Mothering Forum banner

HBO Ingrid / PETA Special

674 views 15 replies 9 participants last post by  richella 
#1 ·
Anyone else watch it yet? I thought it was really good. Some of the imaging was really disturbing but powerful.

#4 ·
I caught some last night, but it was late and the babe woke up before the end. Yes very disturbing images, but overall I found it inspiring and it really gives me hope to know that there are people in the world who are so committed to helping animals. Also the undercover investigators --I just can't imagine doing that. I don't think I have what it takes.

Dh thought Ingrid was portrayed as a little nutty but I didn't care. Just as long as I don't have to work for her!

I like what Bill Maher said. "There are worse things than crossing the line. If you never cross it, how do you know where it is? It would be worse never to approach the line."

#5 ·
Yeah I think she appeared a little nutty but overall just VERY dedicated and driven and I don't think that's a bad thing! I admire her for really doing everything in her power to make a difference. And yeah those uncover investigators are amazing, I really don't think I could do what they do either but I'm so glad they are there to do it.

Ya know who I thought didn't come off to well was the woman from the other Animal advocacy group (can't think of the name right now). I'm sure she has some good arguments for a softer gentler approach but she came off as just bitter and jealous to me.

#9 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by ParisApril View Post
I saw it and then visited the PETA website. I have been a vegetarian for a week now!
: That's fabulous!!!!

#11 ·
I saw it today after reading this thread. I thought it was great and horrifying all at the same time. I think that Ingrid is a little bit of a nut, but she's right that to get attention, she has to put major shock value on what Peta does. I don't agree that all it does is bring attention to Peta without helping the animals. Whoever even heard of the other group? I never have. I don't know what they do, but obviously, they're not bringing these problems to the public's attention the way peta does.

It was really interesting to see how they decide where and who to protest. Seeing them set it all up and pull it off was so funny.

It was a little overkill when she pulled over to check on a dove on the side of the road. I was also a little disappointed that they put the puppy to sleep

Lisa

#12 ·
I don't remember who the other group was, but I remember thinking "Oh yeah, them, they're good too." Maybe Friends of Animals? Mostly I remember that lady's hair. . .

The dove thing struck me as potentially set up. Or at least done for the camera. But then again I once checked on a kitten in the road and it was alive but mortally wounded. I ended up knocking on neighbors' doors late at night asking for someone with a gun to put it down (I know they're all hunters! One woman didn't want to wake her hubby and was sure he wouldn't "be able" to kill a cat. Though he used to sit on his patio and shoot sparrows and starlings --cause they are invasive non-native species).

I think any rescue group puts animals down sometimes. Sad but truly sometimes the kindest way.

#13 ·
I watched it tonight after seeing this thread. I liked it, but I also didn't. I was really upset about the holocaust posters they made, to me that was way wrong and over stepping the line! I get what she's trying to do, but feel she's doing it in the wrong way (sometimes). I truly believe she has compassion for all animals, but I feel she doesn't have much compassion for people.

#14 ·
I thought it was pretty good. I really like how passionate the group is about animal rights.

I must say though, I was a little creaped out about her wanting to be bbq'd after she dies. I get what she is trying to say...but still... ewww!

#15 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by kittymac View Post
I must say though, I was a little creaped out about her wanting to be bbq'd after she dies. I get what she is trying to say...but still... ewww!
Yeah I hear ya. The foot umbrella stand thing in particular was rather nasty.

#16 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by MamalovesCadence View Post
I truly believe she has compassion for all animals, but I feel she doesn't have much compassion for people.
Yeah, and I've known a few other people in the movement that were that way too. One was my boss, she hated paying people. She would leave the paychecks on her desk and go home because she was "too tired" to sign them.

I didn't see the whole show, I missed those comments about being bbq'ed and umbrella stand.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.