Support: Vegetarian going back to eating meat. (long) - Page 4 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#91 of 96 Old 05-19-2005, 12:56 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am happy the OP has found what works for her and her family.

Still, it's bizarre that counterGOPI dug up such an old thread just to start a debate about veganism.
#92 of 96 Old 05-19-2005, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by earthchick
I am happy the OP has found what works for her and her family.

Still, it's bizarre that counterGOPI dug up such an old thread just to start a debate about veganism.
i didn't 'dig up an old thread to debate' not at all!! i was told about this thread on another board and given the link. I did not realize it was old or anything. Then when I read this thread and saw how negative ppl were being to such a healthy and wise diet,I felt the need to give them the facts and open their eyes up. I don't debate at all,thats not me, I rather anti-confrontational BUT if someone is creating lies about something dear to me I will defend it. Thats all. Simple as that. Im sorry you see what I had to say in defense of reality in such a negative way. BUt,then again, I saw what most posted on this thread as such negativity and down right hatred,so I guess its how you view things and where you stand

p.s. Please go back and read all my posts b/c by your somment its obvious you didn't. i state MANY times in my posts Im not here to debate or anything just to clear up misconceptions.

Waldorf mama to Autumn DD 9/05 and my Spring DD 4/08 Winter baby due 2/11
#93 of 96 Old 05-20-2005, 12:08 AM

Yes, I actually did read all your comments. Stating over and and over that you're not here to debate doesn't make much difference if what you say and how you say it provokes people into debate. A thread was dormant for eight months. Someone new to this forum suddenly bumps it up, proclaiming she is hear to "show people the TRUTH!!!" I'm sorry, I just don't see how that is anything but stirring up a debate, no matter how many smilies you include.

When you write about opening people's eyes and showing them the truth - that's called condescension. Most people don't respond well to it, especially in a forum like this where people are so thoughtful and well-researched.
#94 of 96 Old 05-20-2005, 02:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by earthchick
Yes, I actually did read all your comments. Stating over and and over that you're not here to debate doesn't make much difference if what you say and how you say it provokes people into debate. A thread was dormant for eight months. Someone new to this forum suddenly bumps it up, proclaiming she is hear to "show people the TRUTH!!!" I'm sorry, I just don't see how that is anything but stirring up a debate, no matter how many smilies you include.

When you write about opening people's eyes and showing them the truth - that's called condescension. Most people don't respond well to it, especially in a forum like this where people are so thoughtful and well-researched.
like i said above,but again you did not read, i was told about this thread on another board and it sent me the link, i did not see a date then, only after i responded did i see that it was so old. i did not mean to 'stir up' anything. and YES I WAS ONLY HERE TO OPEN UP OBVIOUSLY VERY SHUT EYES!! sorry if you see that as condenscending...As I've been saying, I don't want to argue,start another thread if you want to bring these kinds of issues up. This thread was for a particular person,not for right vs. wrong,and here YOU are tryig to start a debate.geesh..pot calling the kettle black!!!

Waldorf mama to Autumn DD 9/05 and my Spring DD 4/08 Winter baby due 2/11
#95 of 96 Old 05-20-2005, 10:17 AM

Again I did read. It doesn't matter how you found the thread, it was a dormant thread and your first post to it was condescending and argumentative.

I'm not starting another thread because I'm not trying to bring any issues up. I read this thread b/c the material interested me (as a former vegetarian, briefly a vegan, then fully into the NT way of eating, now now considering veganism again). I'm sure I should have just kept lurking as I usually do, but I couldn't help but comment. I have found the perspectives of people like toraji and Gale Force (both of whom used to be vegan and stopped for health reasons, even though they were doing everything right) very helpful as I have considered a foray into veganism. I have learned from them, as well as from the OP, that there is no one-size-fits-all diet and that some people end up with nutritional deficiencies on what seems to be a very healthy diet. That does not mean that veganism isn't good for some people, yourself included, and possibly me. Their testimonies have been valuable to me as I have been making my own decision about my diet. Your posts - with your zeal to save everyone from nutritional ignorance, your writing in all caps with exclamation points, and your use of language like "opening obviously shut eyes" - have been a turn-off and have not helped the vegan cause in my eyes.

I'm sure you will post again, saying I haven't read, claiming you're not trying to argue, and making another pronouncement about your mission to educate the rest of us. Post away. I am going back to lurking.
#96 of 96 Old 05-20-2005, 12:48 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I am closing this thread. If anyone wants to debate veganism, please start a new thread or take it to pm.

Thanks.

Cathe Olson, author The Vegetarian Mother's Cookbook, Simply Natural Baby Food, and LIck It! Creamy Dreamy Vegan Ice Creams Your Mouth Will Love.  

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page