What's For Dinner?? April's thread. - Page 10 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#271 of 282 Old 04-30-2008, 06:10 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Last night I made the Lentils with Spinach and Soy Sauce from Joy of Cooking. I have used frozen spinach or a bag of assorted greens instead. I put it over brown rice. Let me tell you how I look forward to it all week. I could eat it everyday! And it is satisfying enough for the hubby, so he doesn't miss his meat.

Brianna, mom to my always naked and singing Faye (9/07) and my chubby baby Bronwen (10/10).
#272 of 282 Old 04-30-2008, 07:21 PM

last night we had baked asperagus, mashed potatoes and fried tofu with gravy, and biscuits.

I so love the crispness of the asperagus that way, and the tofu and mashed potatoes really hit the spot.

tonight we are having a big salad with lots of veggies and beans, and anything else I can think to throw in it.
with big pieces of cheesy garlic bread-soy cheese, and fresh roasted garlic, yum!

I don't know if we will have anything else with it or not.
#273 of 282 Old 04-30-2008, 08:34 PM

Tonight it's curried lentils and brown rice. I pulled it from the freezer and don't know what recipe it is. I'm going to sautee some garlic, onion, diced tomatoes and spinach to go along with it.
#274 of 282 Old 04-30-2008, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by frog View Post
Tonight we're having tofu masaman with...some other things. Salad kaak for sure and I'm not sure what else. It's turtle's first time making the masaman curry, which is my FAVORITE. I can't wait!
I will pay you $1 million dollars for your masaman recipe!!! Ok, just kidding, but seriously, we LOVE masaman and have NEVER been able to even come close to replicating it. Please, I beg of you, HELP!

Tonight we went out to vegan pizza and drinks to celebrate....my DH just accepted a job in SEATTLE! I'm so excited, I might throw up. In a good way!

Chessa , mama to Silas T (6/06) , wife to Chad . Welcome August Emerson! 2/8/10
#275 of 282 Old 04-30-2008, 11:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keeta View Post
I will pay you $1 million dollars for your masaman recipe!!! Ok, just kidding, but seriously, we LOVE masaman and have NEVER been able to even come close to replicating it. Please, I beg of you, HELP!

Tonight we went out to vegan pizza and drinks to celebrate....my DH just accepted a job in SEATTLE! I'm so excited, I might throw up. In a good way!
Ok, I'm the most jealous person on this thread right now! Congratulations!!! I can't remember if you're originally from there or not, but I lived and loved it there for 8 glorious years and as soon as possible, we'll be heading back. Let me know if you need any tips.

We had leftover black bean portobella & broccoli quesadillas with roasted red pepper sauce. It's an excellent Vegan Express dish. The leftover chocolate rum cake was a hit, too.

crochetsmilie.gifread.gif Wife & Mama to 5 yo superhero.gifboy and 13 yo cat.gif.

#276 of 282 Old 04-30-2008, 11:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inanna_Mama View Post
Ok, I'm the most jealous person on this thread right now! Congratulations!!! I can't remember if you're originally from there or not, but I lived and loved it there for 8 glorious years and as soon as possible, we'll be heading back. Let me know if you need any tips.
Yes, we love tips! We moved to Detroit from Portland, so we know and LOVE the pacific northwest! We were hoping to just at least get back to the west coast, but to actually be going to the PNW is unbelievable!!! DH's job is in West Seattle (South Seattle Community College) so we're looking for something with an easy commute there, recs on local CSAs, fun stuff for toddlers, etc.

I'm so excited, I don't think I'll be able to sleep tonight!!!

#277 of 282 Old 05-01-2008, 01:47 AM

Tonight we had Chickpea Broccoli Casserole (from Vegan with a Vengeance). I remember making it once and DH really liked it. When he saw it again, he was like "YES!" I didn't end up making any side dishes but it was quite filling. I didn't have any bread for bread crumbs, but I remembered I still had leftover sage bread crumbs from the Vcon Pumpkin Ziti recipe so I used those. It worked out great.

Congrats on the move Keeta, but I guess this means no Ferndale Vegan supper club?

Mommy to DS Adrian 8/10/04 and DD Geneva 9/02/09
#278 of 282 Old 05-01-2008, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadzia View Post
Congrats on the move Keeta, but I guess this means no Ferndale Vegan supper club?
Thanks! I'm PM-ing you about a new veg*n moms group for the state of MI - lots of moms to network with!

#279 of 282 Old 05-01-2008, 10:58 AM

We had Polenta Black Bean Cassarole. Now I'm having it for breakfast with tapatio..yummy
#280 of 282 Old 05-01-2008, 10:42 PM

We've been vacationing in Southern California and have a couple note-worthy meals...

We stopped in LAs Vegas and got vegan donuts from Ronalds.. YUM! we'll be stopping again on our way home.

We had stuffed mushrooms on Catalina island that were way over priced for what we got. catalina is not a veggie friendly place.

We stayed in a condo in Oceanside, so we made our dinners there: bean burritos, peanut sauce stir-fry and baked rigatoni.

Today we are in Santa Monica and ate at Planet Raw.. which has awesome deserts and we spent WAY too much there!

Tonight there is an Indian place around the corner so I think we are going there.

stillheart.gif The Hippie & the Marine stillheart.gif  hh2.gif
My boys: S (4) & O (2) & Expecting #3 in Dec. 2011

#281 of 282 Old 05-01-2008, 10:54 PM

Lizzy - If you are still in Santa Monica tomorrow there is also a Real Food Daily. Not too far away there is a Native Foods in Westwood. They are both great.
#282 of 282 Old 05-02-2008, 01:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula View Post
Lizzy - If you are still in Santa Monica tomorrow there is also a Real Food Daily. Not too far away there is a Native Foods in Westwood. They are both great.
We went to Real Food Daily.. YUM!!!! That place is one of the best vegan restaurants I've ever been to. I had the "TV Dinner" which is a tempeh loaf with mashed potatoes and Tiramisu for desert.. :

stillheart.gif The Hippie & the Marine stillheart.gif  hh2.gif
My boys: S (4) & O (2) & Expecting #3 in Dec. 2011

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page