Raw soon to be mamas - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 1 Old 06-10-2008, 08:39 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi ladies, I know there are some of us out there who are raw and pregnant, or who have been raw during a pregnancy. I am curious about weight gain and what you are eating. I just came from my midwife, and she is concerned since I've barely gained any weight especially compared to my first vegan pregnancy. I've gained about 12 lbs. and am due mid Aug. This pregnancy has been great for the most part: I have tons of energy due to the raw foods, less weight gain means I'm way more nimble/quick, no swelling/heartburn, etc. Anyway, my uterus has not grown since my last visit 3 weeks ago which is concerning to midwife, plus I haven't gained more than one pound in the last couple visits.

So, I'm eating coconut, nut/seeds and butters, veggies, fruits, green smoothies and green juices, hemp, flax. Not wanting to eat a ton right now, and going to bed a bit early. Can anyone suggest a way to get more calories? Blending more, although I'm downing at least 2 blended drinks a day, one coconut smoothie and one green smoothie, plus a juice. Just adding more nut butters to smoothies and such? I really want to stay raw, it feels the best. Midwife is very supportive, she is just concerned. I would love some help/suggestions. Thank you so much!! Mary

Mary, Mama to 3 boys! 9/05 & 8/08 & 7/12

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page