Mothering Forum banner

Vegans-- what did you eat today?

5K views 138 replies 38 participants last post by  chanale 
#1 ·
Please share. So far I've eaten nothing (I usually fast till 1 pm or longer if I can)... but I'm about to hit the kitchen.

#7 ·
breakfast - cooked millet with coconut oil, flax seed meal,maple syrup, and cashew butter, and a spinach,pear, and chia seed smoothie.

morning snack - rice cakes with tahini-miso spread.

lunch -butternut squash soup and sprouted grains toast with mashed avocado.

afternoon snack - apple cinnamon walnut uncookies.

We haven't had it yet, but for dinner we're having kasha with caramelized onions, roasted root vegetables, and sauteed collard greens. And yay! for dessert a little blueberry hand pie.

No way I could fast until 1:00! I'm impressed by the will power there!

#8 ·
Breakfast: soy sausage, tater tots, and a Diet Coke
: (yes, it was one of those mornings)

Lunch: leftover lentil and carrot stew over whole wheat couscous, steamed broccoli; a pear

Snacks: walnuts, dried apples, leftover pecan rice

Not sure what's for dinner (although I think it will involve kale and a butter lettuce/cucumber salad), but I have some orange-pecan muffins baking in the oven...yum.

#9 ·
Dude.

Double tall soy latte

An apple

Oatmeal nuked with dates & frozen necterines with some soymilk

Fried gimme lean sausage & tofu scramble with lots of srirracha (omg!)

Frozen banana blended with hempseeds, carob powder & soymilk

Do I even need dinner?
(uhhhh.... YES!!!!! I need BBQ tofu, greens, broccoli, mashed potatos & bulger! & a salad too! I do I do!)

#11 ·
Breakfast: Optimum cereal with vanilla soymilk, coffee with soymilk

Lunch: Leftover Bulgar Adzuki bean chili with vegan cornbread & earth balance. Oh and some macadamia nuts

Snack: handful of toffee peanuts (aka peanut crack)

Dinner: barilla plus pasta with alfredo chreese sauce and sun-dried tomatoes, with broccoli, garbanzos, kalamata olives and onions, garlic, evoo, and thyme on the side. And garlic toast (made with freshly baked rye bread! OMG!)

Dessert: tiny slice of the vegan coffeecake from 3 nights ago. So good, even if it was just a nibble.

#12 ·
My food was crappy today.

no breakfast

lunch: grilled cheese (Vegan Gourmet) on cracked wheat bread
snack: Luna Bar
Dinner: falafel sandwich with eggplant, potato, and all the fixin's (this was good)

Yesterday was much better:

Breakfast: plain soy yogurt with mango and flaxseeds
Lunch: grilled cheese, baby carrots and cherry tomatoes with dressing, sliced pear
dinner: afghani potato bread and hummus, kiwis

#15 ·
I'm sick so I haven't eaten much today
: I had a vanilla latte (soy milk) this morning, for lunch I had some rice noodle soup. For dinner I think I'm going to try to eat just some pasta with sauteed onions and mandarin oranges.

#16 ·
Friday's are always hard here since we do our weekly shopping tomorrow.

Morning: coffee with unsweetened chocloate almond milk and homemade pear and ginger bread with vegan butter.

snack: apples with almond butter, brocolli and green pepper sticks

Lunch: Chickpea and Kale soup and pasta with lentil sauce

snack: romaine salad with the dressing from Becoming Vegan- Yummy!

dinner: will be sunshine burgers, salad, and roasted beets and sweet potatoes

#18 ·
Mmmmm....

Double tall soy latte (Yes! Every morning!)

Orange Glazed Scone (from VWAV modified with ground oats)

Leftover BBQ tofu, roasted acorn squash, bulger

Raw carrots

An apple

Candied Ginger (while making ginger carrot cake w/ ginger coconut cream icing for MIL's bday tomorrow)

For dinner... who knows! The carrot cake smells so good I can't get my mind off it! It's so nice outside, maybe we'll have a picnic

#19 ·
So far...(just had lunch)

organic coffee with soymilk frothed in the Vitamix
Hemp Plus granola with rice milk

a Trader Joe's Vegan Chocolate chip cookie
a few apple slices

Lunch: leftover Veggie Gumbo with brown rice (recipe from Vegan Planet) with Louisiana Hot Sauce. This came out great--love the okra, must grow some this summer.

And I will probably have another cookie in a minute(hey, it's Saturday!)

Dinner: No plans yet, but DH has requested a repeat of African Groundnut Stew, from The Voluptuous Vegan--really delicious recipe!

#22 ·
I had a momentary burst of energy so I made a lemon poppy seed loaf that has tahini, sesame seeds, flax seed and apricots in it. Looking forward to having some with a cup of tea when it's done.

#23 ·
I've had two wraps... one with refried beans (I'm on a refried beans kick), mashed roasted potatoes, and salsa, the other just with refried beans and salsa. Apple juice, and a lot of watermelon!

Here is my refried beans recipe...

2 large onions
2 tbs soy sauce
4 cloves garlic
1 large can dark beans, rinsed well
1/2 tsp salt (or to taste)
1/8 tsp cayenne (or to taste)
1/3 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup olive oil

I puree the first 7 ingredients together, then heat the oil in a cast iron pan. I fry the bean mixture about 7-10 minutes, stirring every now and then. This is great in wraps!

#24 ·
Today is a very lazy day
Breakfast:
coffee w/ soy milk
2 vegan frozen waffles and 3 veggie sausage patties all drizzled in maple syrup

lunch:
chickpeas mashed with veganaise, curry powder, garlic powder, cumin and a pinch of salt on bread

Dinner:
probably hummus w/ trader joes flatbread. if I get motivated I'll make a cucumber soy yogurt sauce add some romaine and make hummus gyros.

#26 ·
Breakfast: green tea, barley flour and flax meal pancakes

Snack: fruit smoothie with almond butter, flax oil, raw chocolate nibs

Lunch: minestrone soup, later a Think Organic choc/coconut bar

Dinner: root beer, sweet potato fries (VWAV), Christacular's yummy split pea patties, and a big salad with raw veggies and pine nuts. Yum!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.