Dairy-free/sugar-free dessert for baby - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 05-23-2014, 11:17 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Hi, I posted about this elsewhere, then realized I might get more responses here. I am searching for a dairy-free and sugar-free dessert to serve for my baby's first birthday in June. I am open to using agave as a sweetener. I don't need to completely avoid sweet things (I love sweet things so ultimately that would be too hard!) but I would like to keep them few and far between and the sweet things she does have I would like to be fairly healthy. So Delicious makes some coconut ice cream that is sugar-free and vegan, so we might serve that as well, unless there were some recipe I could use that in. My baby loves bananas, so perhaps something with that? Also, could use eggs (I am sure to get the free range eggs, other than that we are vegan), but don't have to. So many recipes I find either sound too hard to make/find the ingredients for, or call for nuts of some kind. It doesn't have to be a cake, but it could be... Also, she has no teeth! So it has to be pretty easy to eat. Thanks for any suggestions!

I've been with DW , DD1(16), & DD2(12) since '09. Naturally birthed DD3 6/21/13. . Family of five females! LOVE makes a family.
M/C 2/10 ~Ahti Pan, forever in my heart.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-23-2014, 01:44 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)

Frozen bananas or even slices of banana dipped in melted chocolate - Enjoy life is a good dairy/soy/nut free brand chocolate that we like.  You could do a variety of fruits with chocolate for dipping or pre-dip skewers.

Old 05-25-2014, 11:31 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)

This recipe uses only bananas, dates and honey as sweetener but no sugar. It is really yummy and I made it for my son's first birthday...up til then he'd never had anything sweeter than fruit. You can make it as a loaf, cake, or cupcakes. I also added some homemade cream cheese icing on top but it doesn't need it. BTW the flour types given here are for German flour as we live in Germany and I adapted the recipe for our European measurements but the original recipe is American so those measurements are still included. Enjoy!

ETA: Just noticed you didn't want nuts. You could easily leave them out of this and it will still taste awesome!

Mama since 2010
Multicultural living in Europe

Tags
Vegetarian , Vegan
User Tag List