Breaking Point Mamas Unite - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 159 Old 10-25-2009, 08:11 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
AAAAARRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#62 of 159 Old 10-25-2009, 02:49 PM

I'm in the same boat. Eleanor *did* gradually work up to STTN as a newborn and for three blissful nights actually STTN when she was 8 weeks old, but within a week or so she was back to waking up every 2 hours or so, and besides a few very rare nights where she only wakes up twice she wakes up at least every 2 hours, often more. On top of that, she still nurses almost like a newborn and will only rarely eat even semi-significant amounts of solids. Both DH and I were not good sleepers as babies either.

Last night she was up from 3-5 after having already woken twice, woke again at 6:30, and was up for the day at 7:30.

What's really frustrating to me is that I KNOW she can put herself back to sleep since I've seen her do it! Just a few nights ago DH's alarm was set for earlier than usual and woke all 3 of us up (Eleanor sleeps in a crib in our room) - I thought for sure she'd want me when I saw her push herself up on her arms and look over at us, but she laid back down and slept for another hour or so. I just REALLY wish she'd start doing that on a regular basis! I've been trying the NCSS, and she's at the point where she'll usually accept being put down when she's not totally asleep, but it hasn't had any impact on how long she sleeps.

I don't think I'm really at the breaking point yet, but I can really feel the sleep deprivation catching up with me, and I never feel at all rested.

It's a good thing she's so cute and cheerful and curious - I'm sure it'll be much more difficult when she starts having tantrums.

reading.gif Wife to DH geek.gif  since 08/06. Mother to Eleanor Rose energy.gif, born 10/12/08.  h20homebirth.gif
#63 of 159 Old 10-25-2009, 04:22 PM

I thought I had it bad with 5 or 6 night wakings max, but appreciate now that that was minor to what other mamas are dealing with.

About teething, hyland's makes a teething gel that has comforted my ds (not lactose based) and i have read that camillia works well (got some but haven't tried it). Also have found tylenol and motrin to be a big help.

DS went through a real rough patch around 14 mos, but now his molars are mostly through and after a couple of months went back to usually only waking once or twice to nurse.

I know alot of people are anti-paci, but it has really helped me with transitioning a sleeping baby who is latched on. Also I usually offer it first during night wakings, sometimes he takes it and we all get back to sleep sooner, but when he wants to nurse he will have none of it (but will take it when he is done nursing).
#64 of 159 Old 10-26-2009, 10:03 AM

i'm officially joining. . .i haven't slept longer than 1 hour in a week and i'm losing my freakin mind!

my 15 month old daughter has never slept well, but she did work her way to 3 or 4 hr stretches, this last week she's been congested and teething (at least i think it's teething-she popped her first 4 teeth in july after us blaming her not sleeping on teething since she was 4 months old!) now she has gotten 2 more teeth 2 weeks ago, but i know it's time for more teeth and she's been biting some more too

well, i work full time, go to school in the evenings, and she still breastfeeds like crazy at night and wont have anything to do with dad at night--i'm nuts and it's really causing problems.

i'm ill at work, ill at home, and i'm not sure what to do. my dh is throwing it in my face that we didn't/don't cio

and it's monday

I'm Kelly, Mom to Merryn 7/28/08 and twins Luke & Thad born 9/26/2011
Can It Get Any Better Than This? Well, I guess it just did!joy.gif

#65 of 159 Old 10-27-2009, 07:02 PM

Okay, I take back what I said a few days ago about having the worst night ever. Last night is now officially the worst night ever. I wonder how many times I'm going to say that. So bad that even DH said that DS is now going to be an only child.

Will try to catch up with you mamas later. Too tired to type.

Big hugs, lots of patience and a good night sleep to everyone!

Wife, mom to DS (4), DD (2) and baby heart 2.7.13

#66 of 159 Old 10-27-2009, 08:13 PM
Banned

Wow. What a night last night. I can't believe I'm not still reeling.

Put DD down at 9. She slept a half hour ALONE. For the first time in WEEKS, DH and I had 30 whole minutes to ourselves. I was in heaven.

