organic crib mattress for sidecarred crib - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 07-12-2009, 05:04 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
We will be purchasing a crib soon and plan to sidecar it. We will be getting the Pacific Rim crib. It is expensive but seems to be the least toxic choice (other than getting an unfinished one, but we don't have the time or space to finish it ourselves.)

Since we decided on the crib, we are now looking/researching organic crib mattresses. So far all I know is that I want one with a natural latex core, (not synthetic latex) and no innerspring. I would like it to have organic wool batting covered with a quilted organic cotton top. And I want it to be firm for the baby (she is still very small--so no dimpled futon style or too soft mattresses due to SIDS hazards.)

But there are SO many choices out there! I am overwhelmed. Can those of you who have organic crib mattresses let me know what ones you like and where you got them? (Good ethical online store with good shipping deals?)

Midwife mama bellycast.gif to DD1 bouncy.gif (4.5) and DD2 h20homebirth.gif (1.5)
#2 of 4 Old 07-12-2009, 09:26 PM

organicgrace.com and savvyrest.com

both carry the all natural latex w/ organic cotton cover
#3 of 4 Old 07-14-2009, 03:26 PM

We have thisone, it is exactly what you described. I love it, it is really comfy for when I lie on it to nurse DS. I know it is pricey but is it worth it to me, oh and it is in CND $. Also this store is just down the street from me and they are very ethical

We have our crib sidecarred and went with the cheapest Ikea frame it is finished with natural oils and is designed to take a side off.

Scarlett bfinfant.gif , DH Boris geek.gif , DS 1/29/08 Julian kid.gif DD2 6/7/12 babygirl.gif missing our DD 1/06/06 Sonja angel3.gif and MC @ 9 wks 11/18/06 Satchel  angel.gif

#4 of 4 Old 07-14-2009, 04:40 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks all! I didn't see these replies until today.

We went with the Ecobaby 5" rubber mattress from Purerest. http://www.purerest.com/ORGANIC-Crib...rib-Mattresses

It is 4.5 inches of natural latex with organic wool batting quilted with organic cotton on the top. It makes it 5". They also had the same thing in a 6" option, (Harmony Deluxe crib mattress) but we opted to go with the 5" one, it was a little less expensive which was great, but mostly because we thought it would be easier for sidecarring to have it a little lower--If we find we need more height we can put a board under it. Our bed is already super high off the ground (tall frame plus pillowtop mattress.) So we will probably be using the highest crib mattress setting anyway.

We bought it from Euphoria Baby http://www.euphoriababy.com/ and after talking with them they now offer Pacific Rim cribs too---So I could do all my ordering in the same place online. They have great customer service.

Midwife mama bellycast.gif to DD1 bouncy.gif (4.5) and DD2 h20homebirth.gif (1.5)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page