Breaking Point Mamas Unite - Page 5 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#121 of 159 Old 11-12-2009, 09:54 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
can i join in? my DD is almost three years old and such a crappy sleeper! i can't even get an hour away from her yet. i am just tired and feel alone. everyone thinks i created this but she is just a bad sleeper...

Legal Mama to TWO homebirthed, unschooled, unvaxed, cloth diapered, mei tei loving, still breastfeeding baby girl 1/14/07 and an intact 8 pound 10 ouncer baby boy 4/5/10.
#122 of 159 Old 11-13-2009, 02:02 PM

I belong here too. I feel like I've posted on this thread before but now I can't find it. Our 11 mo. old wakes many times per night. Dh and I go back and forth with him. I nurse him 'til he won't nurse any more or I can't take it anymore and then dh takes him and feeds him a bottle. Yeah, I know, but it works for us.
So I am not as sleep deprived as I used to be now that we take turns with him, but we really wish he would sleep longer.
He also will not take naps unless we are holding him or he is in the Ergo or in the car. He's over 20 pounds now so carrying him around in the Ergo for hours is killing me. It's the only way I can get stuff done, though.
Also, I've seen on this thread a few times where people get criticized in real life about co-sleeping causing the problems with the child's inability to STTN. Well this one is my 3rd baby. My first two STTN as infants and still do. We all co-sleep, all 5 of us now. I never had any problems like this with them. They never nursed during the night once they were seven or eight months old, something like that. It was not that I refused to nurse them, they just simply did not wake up until morning. So it is not your fault, not anything you are doing wrong. Just wanted to say that. Sleeping patterns and personalities vary by child.
I am also encouraged that most people on this thread are talking about kids under 2 years old so hopefully our kiddos are all on their way to sleeping better soon. Fingers crossed.
I also see a lot of babes on this thread who toss and turn and get up and flop around a lot. Ours does too. Makes me wonder if there is something going on in their little neurological systems that makes it hard for them to sleep. Of course there is teething and illness and all that but I wonder if there is something more.
#123 of 159 Old 11-13-2009, 02:38 PM

pak

i haven't read all of the posts yet but i just arrived at the breaking point. DD is 9 mos. and will not sleep without the boob in her mouth. last night she screamed/flipped/kicked/hit/scratched at me for 40 min. b/c I would not give her the boob back after she ate and chomped me hard enough to draw blood (b/c she was falling asleep). I can't spend every evening and all night in bed with her so that she can sleep, and I can't let her chew on me just to keep her sleeping anymore. I don't know what the next step is, but we're suffering right now.

to make matters worse, she won't nap except when nursed down in our bed--wakes if moved--and yesterday i caught her "sleep-sitting" in our (very high, unsafe) bed playing by herself when I thought she was napping. She was asleep but up and playing--I scared her when I picked her up. So no more napping alone in our bed. There's no way to make it safe.

Ugh. UGHHHHH.

#124 of 159 Old 11-13-2009, 09:32 PM

Hello "new" mamas. I've been at BP for awhile, it comes and goes. Right now it's not the sleep deprivation that is getting me down (although I'm worried because of how bad my immune system has gotten and a simple cold has gone to my chest like I've never experienced before). It's the lack of me time, or DH and I time. It's not like I'm expecting to have much time, just the odd night once in awhile, you know? I am attached to DS almost 24/7 and separation anxiety is just kicking in. DS has to nap with me, which I don't mind so much, but it means DH and I can't even have a "daytime date". I guess we could steal a couple of hours at the weekend. At night, it's all me, DS won't have anything to do with DH. In fact, last night when DH tried, he screamed even louder and climbed up me as if he were scared. Poor DH.

jewelsJZ - thanks so much for sharing your experience, it makes me feel better. I'm constantly second guessing my parenting.