And then the night started. She woke and couldn't go back down. I went to bed with her at 11. Then she woke twice. Then DS woke up at 2...and did not go back to sleep until 6:30 AM. DH took a very short shift because of work, and I slept a few minutes here and there with him playing with my hair and talking at me, DD snuggled at the breast, waking every 30 min or so, until DD woke up FOR THE DAY at 4:45. I got DH to take over with DS, and I rocked and rocked with DD until she finally went back down at 7:30. Then she woke up again at 8 AM.

DH, DS, DD and I all played downstairs and mumbled at each other until 10 when she went back down again. DH stayed home "sick" so that I could go down with her and get some more rest. I felt a million times better when I woke up.

When we woke up, the first snow was falling outside, and everything was quiet and peaceful. I couldn't believe how amazing I felt looking out the window, with only 4ish hours of broken sleep and a short nap. But today is actually going okay. DS didn't nap, which means he'll be down at 7 for the night. Hopefully tonight will be better.

Mamas, this cannot go on much longer. I am so tired, and I am running to the grocery way too frequently to get more coffee.
#67 of 159 Old 10-27-2009, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by merryns.mom View Post
well, i work full time, go to school in the evenings, and she still breastfeeds like crazy at night and wont have anything to do with dad at night--i'm nuts and it's really causing problems.
Mama, I take my hat off to you. I could never do what you're doing right now.

I'm hoping the rest of the recent posters' LOs are just coming up on a big milestone - it's ALWAYS worse before something new.

I feel like we're one step forward and 3 steps back. DS is consistently putting himself to sleep at night and last night stayed asleep for THREE whole hours before I went to bed!! He hasn't done that in months. But then he was wriggling from 10:30, woke up at 11:30 for 2.5 hours.

I too was surprised I did not feel worse today. I'm getting used to it, but also DH gives me at least a 1 hour lie in every morning and it seems to make the world of difference.

Sleep tight tonight LOs of breaking point mamas.

babyboy.gif: 01/10/2009 and 09/29/2011

#68 of 159 Old 10-27-2009, 10:38 PM

have you read Jay Gordon's night weaning plan?

he is a crunchy ap pediatrician. His article makes sense. we were going to try it with our little one when he was 18 months old but d/t it hurting to nurse & being pregnant we ended up stopping nursing before we got to this plan.

Hugs to you mama. You must take care of yourself as well. what your baby is doing sounds pretty normal to me. My son was the same way. he slept ok until 3 months old then it was always something - teeth, travel etc. he slept with me & I nursed him - we both got a lot of sleep. but he would never go more than 2 hours without nursing esp at night. he was a major comfort nurser! but if you're gone in the day they tend to make up for not seeing you by nursing more at night. babies are social beings - once we stopped the night nursing he slept all night long. it was rough for a few days until he got used to the new routine.

read that article & see if you can use any of it to help you. good luck! every thing is a phase. this time in their lives passes so quickly & you are establishing a good foundation.
#69 of 159 Old 10-27-2009, 10:39 PM

DS1 didn't start sleeping well until he was eighteen months...which was when DS2 was born, so I haven't had a good night's sleep in a long, long, time. I seriously crave sleep.

DS2 is almost 15 months old and has never slept more than four hours at a time (that in itself is rare, most nights we're looking at 1-3 hour stretches). We're having a decent week right now, with only 3-4 wakings a night but at our worst, we are up every single hour or more. Lately, nursing seems to make him more wound up.

I've been at the breaking point many, many times. When it comes up in conversation, the response is ALWAYS "just let him cry" so I don't even discuss our sleep issues with anyone else anymore. I haven't met many people who really understand- I won't let him cry but just wait patiently for it to get better. It has to get better.

