vegetarian baby munchie ideas - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 07-20-2002, 07:46 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hello sisters, I am looking for some ideas on good EASY vegetarian foods to make so my 9 month old can start experiencing new tastes. She is almost completely breast fed so just some ideas for her to play with. Plus my inlaws tell me we are going to starve her if we dont feed her animal .So if I do some research and get some advice I will be better prepared to give them one of these . So please tell me your veggie baby expirences. peace and love
peacefulmom
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 5 Old 07-20-2002, 09:03 PM

While I'm veg, my dh isn't and my dd now 11mo (!) is occaisionally munching on meat, but is mostly veg too. My munchies I assume you mean finger foods that your baby can pick up herself and play with. There's so much! Where to start? My dd loves: avocado slices, pasta (you can do whole wheat or quinoa based pastas in fun shapes to pick up - even long noodles are fun) steamed broccolli & green beans & carrots, egg yolk, pieces of tortillas or crackers or bread, slices of cheese, pieces of tofu - cooked or un, clumps of rice, globs of soynut butter (a real mess but yummy fun!) can you tell my dd is less fond of fruit? Good luck! I think food adventures are fun! (You know to introduce new foods one at a time, every 4 days or so? Just checking!)
#3 of 5 Old 07-20-2002, 10:27 PM

My toddler is vegan, born and raised. Here's what she was eating at that age.

Organic fruits, organic veggies of all kinds. She couldn't get enough of those fruits and veggies. We were just starting her on grains at that age. So she was eating small pieces of pasta with marinara sauce, blueberry bagels, puffed rice cereal, and stuff like that.
#4 of 5 Old 07-20-2002, 10:35 PM

By about one year, my little monkey was enjoying hummus as a food or a dip ( also messy), olives, oranges (cut into little pieces), grapes, cereals, cheese (don't hate us because we are cheesy :}) and many other foods. You might think about rice made with broth or wheat germ or other additives and make it sticky to pick up. She also loved green beans a lot.

I think I would go to my health food store and tool around at length (leaving JR. at home) and think aobut what's there and what your small person might enjoy.

Nikki
#5 of 5 Old 07-21-2002, 11:49 PM

hummus
mashed avocado
rice pudding
organic graham crackers
homemade pudding
steamed mashed carrots
soups
mashed black beans or pintos
dal
baked yams

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page