Please! We just want our bedroom back - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 02-09-2004, 03:47 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'll try to make this as short as possible. Dd slept with us until 6 1/2 mos. We moved her to a crib in our room 'cuz she had started crawling out of bed. She always woke several times during the night to nurse and is a light sleeper so dh moved out to the couch in the livingroom (he's quite a snorer LOL!). Dd still woke many times, but I would take her out of the crib, nurse her and off to sleep she'd go. I moved out of the bedroom to sleep on the livingroom floor (ouch) to see if she would wake less. It worked--she started waking 2 or 3 times and would nurse only one of those--she'd latch on the other 2 and then just crash out almost instantly. I moved back in to see what would happen--yup, she woke constantly. Now, I am sleeping in other dd's room in her bunkbed and dh is still on the couch. Our plan is to move her crib into older dd's room someday, but now she is waking once or twice and both times she wakens she latches on and falls asleep almost instantly. She's obviously no hungry, but wakes and can't find her way back to sleep--I just don't know what to do. dh and I have been intimate twice! since she was born and things are starting to get very stressful. Dd will be a year on the 25th. I never let any of my other children cry, but I don't know what to do here. I miss my bed, my husband in it, but don't want to mess up dd for life either. sorry if this is so rambling and long--i know there's more i wanted to write, but if anyone has any ideas thank you so much
#2 of 2 Old 02-10-2004, 02:32 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
You can check out this guy's advice, since she's almost one.

www.drjaygordon.com

Midwife (CPM, LDM) and homeschooling mama to:
13yo ds   10yo dd  8yo ds and 6yo ds and 1yo ds  

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page