The resentment of other babies who STTN and who can be left with grandparents has been creeping back into my mind again like a little devil.

babyboy.gif: 01/10/2009 and 09/29/2011

#125 of 159 Old 11-14-2009, 02:44 PM

UGH! I am so at my breaking point, and I am pregnant with number 2. All I can say is I am currently reading every sleep book I can get my hands on that isn't on the CIO end/ non-ap of the spectrum. I feel like I have created a monster!! DD 2.5 literally is turning into a monster at night... waking up and screaming and tantruming, really for no apparent reason. During the day she is a joy.

I am going to try to transition her to her own bed next to mine. I am hoping (and probably falsely) that having her own space will lead to less night waking.

I am so nervous that we won't get things under control by the time the new baby arrives.

Me: Shannon (33) mom to DD Everly born May 9, 2007 and Maisie born May 26
: : :
#126 of 159 Old 11-15-2009, 11:10 PM

Well, DS is officially over his flu, and he celebrated by having 2 nights of beautiful sleep -- granted, there wasn't more than 7 or 8 hours altogether each night, which is not enough for a babe, but there were only 1 or 2 wakeups after 10. can we go for a threepeat? can we? huh?
please?

Waldorf-teaching mama to A (12/08), wife to my sweet wife M , and sharing a home with a dog , four cats , five turtles, a fish, and a crab.
#127 of 159 Old 11-16-2009, 12:29 AM

I am so glad I found this thread. My 15 month old dear heart has not accomodated me with two consecutive hours of sleep since she was 4 months old and began teething. She is up half a dozen or more times at night, and really only sleeps while she is nursing. All the time. If she is tired and needs a nap, we have to nurse to sleep. Sad, hurt, bored, glad all equall nurse. The sleeping thing is the most difficult, though. She will not tolerate my husband's brand of comfort, and will just screech in his arms, for HOURS until I come with the milk. I feel for all the ladies mentioning that although isolation is no way to live life its better than buddying up with mama's who have less demanding children. I had to sever all ties with a friend of mine because not only does she get rest, she gets to knit, sew, eat and even have dates with her husband.
If I don't get time for dinner or a shower (angry baby) I definately don't run the risk of creating any siblings.
It's not just me. In this house, we're all suffering. What gives? My husband and I thought we had it all figured out. Home birth, exclusive breastfeeding, aversion to 'crying it out'...
Sheesh
#128 of 159 Old 11-17-2009, 02:55 AM

Thank you for this post. My DD 15mos. is nursing all night (every two hours...sometimes less now that she's getting her molars) and I'd love it if she would wake me up so much but I'm too worried about her because she's also a slender little thing and doesn't eat so much during the day because (I believe) she attached to mama's "bobo".
#129 of 159 Old 11-17-2009, 04:27 AM

ohhhh mamas, i'm back, i thought we'd gotten over the hump, but it's coming back again, the past six hours ds has been squirming and crying and waking and sleeping and latching on and off.. his teeth on top are just breaking thru so i think that is part of it, but i cannot lay him down, i have to bounce him and hold him in all these weird positions and nurse him constantly because i think the pressure of being latched helps with the teething pain.. i have an exam tomorrow and feel completely exhausted and unprepared.. i don't know what do with this kiddo, i love him so much and am feeling positively towards him and about my own physical and mental health, so luckily i am not back at that point of feeling frustrated with him and crossing into poor health/habits, but i know it is easy to get back to that place with chronic sleep deprivation and the cascading effect from there, so i think i really need to address this before it gets back to a bad place.. what on earth do you do?? should i assume it is teething? he also has really gone backwards on EC (used to be we'd get a catch 99% of the time i pottied him, now we have misses most the time and it seems fruitless.. but then when i let him go diaper free he pees or poos on the floor i don't get upset with him or anything, i don't want him to associate eliminating with stress/anxiety no matter when/where, but i just feel like, if he needs to go and will go on the floor or in diaper, why not over the sink or toilet!? i am wondering if he doesn't have digestive stuff going on too (formerly was having some greens tools and issues when i was introducing some solids, but have cut back and started the process again more slowly and it seems to be better..) i just know that he knows when he is eliminating and it seems that he would be more comfortable just getting it done on the potty.. plus he has lately been so squirmy too, just like he can't get comfortable, flailing his legs and arms and opening his eyes and arching his back, just cannot seem to get into a good solid sleep state or comfy position, so there is no way i can either.. hoping this is very short term this go round.. hang in there all, i feel your pain..

