veggie mamas unite - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 09-06-2005, 09:58 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Can I make a confession? I am not truly veg. I was vegan for over 10 yrs and have been eating fish lately, for reasons I don't want to go into right now. But I still feel like a veg. This is a source of inner conflict for me. I was over at the what made you switch to eating meat (or something like that) thread and got in I guess over my head being critical of some of those high meat diets that people are talking about these days, and I realize that I really fit in better over here.

Can you still accept me, knowing that I'm a fish killer?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-07-2005, 02:05 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by richella
Can I make a confession? I am not truly veg. I was vegan for over 10 yrs and have been eating fish lately, for reasons I don't want to go into right now. But I still feel like a veg. This is a source of inner conflict for me. I was over at the what made you switch to eating meat (or something like that) thread and got in I guess over my head being critical of some of those high meat diets that people are talking about these days, and I realize that I really fit in better over here.

Can you still accept me, knowing that I'm a fish killer?
I have gone back and forth with the fish thing for about 7 or so years now , after being STRICTly vegan for many years

I say sometimes you have to do what your body says.
I would love to go into more depth I am so sleepy right now .
'nite
Old 09-07-2005, 02:10 AM

Hi another veggie mama here. 2 weeks and counting.

Old 09-08-2005, 03:15 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I'm in - have you all read The China Study? About time something positive for veggies was published . . .

Cathe Olson, author The Vegetarian Mother's Cookbook, Simply Natural Baby Food, and LIck It! Creamy Dreamy Vegan Ice Creams Your Mouth Will Love.  
Old 09-12-2005, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PikkuMyy
Hi Nicole!

I recognized your screen name from vegfamily! If you look around, you'll find that there are at least 6-7 of us here at MDC and VegFamily (for some reason, thery go together! )
hello,hello!! so good to 'see' a friendly face here!! we need ot get the vegfamily oard this active!!
<3,
nicole

Waldorf mama to Autumn DD 9/05 and my Spring DD 4/08 Winter baby due 2/11
Old 09-12-2005, 08:49 AM

question for all the veggie mommas:

how many of you have been 'reported' by meateaters for simply expressing your views and opinions in threads? send me a private message, i dont want to start a war or anything, im just curious as to how often it happens to us.its really irritating me right now but that could also be b/c of my pregnant hormones much love to you all!!
<3,
nicole

Waldorf mama to Autumn DD 9/05 and my Spring DD 4/08 Winter baby due 2/11
Old 09-12-2005, 09:41 PM

Hi- I was glad to see this thread!

I had been enjoying the monthly veg mamas threads a while ago but it seemed like it petered out. I missed it b/c I got most of my recipes and dinner ideas from there!! I thought they had tried many times to get a tribe started but it kept not happening for some reason.

I'm a relative newbie- o/l vegetarian for about 3 yrs now, since I was preg. with my first- dh has been veg for several years now and I was cutting down on meat, but then I read info from this organization, Compassion Over Killing , and watched the Perfect Storm (where they're killing salmon) and that did it for me for good!!

Ds has growth problems and egg allergy so he gets a little free range/organic meat just b/c he doesn't eat anything or grow so he needs protein and fat and more of a range of food choices- however, I don't plan to continue that once he gets a little bigger and eats better. It makes me really sad when he says 'chicken' and makes chicken noises! That really upsets me

And I have to brag, I have had the healthiest pregnancies ever, despite the fact that many in the medical profession (of which I am in!) say that veg. is incompatible with pregnancy and nursing. My bloodwork and iron levels have always been great. People always ask me the protein question, as well! To me, it is much UNhealthier to eat all those hormones and mercury in meat and fish and expose your baby to diseases!

anyway, hope we can get some good meal ideas going here...I am looking for good things to freeze for after the baby comes!

User Tag List