ceeveg's Avatar ceeveg 08:33 AM 02-03-2014

Thanks so much!

dauphinette's Avatar dauphinette 10:00 PM 02-03-2014

that soup with the beans, broth and salsa verde sounds right up my alley, I think I would add potatoes and call it a hearty meal!

DesireeH's Avatar DesireeH 04:13 PM 02-06-2014

I love lentil tacos with organic corn tortillas topped with avocado or mango salsa. Yum! That's my quick go-to dinner.

Another quickie is red potato, kale, white bean soup in the crockpot.

Tags: Vegetarian , Vegan
Up