"You must be the change you wish to see in the world"
DS Feb 2009
#130 of 159 Old 11-17-2009, 04:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahJaner View Post
I am so glad I found this thread. My 15 month old dear heart has not accomodated me with two consecutive hours of sleep since she was 4 months old and began teething. She is up half a dozen or more times at night, and really only sleeps while she is nursing. All the time. If she is tired and needs a nap, we have to nurse to sleep. Sad, hurt, bored, glad all equall nurse. The sleeping thing is the most difficult, though. She will not tolerate my husband's brand of comfort, and will just screech in his arms, for HOURS until I come with the milk. I feel for all the ladies mentioning that although isolation is no way to live life its better than buddying up with mama's who have less demanding children. I had to sever all ties with a friend of mine because not only does she get rest, she gets to knit, sew, eat and even have dates with her husband.
If I don't get time for dinner or a shower (angry baby) I definately don't run the risk of creating any siblings.
It's not just me. In this house, we're all suffering. What gives? My husband and I thought we had it all figured out. Home birth, exclusive breastfeeding, aversion to 'crying it out'...
Sheesh
glad you found this community and thread, it's a great way to vent and get ideas and support from other mamas- my son too is a constant nurser, whether for comfort or closeness or alleviating teething pain/pressure by remaining latched, it is all the time, and he also wakes frequently at night, or lately, won't allow me to even put him down so that i too can lay down next to him to sleep- tonight, i haven't even been able to get him to lay next to me, attached to the breast, he just squirms and cries and flails. so i am sitting all contorted at the computer with him passed out in a bizarre position on my lap/arm because i don't know what else to do.

judging from my past experiences, it is so important to get breaks and to try to head off the worst of it before your mental and physical health and well being start to suffer. it is much easier (well not easy, but easier..) to head it off than to try to get back to a state of normalcy once you have crossed that line to sleep deprivation insanity. it can get so hard. do you have support? i never thought i would do this before my son was at least verbal, but i had to take him to my mom's for an overnight one night at 8 mos old for my own health and sanity- having a sleep disorder doesn't help in my case, since i feel sleep deprivation even moreso and have a greater need for sleep and stability of schedule, but i was getting to a place where it was the best option. i hope that you have or can find resources to utilize- a pp doula or mother's helper, your partner, extended family, friends, etc. even having a friend or relative come over to play with kiddo or take him on a walk while i napped for a couple hours was a lifesaver, but again, it can be so hard once that sleep deficit builds up to think things through clearly and figure out how to accurately assess the situation and make sure everyone's needs are met. i find that my immune system really suffers and i get sick all the time when i am not sleeping well, also recently found out i had a thyroid condition and got medication for that which seems to be helping a bit, and resumed seeing my counselor more often for the time being, got a massage, etc. the little things add up-- but i know it is not easy and sometimes you wonder when it will ever end.

i have read the no cry sleep solution, i just feel like it takes so much work/persistence/motivation to implement and when you are already so busy and sleep deprived and stressed it can be hard to find your inner reserves to follow through.. like, when i know the second i set my son down on the bed (we generally cosleep) he will in all likelihood wake up and get upset and have to start all over, some nights i just say screw it and stay up late wearing him in the sling or bouncing him while nursing and wasting time.. not ideal at all, strains my back which is already bad and reinforces bad habits, but i just don't know if i have it in me to start trying to implement all these things- even the basic sleep logs were so unorganized and hard to keep together when i was doing it; but i do intend and hope to give it another go around- have you read or tried NCSS?

keep us posted and hang in there mama! hope this makes sense somewhat, i am exhausted..

eta: ok nvm on the pp doula, i see your little one is older.. in my sleep deprivation i saw the "four months" in your post and somehow my brain interpreted that your babe was younger than really is- but still help in any form is a good thing! other than that no words of wisdom, just s s s

"You must be the change you wish to see in the world"
DS Feb 2009
#131 of 159 Old 11-18-2009, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coleybug View Post
I wonder if my dairy consumption affects him…I’m going to give up as dairy and see if it makes any difference.
mamas!