I truly feel for all of you mamas when I read your stories...
#70 of 159 Old 10-27-2009, 11:02 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by merryns.mom View Post
i'm officially joining. . .i haven't slept longer than 1 hour in a week and i'm losing my freakin mind!

my 15 month old daughter has never slept well, but she did work her way to 3 or 4 hr stretches, this last week she's been congested and teething (at least i think it's teething-she popped her first 4 teeth in july after us blaming her not sleeping on teething since she was 4 months old!) now she has gotten 2 more teeth 2 weeks ago, but i know it's time for more teeth and she's been biting some more too

i'm ill at work, ill at home, and i'm not sure what to do. my dh is throwing it in my face that we didn't/don't cio

and it's monday
Hugs, mama. I know what it's like when DH throws the "we should just let him cry" card. Take care of yourself.
#71 of 159 Old 10-27-2009, 11:08 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louisep View Post

I'm hoping the rest of the recent posters' LOs are just coming up on a big milestone - it's ALWAYS worse before something new.
Jane started crawling today! Maybe she will start sleeping better in a week or two when she's really got the hang of it.

DS went down at 8 and all is quiet. I am PRAYING that tonight will be better.

He didn't get teeth until 11mo, so I'm hoping DD will follow suit and we won't have to deal with that for a few more months. Besides, I love the gummy baby grin.

Hope all the LOs sleep better tonight.
#72 of 159 Old 10-27-2009, 11:14 PM

I have also noticed that Camilia works better than the Hyland's teething tablets. I worry though-because my oldest (now 5) didn't get her 2 year molars until after she turned 3! Teething didn't seem to bother her too much-but my dd now is soooooooo messed up from teething and seems to be following the same slow teething rate as her big sister.
#73 of 159 Old 10-28-2009, 02:28 AM

LL13 I wish I could come relieve you. You definitely sound like you're at the end of your rope in a big way and I wish I could help somehow.

Does anyone else's joints hurt? I have to ask because I've always had chronic back pain but nothing like I have since ds was born and I stopped sleeping. Anyone?

I also feel a little privileged compared to some of you. Ds doesn't sleep well or for long but he definitely doesn't require me to be right next to him constantly. He recently moved to the crib next to my bed except when he's nursing. We had a ARC but he kept falling (crawling/bulldozing) out of our bed all the time. He doesn't hold still when he sleeps so bedsharing is out for us.

I was reading some of Dr. Sears Sleep Book at the library today and it just reminded me how hard so many of us are working at nurturing our babies. It may not feel like it but we do have a choice in this. We are choosing not to let our babies CIO and scream until they give up. That's a big deal.

And to be honest in no way do I want to NW. I just want to nurse LESS. Or for ds to just sleep MORE.

Sigh.

We think greenearth.gif  Gentle mama to 3 amazing kiddos. Rainbow.gif Recovering from religion. heartbeat.gif

LIFEschooling. upsidedown.gif Extended NAKing. winner.jpg Graduated cloth diaperer. cd.gif

#74 of 159 Old 10-28-2009, 03:06 AM

There is for sure something going on with the moon, maybe the time change?, the atmosphere or the cosmos?! I haven't a clue, but EVERY SINGLE Mother I know has a non sleeping, up all night, constantly whining from tiredness, baby in pain either from teething or growing pains..something.

Even the CIO Mom's! One I know has stopped CIO at night because baby is in pain so she goes in rocks back to sleep and puts back in the crib.

Another has a 2 yr old who just started being violent, crabby and not sleeping this week. Another 2 both have 5/6 month olds who are waking all night and not napping...there's a conspiracy going on.

This is week 2 of...whatever this is...and evenings SUCK even worse now. She falls asleep on our walk as usual but wakes up when I get her into bed, every single time without fail, no matter what I try. So she's like "Goooood Evening! That was a great nap!" and doesn't even act tired until midnight.

But she doesn't wake until 10/11am the next day so at least I get 12 hours of interrupted sleep I guess. She is also napping better, 2 hours during the day again which is FANTASTIC so I can work!

So I guess it's not as bad as it was. The other day when I posted my war-cry was horrific. DH worked nights for 3 days over the wkend so I had absolutely no break or help, and to to top it off, I started my first period in what, 18 months?! I was beyond exhausted...and bit*hy.

HUGS to all you Mamas, we are strong and we WILL get through this!
#75 of 159 Old 10-28-2009, 11:40 AM
Banned

[QUOTE=LeoneLover13;14589459]
Quote:
There is for sure something going on with the moon, maybe the time change?, the atmosphere or the cosmos?! I haven't a clue, but EVERY SINGLE Mother I know has a non sleeping, up all night, constantly whining from tiredness, baby in pain either from teething or growing pains..something.
No kidding. Mine are both conspiring against me, because if one is sleeping great, the other one starts sucking at sleep. What's with that??

