ISO Used babycarriers (I'm going to lead a Babywearing class!) XPOST in Babywearing - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 10-23-2006, 03:48 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My LLL leader asked us what topics we would like to cover this year, and I commented that there was a woman who had emailed me about a Babywearing class that she was having in OKC (almost 4 hours away). I thought that it would be great if we could have a class as well, to help encourage parents to have more contact with their children, as well as cover how to breastfeed in the different carriers (for moms who are out-and-about town or who are nervous about breastfeeding in public). My LLL leader was thrilled with the idea! So here I am, trying to prepare to lead a class on babywearing. I've contacted the woman in OKC about her class, and she's given me wonderful guidance.

One bit of information that she passed along was that she had multiple slings/pouches/mei tais/wraps to demonstrate and allow others to try out. I have 3 ring slings (one is a loaner OTSBH, the other 2 were my first 2 sewing projects)& 2 mei tais (also sewing projects). I was wondering if anyone might have any used baby carriers that they might want to donate to this project (I can manage the shipping costs)? Whatever I cannot raise, I am going to try and sew, but thought that maybe someone might have something stashed in a closet that they weren't using.

I know that it's a long-shot, but I figured that it couldn't hurt to try!

Momma to the monkeys three
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-25-2006, 01:53 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
I have an unpadded ring sling if you're interested.

Ruth, single mommy to Leah, 19, Hannah, 18 (commuting to college), and Jack, 13(homeschooled)
Old 10-25-2006, 04:19 PM

I have a padded ring sling in a navy blue (no brand name, it was given to me) that you could have for the price of shipping. Pm me.

Mama to Emma (7) and Sarah (5)

Old 10-26-2006, 12:22 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruthla View Post
I have an unpadded ring sling if you're interested.
That would be great! Shipping would be to zip 73728...please let me know how much it will cost. Thanks!

Old 10-30-2006, 02:22 AM

I can send you some cotton gauze (you will have to hem a few edges) and you can demo woven wraps with that and I may be able to get the other half of a mama's DIY stretchy wrap as well. You could also use the gauze to demo pouch carries as well. If you made a mei tai you would be set!

Let me know.

Traci
Old 10-30-2006, 11:19 AM - Thread Starter

I am now up to 3 mei tais, 5 slings, and 3 wraps. I am also working on a Rebozo-type carrier after finding some incredible fabric last week on sale.

Traci: Is the gauze much easier to use as a wrap? This is the one carrier that I have almost no experience with. 2 of the 3 wraps that I do have are just a plain cotton...no stretch, the other 1 is more of a polyester that also has very little give. If it is easier, I would love to be able to use yours!!!!

User Tag List