I realized my son was allergic to dairy when he was 3 months old and was only getting it through my breast milk. It definitely comes through. Get off ALL dairy (including butted and in bread) and you may see a dramatic difference. I did. Check out www.godairyfree.org. good luck!

That's not to say I have a good sleeper by any means, but at least his tummy doesn't hurt.
#132 of 159 Old 11-19-2009, 02:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaN View Post
I realized my son was allergic to dairy when he was 3 months old and was only getting it through my breast milk. It definitely comes through. Get off ALL dairy (including butted and in bread) and you may see a dramatic difference. I did. Check out www.godairyfree.org. good luck!

That's not to say I have a good sleeper by any means, but at least his tummy doesn't hurt.
So funny, I JUST came on here to post about my experience the past week with dairy issues.
Since DD was 3 months I figured out she was allergic to cows milk protein through my milk also, so I stopped everything and she's been fine except when small instances of dairy slip through, like the bread I have been eating. I don't know why I didn't think about it earlier but I just switched our bread this past 2 weeks because they didn't have the regular stuff I get and the new one was locally made and fresh. I checked the ingredients and the first 3 include butter and milk...duh....
The past fortnight has been a lot of DD waking constantly throughout the night because of her molars coming through but also she has had a lot of gas, only at night and I couldn't figure out where she was getting it from. Glad I figured it out, hopefully we will start to have some slightly better nights now.

Definitely something every Mama in here should double check isn't a problem with you or your LO!
#133 of 159 Old 11-19-2009, 09:07 PM

Hi ladies. It's been pretty rough here lately. We all caught a cold and because I'm running on empty, my cold turned into pneumonia. I'm slowly getting better, but it really freaks me out - how can I keep my immune system strong when I'm only getting a few hours sleep a night? There's no improvement in DS, no end in sight....no apparent reason for his night wakings. Also, he's really really really tired now too. He never used to be bothered by the night wakings, but all of a sudden he's tired, and I feel SO bad about that.

I'm probably going to night wean early, but he doesn't really wake to nurse, he just wakes, and nursing is one quick way to get him back to sleep. So in some ways I'm nervous to night wean in case he still continues to wake only I won't be able to get him back to sleep easily.

Sigh.

#134 of 159 Old 11-20-2009, 12:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louisep View Post
Hi ladies. It's been pretty rough here lately. We all caught a cold and because I'm running on empty, my cold turned into pneumonia. I'm slowly getting better, but it really freaks me out - how can I keep my immune system strong when I'm only getting a few hours sleep a night? There's no improvement in DS, no end in sight....no apparent reason for his night wakings. Also, he's really really really tired now too. He never used to be bothered by the night wakings, but all of a sudden he's tired, and I feel SO bad about that.

I'm probably going to night wean early, but he doesn't really wake to nurse, he just wakes, and nursing is one quick way to get him back to sleep. So in some ways I'm nervous to night wean in case he still continues to wake only I won't be able to get him back to sleep easily.

Sigh.
Oh Mama I'm so sorry I hope you feel better quickly!

