Mothering Forum banner

organic crib mattress for sidecarred crib

636 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  nukuspot 
#1 ·
We will be purchasing a crib soon and plan to sidecar it. We will be getting the Pacific Rim crib. It is expensive but seems to be the least toxic choice (other than getting an unfinished one, but we don't have the time or space to finish it ourselves.)

Since we decided on the crib, we are now looking/researching organic crib mattresses. So far all I know is that I want one with a natural latex core, (not synthetic latex) and no innerspring. I would like it to have organic wool batting covered with a quilted organic cotton top. And I want it to be firm for the baby (she is still very small--so no dimpled futon style or too soft mattresses due to SIDS hazards.)

But there are SO many choices out there! I am overwhelmed. Can those of you who have organic crib mattresses let me know what ones you like and where you got them? (Good ethical online store with good shipping deals?)

#3 ·
We have thisone, it is exactly what you described. I love it, it is really comfy for when I lie on it to nurse DS. I know it is pricey but is it worth it to me, oh and it is in CND $. Also this store is just down the street from me and they are very ethical

We have our crib sidecarred and went with the cheapest Ikea frame it is finished with natural oils and is designed to take a side off.

#4 ·
Thanks all! I didn't see these replies until today.

We went with the Ecobaby 5" rubber mattress from Purerest. http://www.purerest.com/ORGANIC-Crib...rib-Mattresses

It is 4.5 inches of natural latex with organic wool batting quilted with organic cotton on the top. It makes it 5". They also had the same thing in a 6" option, (Harmony Deluxe crib mattress) but we opted to go with the 5" one, it was a little less expensive which was great, but mostly because we thought it would be easier for sidecarring to have it a little lower--If we find we need more height we can put a board under it. Our bed is already super high off the ground (tall frame plus pillowtop mattress.) So we will probably be using the highest crib mattress setting anyway.

We bought it from Euphoria Baby http://www.euphoriababy.com/ and after talking with them they now offer Pacific Rim cribs too---So I could do all my ordering in the same place online. They have great customer service.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.