Quote:
This is week 2 of...whatever this is...and evenings SUCK even worse now. She falls asleep on our walk as usual but wakes up when I get her into bed, every single time without fail, no matter what I try. So she's like "Goooood Evening! That was a great nap!" and doesn't even act tired until midnight.
DS did this forever. DD has started doing it. She usually takes an evening nap around 6 and then doesn't go down til 9 or 10. I guess that's not so horrible.

Quote:
But she doesn't wake until 10/11am the next day so at least I get 12 hours of interrupted sleep I guess. She is also napping better, 2 hours during the day again which is FANTASTIC so I can work!
Hooray!!

Last night was not so bad. DS actually stayed down the whole time DH was out. DD slept in my lap until I went to bed at 10. Then both the kids took turns moving around for an hour and keeping me up. My DS is a snuggle seeking missile if I'm in the bed with him. I moved to the other bed, and we all slept a lot better. DD only woke up once and stayed dry all night! No getting up to pee! I hope it's a trend.
#76 of 159 Old 10-28-2009, 12:25 PM

Last night was awful. My parents came over in the evening to watch Transformers and I went into ds at least 7 times during the movie. Then we were up all night. I'm actually nursing him less at night but the problem right now is that he will lay down with a pacifier but I have to keep my arm shoved through the slats of the crib so I can rest my hand on his bottom, as soon as I move it he sits up and yells at me.

I love when dh is all moody in the morning and when I ask why he tells me "I didn't get much sleep, I heard ds waking up all night." (he sleeps on the other side of the house to escape the night time horror. Oh, poor you!

We think greenearth.gif  Gentle mama to 3 amazing kiddos. Rainbow.gif Recovering from religion. heartbeat.gif

LIFEschooling. upsidedown.gif Extended NAKing. winner.jpg Graduated cloth diaperer. cd.gif

#77 of 159 Old 10-28-2009, 01:04 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funny Face View Post

I love when dh is all moody in the morning and when I ask why he tells me "I didn't get much sleep, I heard ds waking up all night." (he sleeps on the other side of the house to escape the night time horror. Oh, poor you!
Oh, gosh, I used to get this too. We've slept in separate rooms pretty much since DS was born, and now DH sleeps with DS and I sleep with DD. He complains about getting up once or about DS being restless at night, when I have been up for hours a time with DD that night.

When I finally told him that I feel for him that he's tired, I just don't want to hear about it, he stopped telling me how awful his night was. He just asks for a nap later.
#78 of 159 Old 10-28-2009, 01:08 PM

I just found this thread... I am now feeling not so alone!

DD is 6mo and has not slept well yet, but in the last 2 mo has been an every 30-1hr waker. She was wanting to nurse, but now she just wants to be held. She is SO restless, turning her head from side to side, kicking, etc.

She is starting to be interested in movement and I think she will be crawling soon. Sometimes she just shakes her little but as I am trying to get her to sleep, it's cute, but annoying!

She seems to be in pain when she sleeps, but who knows. No teeth, she is not sick, but just battled the flu, and ear and sinus infection.

I am at 45min to get her to sleep, she grunts, arches, kicks, screams, makes motor boat noises, flicks my nipple, spits her binky at me, all while going to sleep.

I am truly DONE putting this child down! DS didn't sleep either, but would sleep some on my chest, not her. I have had many one hour of combined sleep nights, and I am not feeling good about things!
#79 of 159 Old 10-30-2009, 03:11 PM

OMG my little baby is walking!!!! I know some LOs start sleeping better when they walk- please please please!!!

Last night he was awake every 1.5 hours but back down quickly. I kicked DH out to the spare room and with no snoring and more space I slept much better.

How's everyone doing?

#80 of 159 Old 10-30-2009, 04:17 PM
Banned

Quote:
OMG my little baby is walking!!!! I know some LOs start sleeping better when they walk- please please please!!!

Last night he was awake every 1.5 hours but back down quickly. I kicked DH out to the spare room and with no snoring and more space I slept much better.