Do you think he's waking because you are there? Have you tried putting him in his own bed, I"m sure you have, are the waking's just as frequent? I"m wondering about DD now because she still takes a 2-hr undisturbed nap everyday but at night, like the past 2 nights, she has been waking every 10 mins at some points. I'm wondering if I should rearrange our room and get rid of our beloved bed frame DH won't like that!
Just an idea, I hope things get better!
#135 of 159 Old 11-20-2009, 03:38 AM

Oh my god! My DS is impossible! He is 29 motnhs old and the best sleep fighter I have ever known!!! I cannot take it anymore. I need sleep! I need a break! I just do not know what to do anymore. He absolutely WILL NOT FALL ASLEEP unless I wear him in our Ergo and walk him while nursing. I cannot lie him down when he is awake or he will roll and laugh and kick and stay awake FOR HOURS!!!! He has been like this since he was 5 months old. THERE IS NO END IN SIGHT!!!! Everyone kept telling me he'll be better at 12 months (NOT), 18 months (NOT), 2 years (NOT) 2.5 years (APPARENTLY NOT!!!!).

I have just spent 1.5 hours walking and nursing him in the Ergo (which is getting really hard because he is getting heavy) and another 30 minutes lying with him in the bed and he is still laughing and NOT SLEEPING!!!

I have read SLeepless in America. HA HA HA HA HA!!!!! Sleep Window my ass! He HAS NO SLEEP WINDOW!!! I can take him off to bed when he is crying and falling down tired or pleasantly sleepy or cranky and tantrumy and there is not rhyme or reason to it. Some nights it takes 15 minutes. Some nights it takes 3 hours. I cannot take it anymore.

NO ONE ELSE CAN PUT HIM TO BED BECAUSE HE WANTS CONSTANT BOOB!

I am sick of it. I just got SO frustrated I said very loudly and meanly (as he kicked me in the groin for the 100th time), "GO TO SLEEP!" and he just started yelling, GLEEFULLY, "GO SLEEP! GO SLEEP!"

I think I have created a monster. He also still wakes me frequently at night either with his thrashing about or wanting to nurse. I rarely get more than 2 hours at a time. And on a night like tonight? I am now SO PISSED OFF and my cortisol level is so high I am pretty much guaranteed to have insomnia all night. It is what always happens.

I am so far past my breaking point I don't even know what my breaking point looks like.

He is now crying on the bed with his dad. Crying for me. Guess it's time to go back.

ETA: Wow. I just read that whole thing and I sound like a crazy person. I guess this is what reaching your breaking point is. I just wish I knew WHEN this will get better. I've been waiting and sleep deprived for 2 years and there is no end in sight. I use to want another baby. I think tonight has cinched it that DS is going to be an only child.

Wife to DHguitar.gif, Mama to DS1 luxlove.gifribbonjigsaw.gif (06/2007) and DS2 baby.gif (06/2013), missing babies (mc 08/2006 @ 5 weeks) and (missed mc 06/2012 @ 11 weeks)

#136 of 159 Old 11-20-2009, 12:45 PM

Oh beingmommy I feel for you, I really do. Your little boy is so lucky to have you. My patience has run out and my DS is only ten months.

I don't see how we created bad sleepers though. Although I torment myself with this too.

It's so sad but I think I'm close to ruling out siblings too.

Ugh. Why won't they sleep???!!!!

#137 of 159 Old 11-21-2009, 12:04 AM

Thanks, Louisep! It is so sweet of you to say I am a good momma. We all need to hear that sometimes. Don't worry about feeling at the end of your rope at 10.5 months. I have been many times. It's definitely getting worse as my DS gets older just because I think my sleep deficit is so huge now.

I know logically it can't be something I am doing but sometimes I just get so frustrated and wonder why everyone else seesm to have kids that are sleeping, if not perfectly, at least not nearly as badly as mine! But I wouldn't do anything differently. I believe co-sleeping is good and letting my DS nurse when he needs to. I just wish he would sleep better. I could be a much better momma if I had some sleep.

Wife to DHguitar.gif, Mama to DS1 luxlove.gifribbonjigsaw.gif (06/2007) and DS2 baby.gif (06/2013), missing babies (mc 08/2006 @ 5 weeks) and (missed mc 06/2012 @ 11 weeks)

#138 of 159 Old 11-21-2009, 12:57 AM

Being mommy~ I have not even read the thread yet but I totally feel your pain. I am on baby #4, he is going to be 1 in 2 weeks and will not sleep without a boobie in his mouth and wakes every 30 min at night to nurse. My twin boys are now 5 and are still terrible sleepers. It takes them FOREVER to fall asleep and they still need me right beside them to do it. My little girl, on the other hand, doesn't have the clingyness my 3 boys have.

