Co-sleeping pillow/bumper? x-posted in parenting sleep forum - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 10 Old 04-18-2009, 03:38 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi ladies,

I posted this in the parenting/sleep forum but haven't had any replies yet. So I'm wondering if any co-sleeping moms over here used the pillow/bumper thing to keep baby in bed. I've looked at both the Humanity co-sleep pillow and the tres tria. Humanity has the extra bonus of an absorbent pad. Dose anyone have anything positive or negative to say about either of these items? We don't really have a good wall to push our bed against with windows and doors. (ok there is one, but it would be pretty awkward.) So we are looking for options to make this work for us. I appreciate your insight! Thanks.
#2 of 10 Old 04-18-2009, 03:49 PM

i slept alone with my daughter in a king sized bed. no matter how far i tried to sleep from her she eventually wiggled herself right up against me. there was never any danger of her falling out as long as i, and my breasts, were in bed.

i have the mattress on box springs only, no frame. when she napped i'd put pillows along side her so that she couldn't fall even that far.

Boys: 12/94, 1/99, 11/03, 6/11. Girls: 11/06, 10/09, 12/12 2ndtri.gif

#3 of 10 Old 04-18-2009, 08:25 PM

I was looking for the same thing (and wanted it to double as a pregnancy pillow) and got the Tres Tria. I'm happy with it so far. It's worked pretty well as a pregnancy pillow, especially as I've gotten bigger - I heard the humanity bed pillow compressed some if used as a pregnancy pillow. I think it will work well as a bolster, although hopefully I'll be better able to get around it and get out of bed when I'm not pregnant! The washable pad seemed like a nice feature, but I decided that I'd rather use towels for that purpose because they're easier to switch in and out. The Tres Tria was also cheaper and I preferred latex over the polyfiber filling.
#4 of 10 Old 04-18-2009, 10:32 PM

well we dropped our bed off the frame and its just the mattress and box spring on the floor so if the baby did fall it would be a shorter drop then we used a bed rail http://www.amazon.com/Safety-1st-Sec.../dp/B0000E0JDV ours is similar to this

Betsy, Mommy to DS (10) DD (4) DS (2) and DS (1)
#5 of 10 Old 04-18-2009, 11:27 PM

We are getting this http://www.gobedbug.com/GOPAGES/infantcosleep.htm

75% Crunchy 25% Smooth
Raising 2 peanuts. #3 due in June bellyhair.gif

#6 of 10 Old 04-20-2009, 11:26 AM - Thread Starter

Thank you for all of the great input!
#7 of 10 Old 04-20-2009, 11:34 AM

I co-slept with my first 2 and will with this one as well. I also slept alone in a king-size bed with the babies.

We were able to move the bed against the wall, but when they start becoming more mobile, we put the mattress on the floor and surround it with pillows. I find body pillows handy for this.

Single Mom with a BF  stillheart.gif  Mommy to 2 girlsphotosmile2.gif blahblah.gif & 2 boys jog.gifsuperhero.gif nocirc.gif

wash.gif banghead.gif Using the Law of Attraction candle.gif om.gif Loving my Family  cat.gif 

#8 of 10 Old 04-20-2009, 04:51 PM

Not pg. but came upon this post. We used this:

http://www.snugtuckpillow.com/

With our little ds from the time he was a newborn until he went into his own bed. He is 5 and still has it on his bed to keep him from bumping the wall (since he doesn't fall out of bed now at his age).

~Rose~ 

Homeschooling Mom to Two Boys, 13 & 9. rainbow1284.gif Baby Girl Arriving April 2013!

#9 of 10 Old 04-20-2009, 05:23 PM

Moved to the FB and NP.

Being right is not always fair, but being fair is always right
#10 of 10 Old 04-21-2009, 04:51 AM

This is what we've been using since dd was about 5 mos: Dex Safe Sleeper Bed Rail 48 "

It's worked well for us. We have a queen bed and can't put it on the floor due to the necessity of using the underside for storage. Also because of the smaller queen bed, I didn't want to give up any more space to a pillow on my bed, a choice I do not regret, especially now that dd's getting bigger. With the bar in the middle of the mesh, it's more stable than some rails, but dd toppled over on it a couple times and bumped her head so I made sure to keep it covered with a blanket until her balance got better. The thing's solid tho and dd has grabbed onto it and shaken the heck and it hardly moves (granted with me standing right in front of her of course so she doesn't topple over it).

Anna wife to Phil & sahm to Iris (5/08) "Repetition does not transform a lie into a truth." - Franklin D. Roosevelt (1882 - 1945), radio address, October 26, 1939

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page