Vegetarians that have to kill (graphic) - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 1 Old 02-27-2014, 11:58 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Not a food quandary but a life quandary. Maybe this should be in country living but I'm calling out to my vegetarian kindred spirits. Are you a vegetarian that has killed animals? I've set mouse traps before. I've set live traps that weren't well tended to, sorry 'possum. Didn't know that one was still open.

Now I've gone another level. I have shot an animal that was in a live trap. I had a turkey, rabbit, and chicken that were attacked/dead within a few days. Another rabbit mamed. I was in a rage. I saw a possum on my animal and a coon hanging in the corner of animal pen. I wanted to shoot them then. Came back and coon was gone possum was still there. I could hardly scare that thing off. Tried to scare it into live trap to no avail. I don't think possum is the predator but a scavenger.

Several days later, after no new action in the pen lo and behold a coon in the trap. I consider letting it loose in state park on my way Somewhere else. I find out it's illegal to take over county line. Also kind of scarred of scarred caged animal, I like my fingers. A friend offers to "do the deed to it." "No that's okay. I'm equipped, you loaned me the tools" If I couldn't bring myself to do it I wouldn't want to ask someone else to do it. I wanted to experience it to for some odd reason. I wanted to feel at that level. I had to look at mangled bunny again to get up the gumption. But I took care of it while my little ones slept. I come back to them. I think of innocence. I dream of sleep.

Tags
Vegetarian

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page