ISO beautiful fancy dresses - size 4/5 and 7/8 and fancy shoes - Mothering Forums

#1 of 6 Old 09-21-2006, 03:47 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Ok Last fall i scored this amazing formal for my 10 year old at Penny's. It was regularly $70 and marked down to $2. how could I resist? So now we have planned the whole 10th brthday prty arounf this dress. she has been waiting a tyear to wear it.

So for the party they will be going to local salon (beauty school) where thier hair and nails will be done and then we are doing pictures and having a fancy dinner at Grandmas house. (complete with pink crystal stemwhere and china), Great fun.

But now my 7 year old needs a dress equally beautiful of course . . . nothing is comnig up on ebay (at least not at a reasonable price).

So I was wondering if any of you had an old flower girl dress . . . first communion dress . . . etc . . . . Christmas dress . . . that has been hanging in your closet with nothing exciting happening in its life.

She requests something shiney and or gauzy and or lacy. you know . . . fancy any color will work. madelines dress is black so everything will match.

Also if anyone has an black dress shoes in size 12 /12 - 1 or a size 3 we are looking for some of those too.

Anyway, we are trying to do this on the cheap (at least the dres, shoes we would be wiling to spend more on since they will actually wear them more than a few hours one night) so I was think $10-$15 including shipping for the dress.

i could also trade. My stuff to trade is here. . .

Ok I guess my baby needs a fancy dress too. . . . . So a 4/5 is her size. if I can just get out of making one of them . . . .

The truest answer to violence is love. The truest answer to death is life. The only prevention for violence is for the heart to have no violence within it.  We cannot prevent evil through any system devised by mankind. But we can grapple with evil and defeat it, but only with love—real love.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 6 Old 09-21-2006, 05:25 PM - Thread Starter

bump

The truest answer to violence is love. The truest answer to death is life. The only prevention for violence is for the heart to have no violence within it.  We cannot prevent evil through any system devised by mankind. But we can grapple with evil and defeat it, but only with love—real love.

#3 of 6 Old 09-21-2006, 08:26 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have:

A dress that was used for easter and a wedding........it's a size 6 but my 7 year old just wore it and it still fits her fine. Empire waist with a sash that ties in the back, short slightly puffed sleeves.

It's a navy blue velvet top with a gauzy long skirt bottom......it's one of those with a gauzy/semi see through full skirt and a solid poly skirt under it. The skirt is a lighter, but still dark blue with a faint flower pattern and a shimmery tone to it.

I don't know if you have a Costco, but thats where I got it last Christmas season and I just held onto it until something came up

And I also have some 12 1/2 black fancy sandles that we got to wear with the dress from Pay Less. They are "dress" sandles and have three little strappys that go over the toes with little crystal flowers on them.

I can take some pics if you want tonight if they sound like anythign that would work for you.

ETA: Actually, I just realized you can kind of get a gist of it here, from our Easter pics
http://photothyme.blogspot.com/2006/...er-cheese.html

#4 of 6 Old 09-22-2006, 11:18 AM - Thread Starter

Yhat is beautiful!! How much do you want for it? what size does she usually wear? My dd is very tall. . . . (heaven only know where she got that from, everyone else in this family is short short.) but fairlt skinny. she wears a 6x jeans and usually a 7 dress. that is baggy but we need the length.

#5 of 6 Old 09-22-2006, 03:37 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
On my daughter, the dress goes nearly to her ankles..........she wears a solid 6x in pants and they are just about right on length. So, on a slightly taller girl, the dress would still go beneath her knees.

FFS if you want it. We'll never use it again so I don't really care so long as it goes to a good home.
#6 of 6 Old 09-23-2006, 02:55 AM - Thread Starter

Oh that would be awesome. She loves the dress i will PM you with my addy.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page