Sleep routine for bed sharing? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 09-12-2009, 06:57 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Several of my friends have recently told me they have sleep routines, which really help their babies get to sleep. I am having a lot of trouble sleeping in recent months, and I'm hoping a sleep routine with help both me and DS get to sleep more quickly at night. BUT... DH watches TV at night, in bed, and it would start a BIG fight if we discussed changing that particular habit. If worse comes to worse, we can discuss it, but I'm looking for other, more creative solutions to a night time routine, because at this point, the TV often distracts DS if it suddenly gets bright, or if there's music he likes on a commercial or something.

My friends have a story, or a bath, then feed baby, then go to sleep. I've thought of having a white noise machine or a bedtime CD to listen to before bed. I've also started having a cup of herbal tea just before the routine to help me get ready for it.

I would love your thoughts.

Wife to DH (10/2004) ~ Mama to DS (1/2009) ~ belly.gif (11/2011)
#2 of 3 Old 09-12-2009, 07:22 PM

Gosh, that's tough...the only thing I can think of is to get some sort of headphones set up with the TV for your husband and position everyone so the baby is shielded from most of the light from the TV.

How does your son deal with being moved after he falls asleep? Could you two settle in somewhere else for awhile and then move to the bed after the TV's off?
#3 of 3 Old 09-12-2009, 11:17 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by prothyraia View Post
Gosh, that's tough...the only thing I can think of is to get some sort of headphones set up with the TV for your husband and position everyone so the baby is shielded from most of the light from the TV.

How does your son deal with being moved after he falls asleep? Could you two settle in somewhere else for awhile and then move to the bed after the TV's off?
Well, we don't have any other beds in the house... That's an idea, though. I could fall asleep with him in arms in a dark room, then we could move to his room once DH is ready to turn off the TV.

Wife to DH (10/2004) ~ Mama to DS (1/2009) ~ belly.gif (11/2011)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page