Vegetarian Slow Cooker Recipes cookbook - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 05-17-2008, 04:10 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I had heard good things about this cookbook before and decided to order it. I'm excited to start cooking with my slow cooker (that's only been used once ). What's your favorite recipe from this cookbook? I want to start with a winner!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-17-2008, 04:18 PM - Thread Starter

http://www.amazon.com/Best-Vegetaria...1048459&sr=1-2

This one... did I buy the wrong one? haha! When I got the link off amazon I realized there are two vegetarian slow cooker cookbooks. This one seems to be the less popular one too. Oh well.
Old 05-18-2008, 02:09 PM

http://www.amazon.com/Fresh-Vegetari...1127200&sr=1-1

This is the link tot he one I have. I love the Ziti recipe. I've not seen the book you posted.

Kathi

:::Mom to 5 adult children and 8 year old, Dakota "Why do they call it homeschool, we're never at home?"
Old 05-18-2008, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakota's Mom View Post

This is the link tot he one I have. I love the Ziti recipe. I've not seen the book you posted.

Kathi
I have ^^^^ that one. I have to admit that I've not made anything from it yet. ::

Susan- Vegetarian Single Mom to 9 year old twins!!
Old 05-18-2008, 11:09 PM

I think the fresh from the is the one that people have raved about...drat it. I'd just return the one you have (wrong item selected is usually an option), and get the other one, if you have buyer's regret (SO btdt!).

From the other one I love the lentil soup with kale, the spicy black bean chili, and I'm dying to try the 'cheesecake' recipe! It looks really straightforward and easy.

Just for the record, btw, I've found that cookbooks usually have a few great recipes that we love, no matter how many people rave about them. So the other slow cooker book is likely to have some great recipes, too - just be willing to experiment a bit.

Mama to B and O , wife to J and me to me! :
Old 05-20-2008, 04:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamabeca View Post
I think the fresh from the is the one that people have raved about...drat it. I'd just return the one you have (wrong item selected is usually an option), and get the other one, if you have buyer's regret (SO btdt!).

From the other one I love the lentil soup with kale, the spicy black bean chili, and I'm dying to try the 'cheesecake' recipe! It looks really straightforward and easy.

Just for the record, btw, I've found that cookbooks usually have a few great recipes that we love, no matter how many people rave about them. So the other slow cooker book is likely to have some great recipes, too - just be willing to experiment a bit.
: Mmmmmm..... Lentil and Kale..... :

Nearly crunchy mama to one DS born at home 12/09 and married to my best friend one week later signcirc1.gif

Old 05-21-2008, 07:53 PM

sloppy lentils!!!! we've made about 6 recipes so far from this book and this is our favorite so far.
Old 05-22-2008, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakota's Mom View Post

Kathi
This is the one I have and I LOVE it!!! We make recipes from it several times a week. Tonight I'm making the polenta recipe or maybe the Moroccan veggies. I've made so many recipes from it and only one or two have not been fantastic.
WE love the sloppy lentils, hoppin john, arroz non pollo, tian vegetables, sweet potato chili....really just about everything (except the BEP with swiss chard, can't do that one )
Let us know how that cook book is, just because it's not the "raved about one" doesn't mean it's not good, it maybe even better. :

~Erika, mama to Isaac 2/07 and Jacoby 9/09 , married to my sweetheart, Sam
Old 05-22-2008, 03:32 PM - Thread Starter

I think I'm going to have to get that cookbook too! I've already made 2 dishes out of the other one and have really liked both, so I'm going to keep it too! I really like slow cooker cooking! I can make dinner in the morning before the kids become wild! I think this is going to be my key to finally starting to cook more! Thanks everyone.
Old 05-22-2008, 05:32 PM

I'm going to add those to my wish list. I love cooking with the slow cooker too, but since we are trying to cut down on eating meat, I've been using it less and less. It would be wonderful to have some meatless recipes to have too!

User Tag List