How's everyone doing?
My DS started sleeping somewhat better after that. There is another blip at 19 mo, but it's pretty smooth sailing for a while, if I remember right.

We're doing....awful. DS has been waking all night long, needing naps again during the day. DD is not taking any naps longer than 30 min. She is needing me to hold her while she sleeps until almost 10:30 when she is finally in a deep enough sleep.

The last two nights were terrible. I lost count of how many times she was up. At least she slept until 7:10 this morning. I have a horrible stomach ache, probably from drinking too much coffee, and from DS having a really bad day.

DD is crawling more every day, I was hoping that the burned off energy would help her sleep better, but so far it's gotten worse! I think she might be teething. Who knows, I'm just exhausted.
#81 of 159 Old 10-30-2009, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SactoMommy View Post
We're doing....awful. DS has been waking all night long, needing naps again during the day. DD is not taking any naps longer than 30 min. She is needing me to hold her while she sleeps until almost 10:30 when she is finally in a deep enough sleep.

The last two nights were terrible. I lost count of how many times she was up. At least she slept until 7:10 this morning. I have a horrible stomach ache, probably from drinking too much coffee, and from DS having a really bad day.

DD is crawling more every day, I was hoping that the burned off energy would help her sleep better, but so far it's gotten worse! I think she might be teething. Who knows, I'm just exhausted.
Ugh, so sorry to hear it. Hugs.

Are you breastfeeding? If so, have you ever tried eliminating caffeine? I know, so not a helpful suggestion to a tired Mama. I decided to eliminate it and I can't say it's done much good, but I was only drinking one cup a day anyway. Just a thought.

I think teething is the root of all evils!

#82 of 159 Old 10-31-2009, 11:38 PM

Quote:

How's everyone doing?
CONGRATS!! That's wonderful!

And yes, they usually do start sleeping better. At least DD did and it was wonderful, I thought that was it, we'd gotten past the sleepless nights, but then she hit molars. Sorry if I just burst your bubble, LOL, enjoy every minute of sleep you get if things get better because it might not last...here's hoping that is does for you for a looong time though!!
#83 of 159 Old 11-01-2009, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoneLover13 View Post
And yes, they usually do start sleeping better. At least DD did and it was wonderful, I thought that was it, we'd gotten past the sleepless nights, but then she hit molars. Sorry if I just burst your bubble, LOL, enjoy every minute of sleep you get if things get better because it might not last...here's hoping that is does for you for a looong time though!!
No miracle yet and as expected, he woke at 5am with the time change! He's still putting himself to sleep though - which every single book says is the key to STTN. What RUBBISH!!!

#84 of 159 Old 11-01-2009, 04:10 PM

Hi sleep deprived mamas! I've just read a few posts on this thread b/c it reminds me of exactly where we were at a year ago. In my opinion, sleep actually gets harder before it gets easier in many kiddos. Starting around 9 months and through most of her 2nd year, our dd was all over the board with sleep. (If you think of all the new developments they go through during this time, is it any wonder their sleep is erratic?) I questioned myself all the time about whether this was our fault-that we had created this b/c we on demand nursed, co-slept and attachment parented. I feel like many peds, etc would have you believe that if you set up your child to expect nursing to sleep all night, then they will always expect that. Well, I just want to put in my own anecdotal experience that this is NOT true! My daughter is now 27 months and sleeps most nights 8-9 hours, no nursing, right next to me. And this happened on her own. So, I guess my bottom line is HANG IN THERE because things do get better, even if you don't "do" anything about it. It certainly is not easy-and I'd love to find some resources that help parents who have decided to attachment parent with how to handle it in the older years-toddler hood and beyond.

