naked family bed - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 33 Old 04-12-2009, 01:05 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
No issues, just curious if anyone does. I'm a nude sleeper (have been for years) ds and dds do, and Ashley sleeps in an unbuttoned nightshirt.
#2 of 33 Old 04-12-2009, 01:11 AM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
its dd and me. dd all the time. me sometimes.

and its not just sleeping time either. other times too.

treehugger.gif Co-parent, joy.gifcold.gifbrand new homeschooling middle schoolerjoy.gif, and an attackcat.gif 
#3 of 33 Old 04-12-2009, 01:19 AM

we'd have a very wet bed if we all slept nekkid (between me leaking and dd, well, leaking). But dh and I sleep in just our underwear and dd sleeps in just a diaper now that it's warming up.

It's funny, tho - before I got pregnant i always slept in the nude (dh has always worn boxers and socks), but once I hit the 2nd trimester I had to have a nightgown on.

Me read.gif, Kenny REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, Liv blahblah.gif, Evie baby.gif, & brokenheart.gif
#4 of 33 Old 04-12-2009, 12:09 PM

Yeah, we do. Not always, like I might not take off pajamas I put on previously or if it's cold or something.

As for leaking, we have a waterproof pad for that. We're pretty consistent with ECing at night though so the real moisture issue is Lina's head sweating and making a icky cold spot.:
#5 of 33 Old 04-12-2009, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meemee View Post
its dd and me. dd all the time. me sometimes.

and its not just sleeping time either. other times too.
:

unless I fall asleep before I get my clothes off. DS is swaddled and DD is always naked when were home. DH may or may not wear underwear.

Kimberly, Mama to DD (8/22/05) and DS-UC! (8/10/08)
Moving to the country, goin' get a lot of
#6 of 33 Old 04-12-2009, 01:09 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
DH tends to wear underwear, but I think it's just to reduce the chance of getting a small foot tangled in his testicles.
#7 of 33 Old 04-12-2009, 01:16 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
deleted
#8 of 33 Old 04-12-2009, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treasuremapper View Post
Reason: i do not want to participate on this thread
ah, but why not?

I could never see this one turning negative..

so, to answer the question, we alternate I prefer to have jammas and my partner prefers to be nekkid, though not so much when the older kids are in bed . I usually end up without a shirt (due to a fondling babe) and I occasionally have to strip down due to a diaper leak..

bottom line, if it stops working we change it. everyone in our bed must be comfortable with the sleeping arrangements and, lately, nudity doesn't fit in as much.. I also worry about cps catching wind- it's bad enough [for them] that we don't vax, don't do pediatricians, do co-sleep, do UP/UC, eat vegan, et cetera.. They don't need us sleeping nekkid too

mischievous.gif
#9 of 33 Old 04-12-2009, 02:03 PM

Quote:
it's bad enough [for them] that we don't vax, don't do pediatricians, do co-sleep, do UP/UC, eat vegan, et cetera.. They don't need us sleeping nekkid too
how considerate of you!! Thats funny...

we all sleep naked usually, except for me and baby who sometimes wear a shirt. we ec at night, so everything stays dry and i don't like having to figure out how to get pants on and off of the baby while both of us are half asleep...
dp is adamant about himself sleeping naked; always has been. i wonder if that will change as dd gets a little older (she is one today!) or what.

Katie
#10 of 33 Old 04-12-2009, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katiesk View Post
how considerate of you!!

and : to your little lovey!

mischievous.gif
#11 of 33 Old 04-12-2009, 03:15 PM

we're naked sleepers too. except for DD. she refuses to be under the covers so i put her in jammies every night. it works out, because we don't get feet in uncomfortable places.
#12 of 33 Old 04-12-2009, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn08 View Post
It's funny, tho - before I got pregnant i always slept in the nude (dh has always worn boxers and socks), but once I hit the 2nd trimester I had to have a nightgown on.
Haha it's the opposite for me. I always wanted a nightgown and a snuggly blanket. Now I wear next to nothing.

