Vegetarian Times - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 01-02-2003, 09:37 PM - Thread Starter
Banned

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Anyone subscribe to this mag? Is it worth the $$ ?
#2 of 9 Old 01-02-2003, 11:16 PM

I like it OK, but I've let my subscription lapse because I just don't cook out of magazines enough to justify the expense. You can find a lot of great vegetarian recipes online at places like Vegweb and sites of cookbook authors like Nava Atlas and Mollie Katzen and even places like Epicurious.

Come visit the NEW QuirkyBaby website -- earn QB Bucks rewards points for purchases, reviews, referrals, and more! Free US shipping on great brands of baby slings and carriers and FREE BabyLegs or babywearing mirror on orders of $100+. Take the QB Quiz for personalized advice!

#3 of 9 Old 01-07-2003, 05:22 AM

I've subscribed to it for years. I have a few favorite recipes from the magazine--but don't usually have the time to try too many new ones!
#4 of 9 Old 01-07-2003, 01:07 PM

I was disappointed. i found a stack of the magazines in our ER waiting room. i am glad i didnt subscribe.

Jane, i like vegweb too! good site, lots of info and some great recipes.

someone here recommended vegfamily.com...and it has changed my life. we are eating so much better,and the recipes so far are delicious. the three meatless meals i have prepared from there were so good we didnt even miss it. i made one last night, but added a few pieces of chicken to it so DH and the kids wouldnt totally freak out. i ate just the veggies concotion over cous cous and it was awesome.
#5 of 9 Old 01-07-2003, 01:52 PM

Yeah ~ we got Vegetarian Times here for a while but let the subscription lapse too ~ it just wasn't worth it. I had it for almost 2 years and found 1 good recipe that I still use????? I guess it has its place, but, I can only get one mag that I like, and mothering has taken over!!!!!!!!
#6 of 9 Old 01-07-2003, 02:21 PM

IMO< it's not worth it anymore. I loved the magazine about 8 years ago. But it has seriously gone down hill. I buy it once in a while now. I'm really disappointed in the changes they've made.
#7 of 9 Old 01-07-2003, 05:07 PM

i got a free subscription so it was worth it but i definitely wouldnt pay for it.
#8 of 9 Old 01-07-2003, 10:09 PM

imo veggie life is much better. i really don't like the slickness of vegetarian times. also, i think they use too much dairy.
#9 of 9 Old 01-08-2003, 01:28 PM

so veggie life has less dairy? we just found out that my oldest (7) has a major cows milk allergy and i am looking for some good recipes...

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page