Mothering Forums

Mothering Forums (http://www.mothering.com/forum/)
-   In Search Of (ISO) (http://www.mothering.com/forum/368-search-iso/)
-   -   ISO Roots Sweatshirt with Beaver Logo 2/3T (http://www.mothering.com/forum/368-search-iso/771206-iso-roots-sweatshirt-beaver-logo-2-3t.html)

Isaac'sMa 10-16-2007 07:07 PM

We lost my son's favorite "beaver jacket". It was a zip-front sweatshirt with the Roots Beaver logo on it. He would desperately like another! If anyone has a boyish or GN one they could part with, I have PP. I don't want to spend a fortune and I can't find a new one here in the US anyway! TIA!

LittlePeanut 10-17-2007 03:15 PM

If you have and pics of your son in the one you're looking for, I'd be happy to have a look in our Roots stores here (in NS, Canada) and let you know the cost. We have both the regular store as well as an outlet store close by. LKM via PM. I'm planning a possible trip to the US in early NOV to ship some other goodies for a swap I'm in so if I can locate the sweater I could ship it at the same time to save on shipping costs.

LP

LittlePeanut 10-28-2007 11:50 AM

I just wanted too update you and let you know that I visited the Roots Outlet Store and I took a few pics of different sweaters/shirts/etc for you to see. I'll upload them later today.

LP

Isaac'sMa 10-28-2007 12:35 PM

Sweet! Thanks!

LittlePeanut 10-28-2007 08:12 PM

Here are the pictures of the shirts from the Outlet Store...

Long Sleeve Shirts $14.99 (plus 14% tax and shipping each)

Various tops see below for prices

Top left - reg $29.99 (on sale for 20% off)
Top right and Bottom right - $12.50 each or 2 for $20 (I think)
Bottom left - $19.99 (comes in green and navy)
Bottom centre - $16.99 (comes in green and navy)

Please don't quote me on any of those things as I have a cold and my brain is a bit mushy but I think it's pretty accurate. All prices are plus 14% tax and plus shipping (but I'll be in the states this week I hope so I'll ship from there to save on shipping )

If none of these are suitable, I'll try and hit the regular store early this week and get back to you.

LP

LittlePeanut 10-29-2007 06:12 PM

LittlePeanut 10-29-2007 06:14 PM

BTW - I saw a bunch of the t-shirts/sweatshirts with the "traditional beaver logo" at the regular Roots store but I didn't have my camera. Let me know which you prefer. I found a pic on eBay that is similar to the styles I saw this afternoon though I think it was more in the $30-40 range

Sweatshirt Pic

LP

LittlePeanut 10-29-2007 07:16 PM

Duh! So t just occured to me that if you aren't opposed to secondhand items then I could look through local classifieds too. I live in Halifax, Nova Scotia but I travel to London, Ontario often and I found the following listed in London, ON:

http://london.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-se...QAdIdZ27637067

BTW - The Roots website seems to have more things now so if you want to check it out and LMK if ou want anything from there.

http://canada.roots.com/style.aspx?c...up=&template=3

Isaac'sMa 10-29-2007 10:02 PM

The used one you posted that's in London, ON is *almost* exactly the one my ds had! I would be so pleased if you could get that one and send it. LMK how much the total will be and I can send you PP.

Thanks for the link to the website too. When I googled the Roots website from here I could never find the baby stuff...like it was inaccessible from here or something....which I'm sure isn't true. I probably just didn't know where to look!

LittlePeanut 10-29-2007 11:37 PM

Yeah it was odd. I actually "stumbled" across the link. When I went to their website there was basically nothing baby to be found... Strange.

I've emailed the person about the sweater so we'll see what happens. I hope it's still available. Great price if it is

LP

LittlePeanut 10-30-2007 11:48 AM

It's available! It's from a smoke-free/pet-free home too. I'm just arranging for another family member to pay and pick it for me then I'll deal with the shipping next time in London. Does that work for you? It may not be until December sometime.

LP

Isaac'sMa 10-30-2007 12:40 PM

Yes, that definitely works for me! Whenever you get it to me is fine. Two or three times a week ds asks where his "beaver jacket" is, so he won't forget by the time it arrives! He will be one very happy little boy

Please LMK how much it will be and where I can send PP to you. I have CC PP but I'll include fees so you'll get the money you should. Oh, it just occurred to me that the CD might now be worth more than the USD as I know you guys just passed us in value...so let me know which way you calculate it and I will get you the right amount!

You're the best! :

LittlePeanut 10-30-2007 01:32 PM

Yup our dollar just hit $1.05 yesterday! It's at a forty year high, hence the shopping trip to the States this week

Anyhow, hopefully shipping won't be too bad. My SIL (from London) is planning a trip to the US in late November so if I'm not going to get there before then perhaps I can sweet talk her into shipping it for me

Just PM me your address and I'll do my best to calculate postage.

LP

Isaac'sMa 10-30-2007 02:38 PM

Pm'ed you my address

My dh used to lead wilderness trips up in Canada and used to be so thrilled when the exchange rate was in favor of the USD. It was a shock for him to be up there this summer when it had almost hit 1:1! The de-valuation of the USD against almost every major international currency really says something to me about US policies. (ugh! ) But it seems like good shopping will be in your future!

LittlePeanut 10-30-2007 02:43 PM

Got the PM I will let you know about the PP amount once I confirm how it will be shipped.