DH meanwhile, must have night-time diabetes or something. Not kidding you, he wears boxers, fleece pants, a t-shirt and a fleece sweatshirt to bed. And he wants the heater running at 70 through the night.

So if you peeked into our room one night, you'd see DH, shivering under his blanket and 2 layers of clothing, then me and DD on the other side, half naked and sweating.

And this from the guy who wears summer clothes and sandals outside during winter....

Mama to expecting Babe 2
#13 of 33 Old 04-12-2009, 10:03 PM

Dh is naked, I've had a long sleeved shirt on due to it being cold and not being able to pull the covers up to my chin, and DD has a diaper and either a long/short sleeved shirt also due to it being cold. As soon as it warms up I'm sure it will be down to just the diaper on DD. I love being able to feel my loved ones' skin and in a completely non-sexual way, just want to make that clear. I think we're pretty touch deprived today and especially bare skin touch deprived, so it's nice to have that all night long. As soon as it's not comfortable anymore we'll change it, but for now I'm loving it.

Mama to my Addie Bug wool.gif (10/2008) and angel1.gif (6/2010); nursing student & childbirth educator
#14 of 33 Old 04-12-2009, 10:04 PM

DH sleeps nekkid. DD sleeps with pullup and t-shirt when cold. For me, it's totally dependent on the weather. When it's cold I wear a nightie, when it's hot I wear nothing.
#15 of 33 Old 04-12-2009, 10:33 PM

The kids dont sleep naked because they pee at night.. lol. however mike and I do sleep naked.

earth.gif trottin', pole dancing, Norway and Sweden lovin' , hippie.gif,WOHM Kiddos born waterbirth.jpg 12/11/06 and 08/09/08 
belly.gif with #3 puke.gif EDD:01/2013 yikes2.gif So in love loveeyes.gif with my sweet Swede 2twins.gif and my bonus-son 10/25/98 carrot.gif

#16 of 33 Old 04-12-2009, 10:40 PM

While breastfeeding I always found it harder to sleep with clothes ON rather than without... though at the time their father worked third shift so it was just me and the baby(s) in bed... adding his body temperature in (and scratchy body fur) was guaranteed to get me to thrown on at least a big shirt. Hate sticking to other peoples bodies... lol... especially hairy ones.

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
#17 of 33 Old 04-13-2009, 12:20 AM

I have just one question for everyone who sleeps naked...how the heck do you stop your skin from sticking/rubbing against itself? In the winter, I get a horrible rash behind my knees & on my inner thighs if I don't wear pants (think it's from trying to curl up to get warm). In summer, everything sticks together & drives me insane.

mom to all boys B: 08/01ribboncesarean.gif,  C: 07/05 uc.jpg, N: 03/09 uc.jpg, M: 01/12 uc.jpg and far too many lost onesintactlact.gifsaynovax.gif

#18 of 33 Old 04-13-2009, 02:15 AM

I sleep with PJs on because I get cold and also to protect my boobs from night-twiddling, but I don't have a problem with nudie cosleeping families.

Have you seen the updated user agreement yet?
#19 of 33 Old 04-13-2009, 02:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devaskyla View Post
I have just one question for everyone who sleeps naked...how the heck do you stop your skin from sticking/rubbing against itself? In the winter, I get a horrible rash behind my knees & on my inner thighs if I don't wear pants (think it's from trying to curl up to get warm). In summer, everything sticks together & drives me insane.
I just don't. If I did, I'd be in pajamas. Just like I wear socks to bed when my feet are rough and wear pajamas when I'm cold.

I've slept with just a hat on before because I was cold, and the hat made the difference.
#20 of 33 Old 04-13-2009, 03:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire_chan View Post
I've slept with just a hat on before because I was cold, and the hat made the difference.
#21 of 33 Old 04-13-2009, 03:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by etv78 View Post
No issues, just curious if anyone does. I'm a nude sleeper (have been for years) ds and dds do, and Ashley sleeps in an unbuttoned nightshirt.
Quote:
Originally Posted by almadianna View Post
The kids dont sleep naked because they pee at night.
Alma's answer is mine. They both wear diapers to bed.
Other than that, they're naked. If it's a tad cold, or if we just bathed prior to bedtime and Sophia's hair isn't dry yet, I put a long sleeve shirt on her for bed.

