Co-sleeper vs. Pack n Play - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 02-19-2009, 12:40 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So i've posted already about the pros and cons of the mini-cosleeper and original. but, a lot of people are saying they just use a pack n play so I'm wondering why the pack n play is better than the Original Co sleeper.

I used a Pack n Play for my first baby, but we only used the bassinette part for the first few weeks and then we just brought the baby into bed. I felt like it was so flimsy and it was too hard to put her down in it without her waking. But, it seems like people are using the playpen part of the pack n play as the bed with a mattress in the bottom? That doesn't seem like it would be very easy to transfer a sleeping baby to the bottom of a playpen.

So give me more details. If you loved your co-sleeper tell me why. If you ditched it for a Pack n play, tell me why.

We don't have room for lots of big baby items and we really don't have room for a full-size crib, so I have to make a decision and stick with it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-19-2009, 11:47 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hey, I'm now to posting on here, but I've been reading every so often and just ran across your question.

We use the original arm's reach and LOVE it. DD is almost 5 months and still sleeping in it. It's been great, as I can just reach over and get her and then put her back after her 10-minute nightly nursing sessions. We tried co-sleeping, but she sleeps less when she's co-sleeping than when she's in the co-sleeper.

However, we use a nursing pillow that she sleeps in, so she's not rolling all over the place at night. She loves to snuggle in it and looks like she's content and snuggly.

I did use a pnp when we were at my parents' house (she was about 2 months old) and it was all right. It wasn't the basinette part, but the bottom mattress. She sleep just as soundly there as in her co-sleeper.

However, I did end up with an unexpected c-section and was so thankful to have the co-sleeper. I didn't have to bend all the way down, which for me would have been a killer.

So I always recommend the co-sleeper.

Have you thought about side-carring a crib if you don't have a lot of room? Here's a site I ran across a few weeks that got me thinking about it. When we move out of the co-sleeper, it's probably what we'll do. http://www.freewebs.com/sidecarcrib/index.htm

User Tag List