What makes me mad is all of my mainstream momma friends who put their kids in their rooms in their own beds at 7pm and tell them not to come out until they see the sun, all have very happy kids who are not sleep deprived like mine are

Momma to fly-by-nursing1.gif, dust.gif, and twins.gif

#139 of 159 Old 11-21-2009, 07:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by libertymom View Post
What makes me mad is all of my mainstream momma friends who put their kids in their rooms in their own beds at 7pm and tell them not to come out until they see the sun, all have very happy kids who are not sleep deprived like mine are
this. though, I don't have that many mainstream mama friends.

my coworker whose son is 3 mos younger than my boyo is dealing with waking every 45 min to an hour to nurse -- he's not waking up, just rooting, but SHE wakes up, even just for a couple of minutes -- so my every hour and a half to two hours two or three nights a week, coupled with now not going down until almost 9, only napping on someone else or maybe for 20 minutes next to us on the couch, and being up for 1 1/2 hours at least once most nights, sounds mild. Her boy will take naps on his own, though.

this week has been hard again -- after last weekend's blissful sleep, we have had several nights of being up 4 or 5 times, or else being up 2 times between 11 and 6, and then up for the day. He seems fine, but kind of tired during the day. Tonight, it's been up and down all night, and this time, he kept waking out of a solid sleep when I lay him down, so we're nursing hard right now in the hopes of a couple more hours. If I could just sleep those last two hours between 5:30 and 7:30 with him in the mornings, I'd be in great shape, but he goes back to sleep finally, and I have to be up for the day by 6...

good thing he's cute. otherwise, I'd have to eat him.

Waldorf-teaching mama to A (12/08), wife to my sweet wife M , and sharing a home with a dog , four cats , five turtles, a fish, and a crab.
#140 of 159 Old 11-23-2009, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigermiep View Post
good thing he's cute. otherwise, I'd have to eat him.
Yeah... I've thought this myself a number of times...

I think I finally have to sub to this thread because I really need some support to keep myself on this side of the breaking point.

Wow, who knew it could keep getting so much worse. Last night was just horrible and I just don't know how to cope or what to do anymore. DS was up to eat at least 6 times last night (up from anywhere between 1-3 times on a regular night). He was so upset- screaming- and just couldn't stay asleep for more than an hour at a time. We tried putting him to sleep in the co-sleeper, leaving him on his side after nursing, on DH's chest, in our arms, etc. Every night has been worse than the last and I haven't slept well in at least two weeks.

He is four months and I have heard about the four month sleep regression, I have heard about teething, I have heard about reverse cycling, being overtired, early bedtimes, etc, etc. BUT nothing is helping. He has been getting worse since he was 2 months. He's happy during the day and naps regularly. We have maybe had one or two "regular" nights in the last two weeks. The pedi, friends, family are all telling us to move him into another room, bottle feed, CIO, etc. DH keeps saying he wants to try.

I am just losing my mind. I dread going to bed. I have insomnia and it takes me and hour or more to fall asleep sometimes- then he is up again 10 minutes later.

Please tell me it will get better. Please?

Mum to DS1 7/09 and DS2 5/11

#141 of 159 Old 11-23-2009, 08:30 PM

penstamon, it just might get better. Our almost 1 y.o. horrible sleeper is starting to get better. He still wakes up but not a million times per night. He's now been down to two times per night for about a week and a half. Really hoping I am not jinxing myself by saying that.