My husband and I always sleep naked.

Quote:
I have just one question for everyone who sleeps naked...how the heck do you stop your skin from sticking/rubbing against itself?
No matter the weather outside, I like a cool bedroom. I have a box fan blowing toward the bed all year long, partly for white noise, mostly to keep it cool in there. I cannot sleep when it's too warm.

Katreena, peace.gif 39 year old Alaskan treehugger.gif Mama to 1 hearts.gif and 1 lady.gif gd.gif

#22 of 33 Old 04-13-2009, 11:17 AM

We have fans in the room too so we dont sweat at night or get sticky. If we did, we wouldnt sleep naked!

earth.gif trottin', pole dancing, Norway and Sweden lovin' , hippie.gif,WOHM Kiddos born waterbirth.jpg 12/11/06 and 08/09/08 
belly.gif with #3 puke.gif EDD:01/2013 yikes2.gif So in love loveeyes.gif with my sweet Swede 2twins.gif and my bonus-son 10/25/98 carrot.gif

#23 of 33 Old 04-13-2009, 02:06 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
This changes up depending on weather for us. Though I pretty much always have a shirt on because I am completely psycho about twiddling. Don't touch my freakin nipples.

And I avoid rash between my legs by sleeping with a pillow between my thighs.

My advice may not be appropriate for you. That's ok. You are just fine how you are and I am the right kind of me.

#24 of 33 Old 04-13-2009, 02:31 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
The toddler wears a dipe at night and a shirt in the winter since she doesn't stay tucked in the covers but everyone else prefers to wear nothing to bed. My 6y old flat out refuses to wear clothes to bed, she hates them.

There is no way to happiness, happiness is the way.
#25 of 33 Old 04-13-2009, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Ugh, no kidding. Also, DS's claws have a tendency to scratch sensitive areas. So I don't generally sleep naked. I absolutely cannot wear socks to bed though, so my feet are always naked.

DH wears a sweatshirt and then complains that he's hot.

Mommy to an exuberant 3 yo bouncy.gif and a new one!  nak.gif

#26 of 33 Old 04-13-2009, 05:20 PM

Husband sleeps naked usually, daughter in a sleeper gown, and I always wear a nursing bra. Whatever works for each of us!
#27 of 33 Old 04-13-2009, 06:18 PM

I cannot sleep with clothing on, though I do wear undies some nights. Anything additional is way too restrictive and uncomfortable for me.

My youngest usually just wears a diaper, though sometimes I'll dress him in jammies. DH varies -- may be boxers/underwear, or what he wore for the day if he's so exhausted that he lays down and passes out.

We have a ceiling fan on every night and the A/C in the summer; heat on if it's cold. I'm big on it being a comfortable temperature w/o the need for clothing since I obviously have a big problem sleeping w/any on and would prefer to wear a minimal amount around the house-- but we don't have much for curtains and have a lot of big windows.

ribboncesarean.gif cesareans happen.
#28 of 33 Old 04-13-2009, 07:27 PM

We're transitioning DD (almost three) into her own bed now but when we were cosleeping, she was usually in just a diaper. DH always sleeps naked, and I only started wearning clothes after I weaned her.
#29 of 33 Old 04-13-2009, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire_chan View Post

But it is very true though, if I am cold (day or night, summer or winter) I just put on my favorite, wool hat, and I'm not cold anymore.

-pixie, my dear, and (A-88), N-98, Littlest-06/00-08/00, J-03 & Little Miss Cotton Ball Button-03 (SN), S-05, Hope-loss 09/09, Bean-loss 04/10, and littlePopcorn due feb. 8th -11.
#30 of 33 Old 04-13-2009, 11:53 PM

No clothes here. DD is a totally nudey butt...Almost always has been. I start with a tank on and end up nude. I have often woken with feet everywhere so to speak. LOL! When I was pregnant had to wear bottoms not sure why

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page