Mothering Forum banner

Parsley

613 views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  rn 
#1 ·
My friend's garden is over flowing with parsley, so she wants to give me quite a bit. I've never cooked with it. In fact I've never really cooked with any fresh herbs before. What are some of your fav things to make with parsley? Recipes are appreciated too!

#2 ·
I love tabouli made with parsley, better than mint. Don't have a recipe handy, you can use any recipe but sub. parsley equally for the mint.

You can mix some sprigs in your tossed salad.

That's all that comes to mind, I've been bfeeding for 3.5 years now and have been avoiding parsley (makes the supply go down). I miss it.

#3 ·
I keep some parsley frozen to add to soups and spaghetti sauce. You can wash it and take the leaves off and freeze them in a chunk in a plastic bag, then cut off a little with a scissors to add to cooked foods.

Otherwise, parsley has a light, subtle flavor and goes well in salads or sprinkled over pizza or whatever you like! It really doesn't clash with many flavors.

Fresh herbs are great, I hope you get into them! BTW, I've never noticed a drop in supply and I eat a lot of herbs that lower supply, but it's true, it can cause a drop in supply for some so just keep in mind if you really go crazy eating the parsley.

#5 ·
ITA with others about adding it to soups -- I put it in ALL soups, pretty much. Whatever I have leftover of any fresh herb, I hang with a rubber band from a thumbtack stuck to the underside of my upper kitchen cabinets (so it hangs over the counter). It dries nicely there, and then it's available all the time for whatever I'm cooking. Right now, I have parsley, thyme, and dill hanging there.

#7 ·
I add it to my home made pesto and also add it to most veggies that I saute as well as soups and stews.

Parsley is so good for you, full of good nutrients.

I also agree w/ both pp ... you can freeze it or dry it for later use.

To freeze I chop it up then add some to each cube of an ice tray, then add good water to it and freeze. when the cubes are frozen I then take out of the tray and store in a freezer bag.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.