Also wanted to comment to all the mommas on this thread who are considering not having any more children due to their sleep challenged LO's. Take a survey of all the moms you know who have sleep challenged children. How many of their kids had these troubles? I myself have never met anyone who had more than one child who had these issues. Not saying it isn't possible, but I bet it's a pretty low percentage. For me, my first two were great sleepers. It is only our third who thinks sleep is for other people, not him. Had he been our first, I would've hesitated myself to have more, but am so glad I had the size family I wanted.

Another glimmer of hope: My best friend's first baby was a horrible sleeper. She tried everything. But he is almost 6 years old now and he is a great sleeper.
#142 of 159 Old 11-23-2009, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jewelsJZ View Post
penstamon, it just might get better. Our almost 1 y.o. horrible sleeper is starting to get better. He still wakes up but not a million times per night. He's now been down to two times per night for about a week and a half. Really hoping I am not jinxing myself by saying that.

Also wanted to comment to all the mommas on this thread who are considering not having any more children due to their sleep challenged LO's. Take a survey of all the moms you know who have sleep challenged children. How many of their kids had these troubles? I myself have never met anyone who had more than one child who had these issues. Not saying it isn't possible, but I bet it's a pretty low percentage. For me, my first two were great sleepers. It is only our third who thinks sleep is for other people, not him. Had he been our first, I would've hesitated myself to have more, but am so glad I had the size family I wanted.

Another glimmer of hope: My best friend's first baby was a horrible sleeper. She tried everything. But he is almost 6 years old now and he is a great sleeper.
Thanks for the encouragement. We've had no improvement in 6 months. I thought walking would be the key, but it hasn't been. I wake every morning saying "something has got to change"! Right now, we're working on DS getting used to DH comforting him in preparation for night weaning at 12 months. My hope is we will then be able to trade off nights with each other.

#143 of 159 Old 11-24-2009, 12:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jewelsJZ View Post

Thanks for this. I really do want one more child. I want my DS to have a sibling. I am just so sleep deprived I just don't know when it will get better enough for me to even consider getting pregnant.

#144 of 159 Old 11-24-2009, 01:11 PM

It is currently 2am and my 13.5 month DD is wide awake running around the house as happy as can be.

Everytime my DH switches from days to nights, every 3 months, she has followed him and switched her schedule too. She just did it again, this morning will be DH's first day back at work on days..he is currently getting ready to go. I was so happy she had switched, I don't force it, I let her go by her own rhythm and it happened just like I knew it would. She has been ready for bed around 8pm the past 3 nights now, but has been waking every 10 mins for hours and then every hour outside of that. Tonight she went down again at 815pm, took me 10 mins to get her to sleep. She woke 45 mins later which she has done every night this week, I nursed her back down again.
I managed to get a whole hour with DH watching The Office online.
We went to bed at 1030pm, the second I got in the bed she woke up, I nursed her both sides but she was awake. She was clearly uncomfortable, kept throwing herself all over the bed, whimpering and popping on and off my completely empty boobs. I tried to get her back to sleep for the next 2.5 hours and finally gave up at 1am when I was so far past my breaking point I wanted to put my hand through a wall, scream at the top of my lungs and throw DD across the room...I am SO exhausted from the past few weeks, this was beyond my ability to handle. It feels like torture, as I have described before, because my body is so drained and exhausted it keeps trying to fall asleep but my mind won't let me because she is still awake so there is a constant battle all night long between me and myself, and it's so exhausting.
She is still up now, I don't know why, but she is FINE. She had a big poop 30 mins ago so I'm assuming that has something to do with it, but now I'm going to have to wake us both up early tomorrow just so that she will stay on a day schedule.

Freaking shoot me...I can't do this, everytime I get my hopes up it's coming to an end, it gets worse...it's just bull. I'm SOOOO done..I don't care what I have to do, I can't go through this anymore, I'm becoming a monster.
#145 of 159 Old 11-24-2009, 01:12 PM

It is currently 2am and my 13.5 month DD is wide awake running around the house as happy as can be.

