Looking for a bed bumper for co-sleeping with newborn - Mothering Forums
Co-sleeping and the Family Bed > Looking for a bed bumper for co-sleeping with newborn
sunflowergrrl's Avatar sunflowergrrl 11:05 PM 08-06-2009
Hi everyone,

I'm new here and expecting my 3rd baby in a few months. Can anyone recommend a brand of safety bumper that goes on a bed so baby won't fall out but I can climb over it? I have a bed rail that I used for my 4 yr old but I need something I can climb over and also something that a little face couldn't get trapped in. I have seen these advertised before, but now I can't find them! thank you!

Lisa

SandraS's Avatar SandraS 11:53 AM 08-07-2009
I've never used one while co-sleeping, but I've read here about people using pool noodles under the fitted sheet...
D'sMama's Avatar D'sMama 12:15 PM 08-07-2009
There's the humanity co-sleeping pad. Or Bed Bugz (I think that's what they're called.)

I've never used one. DS has slept in the middle of our king size bed since birth. Never been a problem. When he goes to bed before us at night, I just stick my Boppy pillow on the side of him that's closest to the edge.
ReadingRenee's Avatar ReadingRenee 12:44 PM 08-07-2009
I have to recommend this:
http://www.gobedbug.com/

I love this thing. I saw people here on MDC recommending them when I was pg so I got one and Im glad I did. I especially love this because there is no worry about gaps or spaces for your baby to get caught in since it just fits under your sheet. Also once you get it situated it stays in place very well. I don't have my baby inbetween me and dh very often, she sleeps next to me with the rail on the other side. I wish I had known about these (or maybe they didn't exist) with dd1. They work perfectly for what I need.

Hope this helps.
Dazedstella 01:05 PM 08-07-2009
a snug tuck pillow

we got this recently from recommendations on here and love it.
Harmony08's Avatar Harmony08 07:22 PM 08-09-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadingRenee View Post

I love this thing. I saw people here on MDC recommending them when I was pg so I got one and Im glad I did. I especially love this because there is no worry about gaps or spaces for your baby to get caught in since it just fits under your sheet. Also once you get it situated it stays in place very well. I don't have my baby inbetween me and dh very often, she sleeps next to me with the rail on the other side. I wish I had known about these (or maybe they didn't exist) with dd1. They work perfectly for what I need.

Hope this helps.
I second this. We have the travel set and have used them at hotels, Granny's, etc.
To-Fu's Avatar To-Fu 05:33 PM 08-11-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazedstella View Post
a snug tuck pillow

we got this recently from recommendations on here and love it.
Oh my gosh, we LOVE our Snug Tuck Pillow! It's been so great, and way better than a high plastic railing.
Limabean1975's Avatar Limabean1975 05:37 PM 08-11-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadingRenee View Post
I have those too - a short one the head of the bed and a long one along the side, so it forms a little corner for baby beside me. It's perfect - I too wish I had had them for my first! THe Snug Tuck looks great but the bed bug is ALOT cheaper.
Up