Breaking Point Mamas Unite - Page 6 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#151 of 159 Old 11-29-2009, 11:42 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigermiep View Post
heavensearth, it has to be a stage. My 11 month old is doing the same thing a couple of nights a week. is he getting his molars, do you think? will he sleep on you or sitting up in a chair with you or DH?

DS is sleeping right now. we are getting 1 good stretch a night again now, but I'm still only getting 4 - 6 hours of broken sleep a night.
I am so relieved to hear that someone else is going through this! his gums are extremely swollen, never seen them like this before.

He still hasnt slept much, maybe two hours today...

We're going to try to alternate between Tylenol and Motrin and see if he can get some relief. Its so not like us to use drugs on him like this but I feel like we have no other option the teething tabs and homeopathic meds aren't working at all.

DS will sleep in our arms for a bit, its just getting him to that point.. normally he would have no problem sleeping in our arms for hours!

Im glad to hear that you are getting some rest though

Serena - married to Jason, mom to Sebastian (b.12.22.2008) and Poppy (b.07.07.2011) ♥

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#152 of 159 Old 12-01-2009, 01:27 AM

Hello ladies..
Sorry I haven't checked in for a while, I've been having a really hard time
The lack of decent sleep and constant non-eating-nursing took it's toll on me and I got mastitis yesterday I'm feeling much, much better today since taking Grapefruit Seed Extract though

heavensearth and tigermiep I have been going through that same stage for what seems like 2 months now, waking every 1-2 hours, every night and nursing back down doesn't work every time either. DD is almost 14 months now and has been pushing 4 molars through these past 2 months, I am PRAYING AND HOPING that this will lighten up again once they are through, it did last time at least for a week or 2.

Tylenol and Motrin don't work for DD either. I gave up on it, even if it does stop most of the pain she still wakes every 2 hours uncomfortable and whimpering. I've been giving her a lot of camomile tea which she loves to help the pain and soothe her sleep better, and lately I've been burning lavender EO around bedtime.

My MIL sent me an amber necklace for her. I think jewelry for babies is a dumb idea but I've heard it can really help so I'm almost tempted to try it.

SLEEP VIBES for all!
#153 of 159 Old 12-01-2009, 04:04 PM

LeoneLover13, mine is almost 14 months too and I'm going through the same thing. For the past week or so she's either been waking up constantly, or sleeping for longer periods but also being up for long periods (at least an hour, sometimes closer to 2) with every waking. For the past 2 nights she's combined the two, plus she's started getting up at 6 AM, about 1.5 hours earlier than usual.

I've noticed that her gums are enormously swollen, so hopefully those pesky teeth will come through soon and give both of us a break.

reading.gif Wife to DH geek.gif  since 08/06. Mother to Eleanor Rose energy.gif, born 10/12/08.  h20homebirth.gif
#154 of 159 Old 12-01-2009, 07:57 PM

Yep, I've been silently "suffering" too. It's worse than it's ever been and I'm still sick. Thankfully the pneumonia has gone but I have a chronic sore throat. The doc is treating it with more antibiotics. UGH. I hate antibiotics, but I have to get better.

DS's gums aren't really sore but I swear he's working on his molars. He had 3 days in a row where he woke up screaming and then last night, no crying. Between 9:30 and 11:30pm he was awake, but we both just lay there until he fell asleep. Then, I THINK we slept until 3am, but I can't be sure since I often forget the wakings. He hasn't had a period of sleep that long since 5 months. I think I'm going to try this approach more - just keep laying him back down until he falls asleep by himself. I tried nursing first and it didn't work. We've been going long periods of time without nursing at night - kind of partially child-led, partially mama-led. I was massively engorged this morning so I probably should read up on partial night weaning. I'm not pushing it, just taking advantage of his "whatever" attitude when it comes to nursing.

babyboy.gif: 01/10/2009 and 09/29/2011

#155 of 159 Old 12-02-2009, 08:59 AM

BLARGH!!! worst night in a while. 1-2 hour stretches, with 30 to 45 min awakenings in between, plus, except for one stretch of 1 hour around 8:30 pm, and from 11 to 1 am, HE WOULD ONLY SLEEP ON ME. we don't usually bedshare any more -- he slept in a sidecar until 7 months, but we moved him out as he sleeps better not in our room... most of the time.

and now he's wide awake and happily banging on a dvd box.

maybe we should just be a community of non-sleeping moms. a new tribe of the Sleep? Who needs sleep? variety. only, I need sleep. I feel like I should just quit my job, as I can't do it very well on so little sleep, but then I'm the main income earner in our family, so that's not really an option.

DS screams when I try to put him in his bed. :P

Waldorf-teaching mama to A (12/08), wife to my sweet wife M , and sharing a home with a dog , four cats , five turtles, a fish, and a crab.
#156 of 159 Old 12-02-2009, 05:29 PM

Ugh, sorry tigermiep. Just a quick reply to say we had an "okay" night. Of course, he woke about 6 times but that's better than 10 right?! Anyway, I wondered if it was because I put his amber teething necklace back on him? Worth a try if you haven't got one!

babyboy.gif: 01/10/2009 and 09/29/2011

#157 of 159 Old 12-02-2009, 06:56 PM

Louisep -- we're borrowing one from a friend, but he tends to try to chew on it, and that's not a good idea.

Waldorf-teaching mama to A (12/08), wife to my sweet wife M , and sharing a home with a dog , four cats , five turtles, a fish, and a crab.
#158 of 159 Old 12-03-2009, 12:16 PM

I just found this thread. My 15 mo. son isn't the worst sleeper out there, but he's challenging and I am definitely at my breaking point! In a perfect world, all I want is for him to sleep until 7am and I want consistent naptime. I won't even ask for STTN - he's up usually only twice a night which I realize is not too bad. I don't mind night nursing as long as he goes back to sleep (sometimes he doesn't.... and that really pushes me to the brink).

I realize that our sleep issues are not that terrible relatively speaking. I might be able to handle them better except that he can be really challenging the rest of the time, too.

When we have a difficult day (like today) I feel so disconnected from him. And I really feel like I am doing both of us a huge disservice by not helping him get the sleep he needs. I question everything I do.

I wonder if it would help to have a very consistent schedule (we only have a fairly consistent bedtime) but I just feel overwhelmed by that.

I want another baby but I am terrified by the possibility that DS will still be having issues a year from now.

Baby Boy 9/08 & Baby Girl 3/11

#159 of 159 Old 12-29-2009, 10:42 PM

Its been a few weeks since I last posted and we may have a breakthrough! Sebastian is getting much easier to put to sleep now, sometimes he just falls asleep in our arms and we're able to put him in his crib. He's sleeping longer too, some nights five hours straight! we're not 'cured' (last night he played from 12 - 3am) but we're doing much better thankfully as I went back to work two weeks ago.

Hugs for all the other sleep deprived mama's!

Serena - married to Jason, mom to Sebastian (b.12.22.2008) and Poppy (b.07.07.2011) ♥

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page