Everytime my DH switches from days to nights, every 3 months, she has followed him and switched her schedule too. She just did it again, this morning will be DH's first day back at work on days..he is currently getting ready to go. I was so happy she had switched, I don't force it, I let her go by her own rhythm and it happened just like I knew it would. She has been ready for bed around 8pm the past 3 nights now, but has been waking every 10 mins for hours and then every hour outside of that. Tonight she went down again at 815pm, took me 10 mins to get her to sleep. She woke 45 mins later which she has done every night this week, I nursed her back down again.
I managed to get a whole hour with DH watching The Office online.
We went to bed at 1030pm, the second I got in the bed she woke up, I nursed her both sides but she was awake. She was clearly uncomfortable, kept throwing herself all over the bed, whimpering and popping on and off my completely empty boobs. I tried to get her back to sleep for the next 2.5 hours and finally gave up at 1am when I was so far past my breaking point I wanted to put my hand through a wall, scream at the top of my lungs and throw DD across the room...I am SO exhausted from the past few weeks, this was beyond my ability to handle. It feels like torture, as I have described before, because my body is so drained and exhausted it keeps trying to fall asleep but my mind won't let me because she is still awake so there is a constant battle all night long between me and myself, and it's so exhausting.
She is still up now, I don't know why, but she is FINE. She had a big poop 30 mins ago so I'm assuming that has something to do with it, but now I'm going to have to wake us both up early tomorrow just so that she will stay on a day schedule.

Freaking shoot me...I can't do this, everytime I get my hopes up it's coming to an end, it gets worse...it's just bull. I'm SOOOO done..I don't care what I have to do, I can't go through this anymore, I'm becoming a monster.
#146 of 159 Old 11-24-2009, 07:52 PM

LL13, hang in there! From your PPs it sounds like your LO goes through these phases, so just remember, you'll come out the other side. I know how you're feeling though, it's so tough. Lots of hugs.

#147 of 159 Old 11-25-2009, 03:59 AM

ll13, how are you feeling today? did things go any better? were you able to rest when she finally crashed?

i think we might be getting ready to go to bed, finally! it's 1 am, and boyo woke up at 9:30 after almost 2 hours. and then he was UP. up up up. he seems to really be needing the ibuprofin to help him sleep these days -- i think there must be some molars on their way in. we had 2 nights with good long stretches in a row, when I remembered to dose him up, so I gave in and gave him some a little bit ago. he just dropped off after our 4th nursing session, so I'm running up to bed while I can!

#148 of 159 Old 11-26-2009, 07:15 AM

hi. would someone please explain to my son that it is time to SLEEP? and that when he is asleep, mommy should be able to put him into his bed and have him stay asleep?

and that his bedtime is NOT 11 pm! *My* bedtime is before that!

grrr. last night was not so nice, either. he woke up again at 2, and then he did sleep for a good stretch, but by then it was too late. he woke up at 5 and we got up at 7:30 for the day. I'm worried that he isn;t getting the sleep he needs.

#149 of 159 Old 11-29-2009, 10:51 AM

Oh man, last night/this morning was torture... im freaking out! I go back to work in two weeks!!! I dont know how im going to be able to work like this
DS woke up every 1.5-2 hours screaming at the top of his lungs he's been teething for what seems like months now, but the last couple of weeks have been bag. We did give him some Motrin instead of Tylenol to see if that would help with them pain, but he was still waking up. I would nurse him and DH would rock him back to sleep and then 1.5-2 hours later he's up again. I pray that this is a one time occurance. Last night was honestly the hardest night we have ever had with him, he's 11 months old now, I thought it would get better soon..

Serena - married to Jason, mom to Sebastian (b.12.22.2008) and Poppy (b.07.07.2011) ♥

#150 of 159 Old 11-29-2009, 01:51 PM

heavensearth, it has to be a stage. My 11 month old is doing the same thing a couple of nights a week. is he getting his molars, do you think? will he sleep on you or sitting up in a chair with you or DH?

DS is sleeping right now. we are getting 1 good stretch a night again now, but I'm still only getting 4 - 6 hours of broken sleep a night.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page