Gluten Free and Vegan/Vegetarian? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 10-23-2013, 09:15 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Does anyone have any favorite GF pre-prepared meals/mock meats/etc. that they can recommend? What about easy, quick recipes for veg/GF?

Thank you! 

katieraenall likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 8 Old 10-29-2013, 12:41 AM

Amy's Kitchen frozen foods! :-) YUM! I find them in my local Kroger's store (Fry's locally).

edensmama likes this.

7yo: "Mom,I know which man is on a quarter and which on is on a nickel. They both have ponytails, but one man has a collar and the other man is naked. The naked man was our first president."

#3 of 8 Old 12-01-2013, 11:50 AM

I eat Amy's frozen dinners sometimes. Also they have great soups. For super quick meals we'll have tacos or spaghetti (we use Tinkyada brand of gluten free pasta) or even baked potatoes with a big salad or steamed broccoli on the side. Happy Herbivore has some great recipes that are quick and easy to make. Not all are gluten-free but most can be made gluten-free eat.gif
#4 of 8 Old 12-01-2013, 03:37 PM

I love making vegan mac n cheese with either cooked cauliflower, pumpkin or butternut squash as the base for the sauce along with some soaked sunflower seeds or cashews(soak in water to cover at least 3 hours, or overnight) then blend up with lemon juice, garlic, smoked paprika and nutritional yeast with additional to sprinkle over the pasta.  Then just heat sauce and cook pasta and you are done.  This sauce keeps nicely in the fridge for like a week.

I make rice and beans a lot.

stir frys with rice or quinoa

soups that clean out the fridge can be done in a 1/2 hour and I use boxed veg. broth, canned tomato and beans and then whatever veg. I have.  I like to use onion or garlic or both and then go form there.

those are my go to things for fast easy and healthy.

I do get some different veg. burgers that are gluten free from WF.

#5 of 8 Old 01-31-2014, 09:39 AM

Hello! My new favorite Gluten Free/Vegetarian pie crust: 1-1/2 cups almond flour and 3 tablespoons butter. Melt the butter and incorporate into the flour to make a large moist ball. Press into 9in pie plate. Bake at 325 for 10ish minutes then add anything delicious!

Such as a quick quiche: Frozen spinach, 4 large eggs, 1 cup shredded cheese (I used gruyere), 1-1/4 cups half&half, 1/4 cup shallots/onion, pinch nutmeg, 1/8tsp cayenne. Combine then add to pie plate heat for 55min at 325. Neither are vegan but great gluten free/vegetarian options!

Also, I love making this quick (and cheap) soup: 6 cups veg stock, 1 cup salsa verde, 2 cans white beans (great northern), corn (optional) combine all and heat on medium. Top with tortilla chips, cilantro, avocado or any other fun topping. 

#6 of 8 Old 02-03-2014, 07:33 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks so much!

#7 of 8 Old 02-03-2014, 09:00 PM

that soup with the beans, broth and salsa verde sounds right up my alley, I think I would add potatoes and call it a hearty meal!

#8 of 8 Old 02-06-2014, 03:13 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I love lentil tacos with organic corn tortillas topped with avocado or mango salsa. Yum! That's my quick go-to dinner.

Another quickie is red potato, kale, white bean soup in the crockpot.

Desiree

Tags
Vegetarian , Vegan

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page