Sarah, SAHM to dd C (8-9-07) and C (5-27-10), happily married to DH for 10 years

#85 of 159 Old 11-02-2009, 04:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smlame View Post
Hi sleep deprived mamas! I've just read a few posts on this thread b/c it reminds me of exactly where we were at a year ago. In my opinion, sleep actually gets harder before it gets easier in many kiddos. Starting around 9 months and through most of her 2nd year, our dd was all over the board with sleep. (If you think of all the new developments they go through during this time, is it any wonder their sleep is erratic?) I questioned myself all the time about whether this was our fault-that we had created this b/c we on demand nursed, co-slept and attachment parented. I feel like many peds, etc would have you believe that if you set up your child to expect nursing to sleep all night, then they will always expect that. Well, I just want to put in my own anecdotal experience that this is NOT true! My daughter is now 27 months and sleeps most nights 8-9 hours, no nursing, right next to me. And this happened on her own. So, I guess my bottom line is HANG IN THERE because things do get better, even if you don't "do" anything about it. It certainly is not easy-and I'd love to find some resources that help parents who have decided to attachment parent with how to handle it in the older years-toddler hood and beyond.
Thank you!
It's great to hear stories like this, in that Mama's feel the year or two of ridiculous sleep disturbances was worth it and they now have a wonderfully sleeping LO, and not once did they CIO
Good to hear, thank you for commenting!
#86 of 159 Old 11-02-2009, 05:34 AM

It's nice to know there are other moms awake at this hour. I feel like I'm going to lose it any minute. This being awake in the night business, for upwards of an hour, has been going on for weeks. We transfered DS to his own room at 7 months because we thought he would sleep better there -- DP and I aren't great candidates for cosleeping due to overweight, and our restlessness and snoring were keeping him up. He continued his usual sleep patterns at first, so everything is fine. For a while, I would bring him to bed with us when he woke up at 5 or 6 and let him nurse back to sleep. For other wakeups, I would bring him downstairs to our usual nursing spot on the couch, and take him back to his bed when he fell asleep.

DS started teething around 3 or 4 months and got his first tooth two days after he turned 5 months. He had 7 teeth by 7 months, and now has 8. He's 10 1/2 months now. I know that teething may be a part of this, but his habit is going from being up once or twice before DP and I go to bed, to waking every 45 minutes between 7:30 or 8 when I put him down and when we go to sleep, and then being nursed back to sleep once or twice around 11:30, and then being up for an hour or 2 or 3 during the night.

I don't want to let him CIO. I can't bring him back to bed with me any more, because he won't lie down, just keeps writhing and trying to nurse while standing over me with his butt in the air (sounds funny when I type it, but hurts and makes me crazy and angry when I'm trying to sleep). I teach, and DP is at home with him during the day, so I can't go back to bed for long, some times at all, when he pulls one of his "Hey, look! we're awake! Let's play!" routines.

Last night, he let me sleep from 11:45 to 4:45, and then was up for the day. I know he needs more sleep. He napped for over two hours in the afternoon, on my lap at brunch, and then in his car seat, and I got him to go to sleep around 8:00. He was up again at 8:30. And then at 10:30. The first time, he nursed back to sleep pretty fast -- I don't think he was really awake. The second time, it took 45 minutes of sitting on the couch and nursing him for him to go back to sleep. He woke up again at 1:30.

I had him nearly asleep, but he kept squirming and repositioning. When he would settle, and I'd try to pop him off to carry him upstairs, he would wake. He kept trying to get comfortable, crawling on and off me on the couch, but couldn't settle.

Now he's playing on the other side of the room and starting to fuss, so maybe he'll nurse now? and go to sleep?
ooh. crying. Mama to the rescue.

I don't know how much more of this I can take. I am so tired and crazy and angry from sleep deprivation.

thanks for listening, commiserating, whatever. I haven't had a chance to read all the thread, just the first page, but I'm here.

ETA: I think i'm all caught up now, and now i know it could be worse. kudos to all you mamas who are non-violently soldiering on. DS is nursing now, and heading for sleep, so maybe I'll get another decent stretch before I have to get up at 6 for work...

I hadn't thought about allergies. DS loves solids and is eating 2 big meals plus snacks and BF on demand when I'm home, plus 8 or so oz. of EBM while I'm at school. I'll talk with DP about cutting back on gluten again (he didn't have any until 9 1/2 months) and maybe cutting out the yogurt he's been having every few days... do you think the 1 cup of caffeinated coffee I'm having in the morning at 7 could be affecting him at night?

feeling more serene and less volatile for reading this thread. I'll definitely be back!

