Looking for a bed bumper for co-sleeping with newborn - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 08-06-2009, 10:05 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi everyone,

I'm new here and expecting my 3rd baby in a few months. Can anyone recommend a brand of safety bumper that goes on a bed so baby won't fall out but I can climb over it? I have a bed rail that I used for my 4 yr old but I need something I can climb over and also something that a little face couldn't get trapped in. I have seen these advertised before, but now I can't find them! thank you!

Lisa

Lisa, proud Army wife to DH and stay-at-home-mama to Alex (4), Cassidy (2), and brand spankin' new Bridgette.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 8 Old 08-07-2009, 10:53 AM

I've never used one while co-sleeping, but I've read here about people using pool noodles under the fitted sheet...

SANDRA, 41 year old VERY laid-back mama to VERY free range kids Brett (16), Justus (11), Autumn (4), and Ayla (1)... four perfect NCB's! :::
#3 of 8 Old 08-07-2009, 11:15 AM

There's the humanity co-sleeping pad. Or Bed Bugz (I think that's what they're called.)

I've never used one. DS has slept in the middle of our king size bed since birth. Never been a problem. When he goes to bed before us at night, I just stick my Boppy pillow on the side of him that's closest to the edge.

SAHM to DS Jan09, DD Mar11. lactivist.gifintactivist.giffamilybed2.gifhomebirth.jpguc.jpgwinner.jpggd.gifcaffix.gif

#4 of 8 Old 08-07-2009, 11:44 AM

I have to recommend this:
http://www.gobedbug.com/

I love this thing. I saw people here on MDC recommending them when I was pg so I got one and Im glad I did. I especially love this because there is no worry about gaps or spaces for your baby to get caught in since it just fits under your sheet. Also once you get it situated it stays in place very well. I don't have my baby inbetween me and dh very often, she sleeps next to me with the rail on the other side. I wish I had known about these (or maybe they didn't exist) with dd1. They work perfectly for what I need.

Hope this helps.

Shelley, married to my wonderful DH and mama to DD (11) DD (5) and  DD (2)
#5 of 8 Old 08-07-2009, 12:05 PM

a snug tuck pillow

we got this recently from recommendations on here and love it.

-M-, mama to G 4/09joy.gif

#6 of 8 Old 08-09-2009, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadingRenee View Post

I love this thing. I saw people here on MDC recommending them when I was pg so I got one and Im glad I did. I especially love this because there is no worry about gaps or spaces for your baby to get caught in since it just fits under your sheet. Also once you get it situated it stays in place very well. I don't have my baby inbetween me and dh very often, she sleeps next to me with the rail on the other side. I wish I had known about these (or maybe they didn't exist) with dd1. They work perfectly for what I need.

Hope this helps.
I second this. We have the travel set and have used them at hotels, Granny's, etc.

I have boys! My first baby boy was born 10/08 and my second baby boy was born 7/12

#7 of 8 Old 08-11-2009, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazedstella View Post
a snug tuck pillow

we got this recently from recommendations on here and love it.
Oh my gosh, we LOVE our Snug Tuck Pillow! It's been so great, and way better than a high plastic railing.

Have you seen the updated user agreement yet?
#8 of 8 Old 08-11-2009, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadingRenee View Post
I have those too - a short one the head of the bed and a long one along the side, so it forms a little corner for baby beside me. It's perfect - I too wish I had had them for my first! THe Snug Tuck looks great but the bed bug is ALOT cheaper.

DS 12/22/05 and DD 5/24/09

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page