Mothering Forum banner

What do you use for white noise?

1K views 31 replies 31 participants last post by  CoastieWife09 
#1 ·
I'm wondering what people use as their white noise for the little ones? I tried a static-y radio station, but it doesn't seem to make any difference. Any other (practical) ideas?
TIA!

#3 ·
box fan

Dh has always needed one to sleep so dd just got use to sleeping with the noise. Now we have one for dd's room, too. We've found that lots of our overnight guest really like having a fan for their room.

Living in an apartment for 15+yrs, I've found a fan perfect for blocking out neighbour noises.

#12 ·
I prefer the box fan, but my partner hates it. We're looking at other options.

I know the iPhone has a white noise app that I'd like to try out, but I think that would involve purchasing another iHome. Maybe we should just go for it.

There was a mama on here a while back whose husband created some white noise tracks for (free) download. Maybe she'll pop back in to share the link again!

#17 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by thea77 View Post
I'm wondering what people use as their white noise for the little ones? I tried a static-y radio station, but it doesn't seem to make any difference. Any other (practical) ideas?
TIA!
I use a box fan on the floor of the bedroom. But it's not really for them, it's for me. I can't sleep without otherwise my noisy neighborhood would wake me constantly. I also can't stand falling asleep with stagnant air surrounding me. Ick. I don't care how cold it is, that air needs to move!

#20 ·
I use a big round fan year round. I cannot sleep without it because I can hear every little sound and my ears make noise.

#24 ·
I use the tranquil moments machine from Brookstone. The full version has 12 sounds. It is excellent!! You don't have any break from the looping of the track and I just love it. A really great investment. Now that I have 2 kids, it really drowns out the noise from my older son when my younger son is napping.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.