Waldorf-teaching mama to A (12/08), wife to my sweet wife M , and sharing a home with a dog , four cats , five turtles, a fish, and a crab.
#87 of 159 Old 11-03-2009, 01:36 AM

I dont know where DS gets all of this energy!!! We started putting him to bed earlier (start at 7.. he's down by 7:45) but then he wakes up again at 9:30-10 and is all reved up!!!! we dont CIO, around 10:30-11:30 DH comes home and rocks him back to sleep, sometimes for hours.. 6 weeks and im back to work, I don't know what im going to do.

Maybe tomorrow will be better...

Serena - married to Jason, mom to Sebastian (b.12.22.2008) and Poppy (b.07.07.2011) ♥

#88 of 159 Old 11-03-2009, 09:56 AM

smlame - thank you for dropping by with your words of hope! Honestly, though, another year of this? UGH!

We're a mess. Worse than ever. DS won't nap (he has ALWAYS napped). He's waking up at 5am and going to bed at 6pm. Wakings weren't TOO bad last night - I think we even had a couple of 2 hour stretches in there. But that's probably because it was crash sleep after having a bedtime meltdown because he had only one nap all day in the morning. ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

I lost it yesterday. DH had to come home from work. I'm also getting sick and just hope it's not the flu.

#89 of 159 Old 11-03-2009, 10:16 AM

So sorry you are having a hard time, I'm right there with you though...again.

How old is your DS now? I forget, but was wondering if maybe it's the beginning of transitioning to one nap/day? DD started the 'transition' (which seemed to last a month) around 9/10 months.

I think I've lost it too...but it's now being taken out on DH, I"m not sure if it's warranted or not though. I'm so confused, angry, tired, annoyed..

DD has started the "I"m gona take a nap at 8/9pm at night, for an hour, and then be up til past midnight." again. It's infuriating because she finally falls asleep at a decent time and wakes an hour later as usual, I go in, nurse, rock, shh, everything and she will have none of it, she's up, wide awake ready to play. I have tried just staying in the room, continually rocking, shh, pat, nurse etc. and not giving in until she falls asleep, and it takes 2-3 hours, which is just pointless in my book. I don't know how we got back on this schedule. But now we don't wake up til 10/11am and she takes her usual nap anywhere from noon to 2, for 2 hours.

I think she slept better last night, I managed to sweeten the camomile tea I gave her, enough that she liked it and drank a lot. So i'm wondering if that helped. She had more tonight, so we'll see.

It's 11:15pm here and she just went down, I kept her up til 1030 before going to sleep in the hopes she will stay asleep.

As far as DH goes, he needs to be at my whim and helping me whenever I ask or he can SEE that I need it. Or he needs to keep the heck outta my way, because this.............is about where I am.

Quote:
smlame - thank you for dropping by with your words of hope! Honestly, though, another year of this? UGH!

We're a mess. Worse than ever. DS won't nap (he has ALWAYS napped). He's waking up at 5am and going to bed at 6pm. Wakings weren't TOO bad last night - I think we even had a couple of 2 hour stretches in there. But that's probably because it was crash sleep after having a bedtime meltdown because he had only one nap all day in the morning. ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

I lost it yesterday. DH had to come home from work. I'm also getting sick and just hope it's not the flu.
#90 of 159 Old 11-03-2009, 11:15 AM

The time change is messing with us here too - Eleanor wakes up at 6 AM instead of 7-ish, but does everything else (nap, bedtime) on the new time schedule.

Last night was a NIGHTMARE. I knew it would be bad when her first stretch of sleep, which usually lasts about 3 hours, was not even 2 hours. She woke up 3 times before midnight (after going down at about 7:45, which is typical), and after that slept for no longer than 45 minutes, with a few 30-minute stretches thrown in for good measure. All in all she woke up ELEVEN TIMES in as many hours! I just hope she naps for at least 1.5 hours today, because I REALLY need it, and DH is no help at all when it comes to sleep. ()

It's days like this when I wish she'd just grow up already - not all the way, just enough so she'll actually sleep for a decent amount of time!

reading.gif Wife to DH geek.gif  since 08/06. Mother to Eleanor Rose energy.gif, born 10/12/08.  h20homebirth.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page